Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave "mark 0/5 resources or mods"

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I just ran three missions solo (fissure to get the relic as well). I spent 10-12 min on average in each. Was very mindful to look and not destroy resources. Hardly any showed up!

I found two kurias and cephalon globes but my nightwave still shows 0/5.

I marked the cephalon globes, orokin cells, salvage, alloy crates, that brown thing with yellow dots lol....seems bugged. When I marked them they were marked with a name not a "waypoint". Why aren't these being recognized?

Also, how do you mark a mod? Mods get sucked up once you kill someone. Not sure how to even do that.

10 answers to this question

What exactly are you marking?  If you're marking the containers, then that's not the proper way to do the challenge.

Shoot the container open from a distance to not vacuum it up, then mark the actual resource.  If you kill enemies from a distance and they drop a mod, you can mark that as well before moving closer to vacuum it up.

I'm mainly marking resources since the mods are sucked up. I'll run up to it, point my cursor/reticle at it, then mark it like a waypoint. Again, it puts the name of the resource there. It doesn't say "waypoint". For example it would say "orokin cell". Then after it's marked I would destroy it.

But i also left some intact in the third mission to see if destroying it negated marking it. Still shows 0/5.

I've done this nightwave before, maybe 6 weeks ago, and fulfilled it. I'm not sure what's changed but this is what I did in the past marking resources.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

then that's not the proper way to do the challenge

I'll try your method next time. I don't understand why the proper marking would be displayed showing the resource name but it doesn't recognize it. I'm not marking "containers", I'm marking the resource (prior to destroying it) that are recognizable already lime an argon crystal. I already know what that is, it's not in a container chest.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

And BTW the instructions in nightwave "How - hit right stick" say to just use your marker. Doesn't say to destroy it first.

Because if you mark an Orokin Cell Array, you're not actually marking the resource.  That is a container for the resource.  You gain the resource by breaking the container and taking the Orokin Cells out of it.

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Because if you mark an Orokin Cell Array, you're not actually marking the resource.  That is a container for the resource.  You gain the resource by breaking the container and taking the Orokin Cells out of it.

A part of me just doesn't like this, yet I get it on basically every level I can think of. Why can't resource containers/"formations" count?
It's a small thing, but I'd love it.

Point Noted

the challenge is not immediately intuitive and perhaps should be adjusted or the description changed?

people are attempting to mark the resource container spawn, not the drop itself

but given that drops are naturally picked up (and thus vanish), it does make intuitive sense that if one wanted to Communicate drop locations to other players; they'd mark the crate *before* cracking it open and collecting.

-"hey guys, I found a box of loot, come over here and we'll open it together"

IE, I can't fault OP's misunderstanding when the "correct" way to perform the challenge is actually kinda obtuse.

I use a Zaw w/ Exodia Contagion. Throw Zaw, breaks everything from outside Vacuum distance: mark all the green, orange and nav coords that pop out. Can do it in one room if there's enough enemies in there too as say Grineer can drop resources like Plastids or, even faster: head to Deimos' Cambion Drift and blast the Infested plant things all over the place like right outside the Necralisk as all five orange glows count individually

Archived