Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to reduce game load time?

-BA-L0v1s4

Question

I been playing this game since orb valis release 
change from HDD laptop to newly 500gb SSD intel i5 laptop in those timeframe.
every update the game run smoothly until update veilbreaker release
it take like around 1 min or more to load into 1 game (even go solo) same with going back to orbiter.
!. I have remove all deco items in my orbiter n set on orbiter not earth camp.
2. make lowest graphic setting
3. optimize n cache twice
4. Reinstall the game twice

why i think it not pc problem is cause i can play others kind of mmo game w/o load issues 

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, -BA-L0v1s4 said:

CPU: Intel(R) core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60hz
GPU: NDVIDIA GeForce MX250 / Interl(R) UHD Grap. 620

DOWNLOAD Mbps 84.74

UPLOAD Mbps 54.55

That CPU will bog you down, GPU isn't that great but isn't impacted for load times. I have an i5-7400 and it is the thing that spikes when watching task manager for load times during mission/orbiter loads with probably around 20 second load times if I had to guess with being constantly put into new missions due to people able to load faster and start the mission countdown before I am finished.

Given that is a laptop there is likely nothing you can do to reduce the game load time other than getting a new system. Or maybe even checking the game files to see if it really is on your SSD.

2 hours ago, -BA-L0v1s4 said:

DOWNLOAD Mbps 84.74

UPLOAD Mbps 54.55

The hardware of your laptop isn't good enough. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Are you sure the issue is on your end and not DE servers? Nowadays it actually takes me longer to load into the Orbiter than it is to load into a mission.

ha ha, someone is hurt. 

To @-BA-L0v1s4,

If your playing Solo, Loading time won't be affected by your internet connection.

Usually it's Memory or Video

Memory : Verify and Optimize (done already) / RAM  (8  or 16 ?)+ Shared memory (0 or Auto) / Free Space on your SSD (minus the shared) 50 to 80go

Video : Video Card + Usual Update/Warframe Incompatibility / Video Shared Memory (O or ..)

Can you Check and tells us the memories values Ram, shared and free ones ?

-Sometimes on Laptop setting a higher Shared memory really help (I had 3 laptop with Warframe, auto never work well).

On 2023-01-02 at 8:32 PM, -BA-L0v1s4 said:

hmm. if you've already moved Warframe to an SSD, so that covers the penalty of the game on a Hard Disk depending on what you're loading (like Earth/Venus/Deimos Landscape, Railjack).

looking at this Hardware, i do think i'm not that surprised, but you say in the recent past it was running pretty okay, so let's go through some of the common things.

• is your CPU not running in its high Power state? the low Power state of this CPU is quite slow. it's also not uncommon for Notebooks to automatically throttle if you're not plugged into Power at the time.
    also if the controls for its Power states are preventing it from running at the high state currently for whatever reason.
  • the game is definitely running on your dedicated GPU, right? and not accidentally on your iGPU instead?
  • is your SSD critically full? as in very little free space left on it? SSD's droop in performance as the Drive fills up, and it starts to slow down considerably when it's very close to full. it should still outperform a Hard Disk significantly anyways even when close to full (for Reads, atleast) anyways, but it's something to consider.
    • similarly, when is the last time that you ran the Optimize option on the Launcher? if it's been quite a long time, i'd suggest running that.
  • have you added more background Software in recent times? the Hardware you have is the Hardware you have, but this isn't exactly high performance stuff so i'd recommend keeping the amount of background Software fairly streamlined. don't leave lots of Browser Tabs open (maybe even don't have your Browser open at all), keep other heavy stuff like Skype or Discord or Teams or Slack or w/e to a bare minimum (i get that People tend to multi-task more thesedays and Social Services are important, but keep how many you use at once streamlined on slower Computers while you're playing games).
    bloatware from the Manufacturer of your Notebook and other ""helpful"" Software, also try to keep minimized.
  • nothing is running really hot, right? particularly that the CPU/GPU aren't running hot enough to start throttling themselves?
  • perhaps consider the Toggle for Legacy/Enhanced Graphics. on this Notebook i expect the 'Enhanced' Graphics option to run considerably slower, i'm pretty sure i'd recommend the 'Legacy' option for this system.

On 2023-01-02 at 10:21 PM, XHADgaming said:

That CPU will bog you down, GPU isn't that great but isn't impacted for load times.

the GPU is absolutely involved in Loading too. after the CPU moves Data or processes Scripts, the GPU needs to load what it needs to play that Mission. less performant GPU's will take longer to load the Assets necessary to start playing. games aren't going to let you Spawn into the Mission before any of the World is loaded after all.
the CPU is the most important part, but the CPU is almost always the most important part of everything a Computer does (it's literally the centerpoint of everything), as per normal.

RTX 3080Ti, 64gb RAM (doubt it's the hardware... a 1070Ti with 16gb RAM doesn't have this problem)

Slow loading in solo as well as multi-player. I even tried using half the 64gb RAM as a RAMdrive and using mklink to place the game folder on it. No difference. CPU utilisation never hits above 50% (octo-core 3.4GHz), tried connections from home/etc, including a T1 at work. No joy.

The game may not allow you spawn into a mission before enough of the 'world' is loaded... but it will allow your team-mates to complete the mission... and I've gotten a 'mission complete' / end of mission dialog back to back without ever dropping into the mission.

Ever since Veilbreaker it has been like that for me. The game's just fine once loading is complete but loading in is the problem. I've got other players with near identical hardware and they don't seem to have this problem. OS reinstall / etc. Tenno being tenno, everyone will either Leave Squad or Force Start anyway.

Archived