Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Crewship Shields

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Any tips or weapons that work well against, or shoot through, crewship shields.?

Any tips or mods that increase base stats for dome charges?

For Crewship Shields I've heard Galvarc destroys them but not sure. 

I tried to use my void hole but "missed" somehow even though it's max rank LOL and tried again and it never worked since. This is weird bc I've been on others' RJs this week and one dude was spamming void hole left and right. Why is my RJ so crappy? 

I also have two base dome charges and I've been on RJs that have up to 6. Yet I can't figure out how to increase the base stats permanantly. My RJ has 7 forma and I can go back during a mission and increase to 3 but next mission it's back to two.

Also what does blackout pulse actually do? When I use it it doesn't seem to actually do anything?

Sorry for all the questions I'm sick of going into missions and trying to figure this out. I've literally cleared the RJ Star Hart, put 7 forma on a railjack and never used any RJ abilities or shot through shields LOL

Also, the "join any crew" was removed from proxima planets (at least void). Why?

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

whichever Railjack Gun was the Continuous Laser type, that has Punch-Through so it can hit things that you normally wouldn't be able to hit

Ok. Yeah because the Vidar Pulsar doesn't shoot through the shield and the Tycho seeker missile didn't work either. Absolutely nothing seems to work in terms of weapons. Not even a dome charge shot.

On 2023-01-14 at 2:43 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Any tips or weapons that work well against, or shoot through, crewship shields.?

Any tips or mods that increase base stats for dome charges?

For Crewship Shields I've heard Galvarc destroys them but not sure. 

I tried to use my void hole but "missed" somehow even though it's max rank LOL and tried again and it never worked since. This is weird bc I've been on others' RJs this week and one dude was spamming void hole left and right. Why is my RJ so crappy? 

I also have two base dome charges and I've been on RJs that have up to 6. Yet I can't figure out how to increase the base stats permanantly. My RJ has 7 forma and I can go back during a mission and increase to 3 but next mission it's back to two.

Also what does blackout pulse actually do? When I use it it doesn't seem to actually do anything?

Sorry for all the questions I'm sick of going into missions and trying to figure this out. I've literally cleared the RJ Star Hart, put 7 forma on a railjack and never used any RJ abilities or shot through shields LOL

Also, the "join any crew" was removed from proxima planets (at least void). Why?

Dome charge capacity resets when you finish a campaign (return to drydock or simply abandon to orbiter), it increases when you craft dome charges in the forge.

As for crewship shields, get closer (<500 meters) and use Drift Maneouver around the crewship, then shoot the drone situated on the inside of said shield.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Someone should correct the wiki then . It shows 0.0m punch through:

it does on the Infobox since a value wasn't entered, all of the Text does mention. i could put in a placeholder value i guess(done), since we know it has some but aren't exactly sure how much.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

t's Photor. it has like 0.5m of Punch-Through

Someone should correct the wiki then . It shows 0.0m punch through:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Photor

Edit: the Crewship page:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Crewship?so=search

Does say the photor has innate punch through. Maybe I will craft the Galvarc and try that.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Ok. Yeah because the Vidar Pulsar doesn't shoot through the shield and the Tycho seeker missile didn't work either. Absolutely nothing seems to work in terms of weapons. Not even a dome charge shot.

For Grineer crewships with shields, use missile. For Corpus crewships with extra shields, shoot generators with guns.

Just read the wiki on RJ armaments and clicked on all main articles and none of the weapons show punch through. All are listed at 0%

it's Photor. it has like 0.5m of Punch-Through. allows you to shoot through the Corpus Shield and should work on the Grineer Generators but i don't remember if it does.
Shatter Burst definitely works, anyways. it's not nothing does, just most things.

for the Corpus Shields you can also just out strafe the Shield to shoot behind it, too. lets you still use whatever Guns you think are fun and deal with the Shields. Photor is pretty boring to use IMO.

the Tycho Seeker Missile can be helpful on Grineer Crewships, it can sometimes destroy those Generators pretty well.
Shatter Burst is also quite effective, as a cloud of overlapping AoE's. works on the moving Corpus Shield, too.
the uhhhhh, whichever Railjack Gun was the Continuous Laser type, that has Punch-Through so it can hit things that you normally wouldn't be able to hit.

if someone rides alongside the Crewship, something like Velocitus can also pierce things and take out Shield modules that way. since Velocitus has Punch-Through.

On 2023-01-14 at 8:43 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Blackout Pulse is an EMP Missile, in essence. it stuns anything within its Radius, preventing them from moving or attacking.
also has a bigger AoE if you manually detonate it rather than waiting for it to hit something.

