Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add An "Equipped" Symbol To Mods And Arcanes In Arsenal Just Like The Mod Station Has To Distinguish Duplicates

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

As I went over in a previous post which I will link, dealing with having multiple of the same mod (and as others pointed out with Arcanes) is frustrating. This results in equipping the wrong version of a duplicate mod and presenting the problem of it being removed from builds when you trade one of the duplicates away. The mod station tells you which is the equipped one (thank you Voltage for that information) but not on what items each is equipped nor does the arsenal screen give you any info. Due to this, the only way to ensure you don't give yourself a future headache is to check back in your mod foundry for each duplicate mod you put on to ensure you put the right one on. Doing so is very frustrating as half my build making is checking back and searching for a mod in the foundry to avoid future problems. This goes doubly for Arcanes which have no proper indication of any equip state resulting in people keeping their arcane at lower ranks for trading to avoid a massive headache of unequipping an arcane on tons of builds. 

Can we please get an indicator in the arsenal screen (and trade menu for Arcanes) which tells you which mods and arcanes are equipped elsewhere. This would make it so much easier to know which mod and arcane is my primary and thus which to equip and which not to. 

Edit: An additional option (to improve future building( is code the game to always equip the duplicate that is equipped elsewhere so you have one prrimary version that always gets used and always trade one that isn't equipped if there are duplicates. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 8

One thing I noticed is that if you have 2 of identical rank but one of those 2 is equipped, trading/selling/dissolving the one will unequip it regardless. I tried to trade away a mod I had equipped but had 2 of at the same rank and got the warning for both of them and after the trade it was still unequipped regardless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flannoit said:

One thing I noticed is that if you have 2 of identical rank but one of those 2 is equipped, trading/selling/dissolving the one will unequip it regardless. I tried to trade away a mod I had equipped but had 2 of at the same rank and got the warning for both of them and after the trade it was still unequipped regardless.

It's even dumber than that. I recently did a new setup for my Nataruk and couldn't fit a max rank Terminal Velocity so I put on an r0 one and upgraded that. What happened? It unequipped my max rank Terminal Velocity, which I didn't even touch, from the mod setup where it actually fit. The whole thing is just broken in half 20 times over.

16 minutes ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

It's even dumber than that. I recently did a new setup for my Nataruk and couldn't fit a max rank Terminal Velocity so I put on an r0 one and upgraded that. What happened? It unequipped my max rank Terminal Velocity, which I didn't even touch, from the mod setup where it actually fit. The whole thing is just broken in half 20 times over.

Holy moly lmao...

6 hours ago, Flannoit said:

This means you had both mods equipped somewhere and didn't know it (as is the problem). Look for the little hexagon on the bottom of the mod card in your mod station. That tells you which are equipped. 

5 hours ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

Can you elaborate in more detail? Because I think a similar thing happened to me but I'm unsure with your description. 

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

This means you had both mods equipped somewhere and didn't know it (as is the problem). Look for the little hexagon on the bottom of the mod card in your mod station. That tells you which are equipped. 

I didn't actually, unless if the game swapped them around without me telling it to. The mod in question was Adaptation, and the 2nd one was leveled long after all my other frames who used Adaptation had the 1st max rank one. So the 2nd Adaptation shouldn't have been considered equipped at all.

1 hour ago, Flannoit said:

I didn't actually, unless if the game swapped them around without me telling it to. The mod in question was Adaptation, and the 2nd one was leveled long after all my other frames who used Adaptation had the 1st max rank one. So the 2nd Adaptation shouldn't have been considered equipped at all.

They'll swap order sometimes. Especially if you use the mod link copy feature. 

Just now, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

They'll swap order sometimes. Especially if you use the mod link copy feature. 

I didn't even know that was a feature lol... But if it swaps order so far in post, that's another big problem entirely, because I don't even mod for Adaptation anymore.

Either way - point of the thread still stands that this is a problem that seriously needs some addressing.

1 minute ago, Flannoit said:

I didn't even know that was a feature lol... But if it swaps order so far in post, that's another big problem entirely, because I don't even mod for Adaptation anymore.

Either way - point of the thread still stands that this is a problem that seriously needs some addressing.

It's inconsistent AF. 

• Like 1

On 2022-12-08 at 9:07 AM, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

I'm mad at you now as I cannot unlearn this. That's awful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Equipped mods are marked in trade window. Not in the arsenal. Arcanes aren't marked at all. 

*sigh* it's a super tiny indication that is easy to miss isn't it? If I was one who bets I'd bet the only way you'd know it was there is if you read the patch notes when it was first released.

17 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

*sigh* it's a super tiny indication that is easy to miss isn't it? If I was one who bets I'd bet the only way you'd know it was there is if you read the patch notes when it was first released.

Completely agree. Just was trying to be clear. 

On 2022-12-08 at 9:07 AM, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

I've seen this too. Drives me nuts. It's like if you tell it yes, it's okay to unequip this mod, all it knows is the name and the weapon and so all instances of that mod will be removed from all configs. 

And yeah, the big thing is trading. The game jumbles up which copies of mods and arcanes are equipped such that I can go and rank up a weapon arcane, sell it, and have it disappear from half of my guns. Same with Adaptation and Primed mods I might do the same with.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...