Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please address Rhino's Voidshell Skin

(XBOX)Neko Royalty

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet but Rhino's Voidshell Skin is in Dire need of a patch or something. It looks great when in the Orbiter but when Iron Skin is active it's really bad which is quite unfortunate. I was so happy when DE fixed the visual effect problems caused by Iron Skin on all Rhino Skins back in one of the Angels of the Zariman hotfixes. They did a great job fixing them. His Voidshell Skin has so much potential but in its current state I just can't bring myself to use it. Rhino is my most used & favorite frame. I'd greatly appreciate it if that Skin was fixed somehow.

• Like 3

On 2022-12-15 at 6:03 AM, Drasiel said:

Could provide a picture or a better description of what's wrong with it? I haven't really noticed anything that stands out that badly.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/N6YT7VBK3S

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/24J9V2AFZ5

On 2022-12-15 at 6:22 AM, (XBOX)Neko Royalty said:

Top link is with Iron Skin active on his Voidshell Skin and the bottom one is without Iron Skin active

Iron Skin's visuals are designed to fit Rhino/Rhino Prime default bodies. Any skins without its own effects have the same issue (ie Dex). The pixelated area in the belly is there because it's where the emissive textures would be, so it's the only way they have to show them.

I'm unsure how they could update Iron Skin's visuals really, been giving this thought forever.

Also all helmets sre bugged in Iron Skin, the UVs are wrong for both, the default/Prime effect and the Palatine skin.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

YESSSS someone said this finally 

Accent being that large in Rhino's void shell skin limits the color scheme aspect when Iron skin is enabled, the yellow scheme looks great but after activating your 2 you end up being covered in yellow metallic, makes me feel like an off brand transformer. I would LOVE if they treated the iron skin similar to how Iron Skin on Rhino Palatines look it would most likely increases sales cause you could literally show off your skin without deactivating your ability that's heavily tied to your survival 

14 hours ago, (PSN)ElectricCold said:

YESSSS someone said this finally 

Accent being that large in Rhino's void shell skin limits the color scheme aspect when Iron skin is enabled, the yellow scheme looks great but after activating your 2 you end up being covered in yellow metallic, makes me feel like an off brand transformer. I would LOVE if they treated the iron skin similar to how Iron Skin on Rhino Palatines look it would most likely increases sales cause you could literally show off your skin without deactivating your ability that's heavily tied to your survival 

I actually hate the palatine skin for how it displays iron skin, at one point the energy field around you was visible but then after the lighting changes it's pretty much invisible now. I find it much easier to watch my frame to see when the iron skin comes off rather than constantly looking down to the right corner of the screen. If the palatine skin's original iron skin had looked like it does now, I never would have have purchased the skin. I would absolutely hate if iron skin was changed to be equally invisible on the void shell skin.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

it's honestly shameful that they've never addressed this. i'm sure there's a way to improve it if they put aside time and effort to do it. rhino is also one of the few frames they still haven't updated to PBR textures, so the basic skin still has the shiny plastic appearance.

like, really, ironskin's coverage looks like ass. this is what your brand new shiny voidshell skin looks like if you dare use ironskin on it:

rhino-ironskin.png

and rhino's basic skin looks like.... this?

rhino-basic-skin.png

like... come on. it's a latex suit. it's gross. this needs more attention if we want to actually have any hope of having it addressed, otherwise it's going to rot on the long list of weird visual issues this game has, and has had for years. that's not even to mention the rubedo skin, if any poor sod has actually bought the thing. no PBR on that either, and ironskin is quite subtle (and incredibly splotchy) aside from the massive shoulder pads from the non-toggleable prime details:

rhino-rubedo.png

this stuff is just never going to get any traction unless DE are shown this directly and often. rhino is practically a starter frame, one of the core warframes, and this is the treatment it gets. i think rhino ironskin was at its best when, for a brief time, they had accidently swapped a couple of the color channels around and you could actually get an ironskinned rhino that wasn't a big shiny blob of one single color. but of course, that was a bug, so that had to go and now we have mono-color blob rhino again. but hey, at least he's splotchy as hell now, so technically you can see more color on him............

as for the palatine skin, it looks okay enough, but ironskin is tied to effects intensity, so if you keep that turned down, ironskin is going to be literally invisible on him. this is his ironskin with intensity scaled all the way up, and that's already quite subtle:

rhino-palatine.png

so.... rhino has lots of problems. will they ever get addressed? who knows. but we have a better shot at it if more of us care to poke them about it and make THEM care enough to do something about it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
En 2/11/2023 a las 10:19, Geraaltix dijo:

Honestamente, es vergonzoso que nunca hayan abordado esto. Estoy seguro de que hay una manera de mejorarlo si dedican tiempo y esfuerzo a hacerlo. rhino también es uno de los pocos marcos que aún no han actualizado a texturas PBR, por lo que la piel básica aún tiene la apariencia de plástico brillante.

En realidad, la cobertura de Ironskin parece una mierda. Así es como se verá tu nueva y brillante piel de caparazón vacío si te atreves a usar piel de hierro en ella:

piel-de-hierro-rinoceronte.png

y la piel básica del rinoceronte se parece a... ¿esto?

piel-básica-de-rinoceronte.png

como... vamos. es un traje de látex. es desagradable. Esto necesita más atención si realmente queremos tener alguna esperanza de solucionarlo; de lo contrario, se pudrirá en la larga lista de problemas visuales extraños que este juego tiene y ha tenido durante años. Eso sin mencionar la piel de Rubedo, si es que algún pobre diablo la ha comprado. tampoco hay PBR en eso, y la piel de hierro es bastante sutil (e increíblemente manchada) aparte de las enormes hombreras de los detalles principales no intercambiables:

rinoceronte-rubedo.png

Estas cosas nunca tendrán tracción a menos que a DE se le muestre esto directamente y con frecuencia. rhino es prácticamente un frame inicial, uno de los warframes principales, y este es el tratamiento que recibe. Creo que rhino ironskin estaba en su mejor momento cuando, por un breve tiempo, accidentalmente intercambiaron un par de canales de color y en realidad se podía obtener un rinoceronte con piel de hierro que no era una gran mancha brillante de un solo color. pero, por supuesto, eso fue un error, así que tuvo que desaparecer y ahora tenemos nuevamente un rinoceronte monocolor. pero bueno, al menos ahora tiene muchas manchas, así que técnicamente puedes verle más color...

En cuanto a la piel palatina, se ve bastante bien, pero la piel de hierro está ligada a la intensidad de los efectos, por lo que si la mantienes baja, la piel de hierro será literalmente invisible para él. Esta es su piel de hierro con una intensidad aumentada al máximo, y eso ya es bastante sutil:

rinoceronte-palatino.png

entonces... el rinoceronte tiene muchos problemas. ¿Alguna vez serán abordados? quién sabe. pero tendremos más posibilidades de lograrlo si más de nosotros nos preocupamos de insistirles y lograr que a ELLOS les importe lo suficiente como para hacer algo al respecto.

I would love for DE to take this issue into account, it's a shame how the iron skin ruins the entire look of the frame. If it were too much for DE to modify the iron skin on all rhino skins, I would like them to at least give the option to be able to make the iron skin invisible and have rhino with his base appearance all the time