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

if you just let it shoot out into space, it will seem much smaller from a distance

This is probably the deal. I got it to work but the distance thing is something I'm not yet used to. Last time I think I did shoot it way too far. This time I activated it almost immediately while the fighters were still a ways away. I had to fly around and kinda sit behind it and they eventually flew into it. But....i was only able to use it once. So the WF I'm using is Revenant Prime with a potato that I run steel path with etc. So not sure why I'm limited to one use. I was solo so it took some time to destroy the fighters and two crewships (Pluto proxima) so there was plenty of time for my WF energy to rebuild.

For the quote below -- I had Zekti Talyn MkIII but just switched the forward pilot gun to the Vidar pulsar. I think it was able to shoot the shields on the crewships in Pluto proxima. But I'm not sure. I did launch a middle at one. I was wondering if they ever had shields. I know on lower level Venus missions the crewships don't have shields. So not sure if I shot the shields from a far distance before I got close enough to see

5 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

My actual build Pulsar on turrets for fighters cover, Carcinnox on Pilot for crewship confusion. All Full Zetki MKIII providing better fire rate ie shorter time to empty

You need first to target them, Four ^ symbols forming a square will appear on your crosshair and AFTER they switch to NESO positions, this mean the target is locked on

Good to know.

the front of your canon will be after the shield and

Tried this. Did not work! LOL  (with Zekti Talyn III)

Also, why can't I get into the rear area of my own railjack after this mission?

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/NFDSMP928J

1/ When I did this sparks appeared but nothing was frozen or blew up. I'll try again. 

2/ So if this is launched when you depress the R/S on the controller I've done this 100 times and nothing happens. FYI. Great detailed info though on how you use the RJ thanks. I also reread the wiki and it's the Warframe energy that powers the void hole and other RJ abilities. Did not know that.

3/ The crewships in higher levels with rotating shield defense unit.

1/ They don't explode, they get an electric SFX and are Stun/ "Ragdoll" . At RANK 10 active for 3s, Radius 200m, 600elec for 50En; Having More Range and Duration is better.

2/ You need first to target them, Four ^ symbols forming a square will appear on your crosshair and AFTER they switch to NESO positions, this mean the target is locked on; Only then the missile will auto-hit the target (Tycho seeker only, not on Milato)

3/ This what I had consider from the start in my advices. The crew ship Yellow-hexagrid "Overshield" from grineer or blue one from corpus are Ordnance kill BUT

/!\ For Corpus Drone Square Shield (the rotating one) /!\, there is trick to get it quickly : Go at point blank on him and shoot at full firerate; the front of your canon will be after the shield and directly hit the drone, killing it swiftly XD. An "exploit" reported in the past but accepted by [DE] team SO... use it

About guns, its' a bit like colors and tastes; What I can say about all purpose ones (

1. Pulsar higher range is great on turrets for range and Fire rate : So great that my creww can blew up fighters before I can even target them -_-;;
    Photor have a higher damage until overheat but lower range 5000/6000 and Lower DPS Burst. Better against crewship during long fights.
  2. Carcinnox is better when solo because it trigger "crews to become confused, turning on their allies". So when you attack a ship, all fighters and others crewships shoot your target instead of you, providing excellent defense and offense at the same time. It has the best burst DPS of all but goes empty pretty fast :p.

My actual build Pulsar on turrets for fighters cover, Carcinnox on Pilot for crewship confusion. All Full Zetki MKIII providing better fire rate ie shorter time to empty.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

My void hole was kinda small and per the mod it states the radius based on level and my mod is max rank as well. In a different mission this dude's void homes were absolutely humongous! Or maybe it's a different ability? 

Oh and something else that might be relevant. You know you can manually detonate it right? So it will explode if it hits an enemy, but you can also detonate it yourself, so its effectiveness can be determined by that. Also, in a way its size, since naturally if you just let it shoot out into space, it will seem much smaller from a distance, than if you manually activate it closer. Could that possibly be the factor? Perception? Could also be a different ability, but there are only so many abilities and not many are too visually similar. I do personally prefer Seeker Volley though anyway. 

Take care! 

48 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Photor can bypass shields

I did read this elsewhere and crafted a photor (Vidar i think). Haven't tested it yet.

49 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Everything inside the explosion range will be disabled/frozen for some time

When I did this sparks appeared but nothing was frozen or blew up. I'll try again. 

1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

Tycho seeker / Missile : Useful at long range once target is locked

So if this is launched when you depress the R/S on the controller I've done this 100 times and nothing happens. FYI. Great detailed info though on how you use the RJ thanks. I also reread the wiki and it's the Warframe energy that powers the void hole and other RJ abilities. Did not know that.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

However certain higher levelled Crew Ships, of both Corpus and Grineer variety, have additional shields/barriers that prevent any damage to them

The crewships in higher levels with rotating shield defense unit.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

someone with a MK III Zekti Reactor will have a larger and stronger Voidhole than someone with a MK I reactor

Everything I have is MkIII and my reactor is a Zekti. I believe IIRC valence Fusion has it at max stats as well. I believe all my RJ components are max except my guns. 

