The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Grand Masters Get Terrible End Of The Stick?

ClaymoreNo47

This is what I foresee

> player is a founder

> player wants Misa Syandana

> player purchases Ember pack

> Rhino Pack is released afterwards with an even sexier exclusive syandana

> player rages because he spent cash on Ember Pack and wants the latest Rhino Pack syandana

Or they could just offer Syandana without having to go threw the packs.

This is what I foresee

> player is a founder

> player wants Misa Syandana

> player purchases Ember pack

> Rhino Pack is released afterwards with an even sexier exclusive syandana

> player rages because he spent cash on Ember Pack and wants the latest Rhino Pack syandana

Screw Rhino, Loki prime should come out next.

all I want from this is the Misa Syandana. cuz I mean, Ember Prime and the Sicarus and Glaive Prime should all be weapons that can be found in the void if i'm not mistaken. The titan extractor prime is the equivalent of two normal titan extractors being sent to the same place I suppose. and the discounted plat, well I still have a lot from my founder's pack

all I want is the syandana, or at least, a non-Prime version of it.

Im going to be honest and I speak on behalf of myself. rather I got the short end of the stick. I dont care. I make too much money to give a damn lol.

those who like me who got grand master either were well off with paying jobs, got birthday money, asked your family for money, or saved a  crap ton to get grand master. We knew what we were getting ourselves into.

its because of us that warframe keeps living and growing. we Paid  the devs   bills  to keep this game running.

its because of us grand master  that  this ember access even exists in the first place.

So in conclusion, I believe we got the better  end of the stick because  we   contributed to something great. Warframe is where its at today because of us.

Thats my 2 cents, feel free to  flame, yell at me etc XP

Yeah it is a nasty move to include something like Prime Scarf and Prime collector there but consider it their foundership. I will not buy any of them even if I wanted them so bad.

Ah, I see. I guess I support DE having periodic exclusive packages, but for how expensive they are, I think the items should not be obtainable from in-game drops, similar to the founder packages structures.

What about a discount on Prime Access packages for founders? As we already made a huge investment early on.

While i understand the need for everyone to own everything cosmetically cool, we founders got a pretty good deal. I do agree with this though. I'd like to see my perks as a founder continue with a discount on the Prime Access. If they could cut it to around %50 of what it is now for founders, that'd be really cool. I'm sure most of us would be willing to drop more money to support the game further, as well as pimp ourselves out in the process and save some time.

I purposely left out all the stuff that's not exclusive because that never matters, time will earn them.  -[1]- Is it wrong and cynical of me to believe the prime excavator and scarf is so much better? -[2]-Also buying this new package is probably not gonna happen for any grand master considering how much plat we got. -[3]-That means grand masters will probably never get them.

1. Cynical isn't the right word, but perhaps envious, although there's an easy fix for that.

2. That's entirely speculative and not DE's problem really. If grand masters have as much as they do to put into the game financially, this should be trivial. They already have plenty of exclusives anyway, grass is greener though.

3. If you want it then get it. I won't, that's a ton of money for a silly scarf and some other things, much of which I can just get through playing anyway. You have this fat bag of swag from buying grand master and are complaining about not having much, is what it sounds like. Maybe consider being pleased with the things you do have as they are now unobtainable and if it matters to you, probably have some people want them that didn't get them.

oh i completely understand dont get me wrong. What i'm saying is we got the wrong end of the stick. $140 gets so much more than the $250 price tag is what im saying.

I still do not regret or will ever regret buying im just simply pointing it out as a fact.

I agree with you and sadly its the trend with these founders packs. The second one is always better and makes you feel lame for buying the founders. Path of Exile did the same thing, the new packs are like 10 bucks more but you get way more stuff and not just ingame stuff either you get a shirt with the 100 pack and founders only got it from the 250 pack so yeah

I just got a pretty nice raise with a promotion...

...is it wrong that I'm thinking of buying the new pack to celebrate?

Nope. Working as intended.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The packs are fine, either pony up the dough, or deal with other people having shiny cookies.

Edited by Archistopheles

I believe grandmasters should have 50% permanent market discount tied to their account. Then I'd say that's a good reward for supporting the game.

Yeah that would be awesome.  In retrospect $250 isn't a small sum for a game.  It keeps me entertained tho.  =)

Even tho I have everything I can craft, crafted and leveled I've come to the conclusion that I can't have everything in game (lato and braton vandals, etc.) so I've kind of given up on that.

The Ember Prime specific Syandana doesn't have mastery points, so it's no biggie.

Edited by sushidubya

Sigh... not this again.

Grand Masters got:

8k Platinum (this alone is a huge deal)

Landmark

Skana and Lato Prime

Excalibur Prime

Shoulder insignia.

The above (except the Platinum) is not obtainable through any other means, at all.

The Prime Access pack gives:

4300 Platinum (still a nice deal)

Misa Prime Syandana

Titan Extractor Prime

90-Day Boosters

As the only "exclusive" rewards (the boosters you can buy yourself, but would be incredibly expensive). Ember Prime, Glaive Prime, and Sicarus Prime are obtainable in-game by everybody, unlike the Skana, Lato, and Excalibur Primes.

I'm a Grandmaster and I think this is perfectly fair and fine. And yes, I bought the Prime Access Pack, too. Because I love this game, and I like to support DE and I like it when they give me nice stuff in return.

The Ember Prime specific Syandana doesn't have mastery points, so it's no biggie.

The Syandana can be worn on any Warframe, as per the Prime Access FAQ.

Edited by Xylia

I bought a couple mod packs.. perhaps like 4 of them... the "guaranteed rares" were, 3 out of 4 times, Warframe Powers. *rolls eyes*

That one rare I did get that wasn't a Warframe Power, though, was a pretty good one though which one exactly escapes me. Oh wait, that's right, I bought 5 and got 2. One was Thunderbolt (back when that was mildly difficult to get) and the other.... blah. One of those rare Warframe Mods, maybe it was something along the lines of Handspring or Heavy Impact or something. I remember at the time, it was claimed to be hard to get.

Once I had done 5 and saw the "guaranteed rares" were, 3 out of 5 times, Warframe Powers I was like "uh, no.. this is a waste of plat" and never bought another since. I bought 1 Fusion Core pack just to see how good it was... and lol. like 3 or so commons, and 1 rare. Never bought another.

DE really needs to look into the prices on some of this stuff; and/or what you actually get. Who actually buys the 90p->30k creds? Why is that still a thing as long as it has been on the Market? I can't see anybody actually falling for that.