My void hole was kinda small and per the mod it states the radius based on level and my mod is max rank as well. In a different mission this dude's void homes were absolutely humongous! Or maybe it's a different ability? 

Ok...mental note to put photor on the pilot gun (I assume that is the first(top) of the three guns listed in plexus?). Then double check my mod levels and shatterbust and seeker volley. Then set my WF for energy. Then go to the void proxima to try again...thanks everyone 

Hello.

So to clarify which shields are you talking about? Some enemy crew ships have regular blue shields that just take damage from any source, and so whittling them just makes destroying them with Forward Artillery easier, but its also not necessary if your Forward Artillery does more than their health/shields. However certain higher levelled Crew Ships, of both Corpus and Grineer variety, have additional shields/barriers that prevent any damage to them. One of the Corpus type will move to face you etc, the Grineer type has an orange glow (Skold Crewship). These types can either have nodes that stick out that you can destroy with Turrets (the Grineer crew ships) or you can use Ordnance, or some types of Turrets can bypass them as well. It can depend on the type of Crew Ship, but with time and experience you start to recognise how to deal with each. 

Looking out for exposed nodes or damage number indicators (am I doing zero damage? Then don't shoot that part, am I doing damage to this one small node? Probably a weak point). 

I don't use these personally so this isn't first hand experience, but apparently Shatter Burst's area of effect, the Photor' and Galvarc can bypass the shields/barriers. I usually just manually aim for the nodules. 

Voidhole and other offensive Powers and Abilities are determined by their rank, but also what Reactor you use. So someone with a MK III Zekti Reactor will have a larger and stronger Voidhole than someone with a MK I reactor. I can't remember exactly but I think a MK III Zekti gives like... 40% or 60% greater range and strength? At max stats (40$ Range and 60% strength)

I think there is a mod that increases Dome Charges? Though yeah, when you craft more, for that mission, and any after until you return to dojo, your overall max will increase. So if you do a few different Railjack missions, you can sit comfortably with extra. Not a bad idea if you are solo to manually craft and prioritise making Dome charges so you can get the additional benefit. A few of the different Forge options can have some semi permanent upgrades (until you return to Dojo) which can be great.incentivise multiple missions. There is also a Mod Artillery Cheap Shot which is RNG but can technically give you more free shots as well. I personally find it useful. 

Blackout Pulse is basically an EMP. At first it can seem like it doesn't really do much, but I personally find it great against Crew ships, especially if you are dealing with multiple. If you hit a Crew Ship with it, you basically turn it off for a bit. If two Crew Ships are close, you can hit both. Can give you time to destroy the engines or line up a Forward Artillery shot. Or temporarily ignore it to destroy a different Crew Ship. It doesn't really have any flashy visual effects, it just turns off enemies. You can probably use it against smaller Enemy Fighters too maybe? I personally just use them for Crew Ships as smaller enemy fighters die too fast. 

Not sure about the lack of Join Crew options? Maybe you set to solo or invite or something like that? Really not sure. 

Max count increase by 1 every time you craft them. Not sure, but maybe they reset when you return to dojo.

Photor can bypass shields.

You shot a thing that explode on contact or when you recast the ability. Everything inside the explosion range will be disabled/frozen for some time.

Hello @(XBOX)Player244024418,

Crewship Shield need Ordnances (x1...3 shots) to be disable. The 3 Ordnances are :

• Galvarc : Mid range, does lowest damage.
  • Tycho seeker / Missile : Usefull at long range once target is locked. Reload is very long.
  • Milati / : Usefull at very close range. Does the highest damage 25% more than Tycho.

By experience, Tycho Seeker missile are the best when SOLO because you can shoot from very afar. In team 2/3 Seeker Missiles usually does the job (but you need coordination or discord :p).

Blackout pulse is IEM, it disable ship and fighters : Ideal to gain time when waiting of tycho seeker to reload OR using switching to tunguska when solo. Edit add : /!\ Activate on hitting ship or using the ability button again (double click to use it around you) /!\ .

Dome charge : You do not need a lot because when you forge them you gain one additional so 2 base + 4 forge = 6 Dome at the start of mission, this tactic pair well with Battle Forge's Tactical mod. Better is to use the mods that give you 60% of free shot ( Artillery Cheap Shot).

For the fastest run, I Equip : Blackout Pulse (IEM to disable/CC), Shatter Burst (AoE / Mining / To pop out Plasma bulb) then Seeker Volley (best vs Fighters).

My tactic is simple : Seeker missile at mid range, Blackout Pulse + shatterburst on crew ship, then seeker volley another Seeker missile if needed.
-To finish the ship, Blackout Pulse to be sure it does not move then go to Tunguska to shot it in side reactor Propulsor.

Also you can use Void Cloak instead of Blackout Pulse to use Tunguska without risking being hit by enemies when solo or with a weak railjack. I recommand Battle Forge for team play/MKIII Railjack instead of Void Cloak.

Archived