Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven - Arca Plasmor

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Ok so to learn a bit more about rivens I just did the tungaluska challenge and got lucky with an Arca plasmor riven (or did I?).

My current setup and the riven are below. The riven disposition is a 1. Not sure what that means but I'll assume it is a "multiplier". So a 1 means these max values are the max. 

Rivens read bottom to top I guess. Multi shot is ok at 46%. Electricity is 37% and my thoughts here are a 60/60 is much better. Magazine is 20% which gives two additional shots not much but a bit helpful. I can remove toxic barrage since my TAP is already toxin, but I'll be swapping 60/60 for 46/37 and MS being 2.1 on my TAP the 46% would yield about 3, an extra shot of damage which would be pretty good (if calculated cumulative on the 2.1).

If I swap HM to VigArm MS increases to 2.7 which 46% would boost MS to 4-ish which is double the current stats but dps would go down vs the original but with VigArm it goes up so the riven seems to boost my TAPs overall fairly well.

Looking at an online riven calculator, it shows the percentage value for these three items all at the top end so that seems good too.

So, my conclusion is I should use this riven and level it up to max. Thoughts?

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

At the end of a mission, if I have time to do it, I'll go to the mission stats and review who did the most damage and kills and look at their load out. I do see this.

accurate

mine does 1.3 million damage and that doesn't even count headshot multipliers or armor weaknesses lmao

btw if your ever struggling with any boss in steel path or anything just use the vectis and its gone lol

riven build

no riven

also if you end up liking it a lot and want a riven, the vectis is one of the few weapons actually worth just buying the god roll because you need all four stats perfect for the true god roll, which would be cd/dmg/elec/-magsize

22 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

btw if your ever struggling with any boss in steel path or anything just use the vectis and its gone lol

Whenever I see assassination for a SP fissure or a sortie with the last one as assassination I employ my Felarx. Usually a one shot at most a few shots. Lephantis was 5-6 shots per head which was the worst, love the felarx! One shots all liches. One shot for shield. One shot for health bar. Super easy sister and kuva farming.

6 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

vectis prime

I've seen this listed in some players' roster. At the end of a mission, if I have time to do it, I'll go to the mission stats and review who did the most damage and kills and look at their load out. I do see this. I don't have it LOL. Another goal I guess! I'll have to check my inventory but I believe I recently went through my foundry to see what I can build and do not have all these components. Thanks. I do like Cedo. Put two or three forma on it this AM and it's cool. Much better than Trumna which has to be charged.

On 2023-01-20 at 3:57 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

So, my conclusion is I should use this riven and level it up to max. Thoughts?

Out of curiousity, do you use Overframe.gg % to determine the usefulness of the mods? May want to tick the Apply Conditionals section first.

On 2023-01-20 at 3:57 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The riven disposition is a 1. Not sure what that means but I'll assume it is a "multiplier". So a 1 means these max values are the max. 

1 is the riven disposition of normal Arca Plasmor, Tenet version has 0,55

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Ok. So vs other stats it's good but in terms of stat combination the riven could be improved. Yes semlar site.

No, vs the other stats it is ranked D (as in 2/5) below average. Although for rivens even average is below average with low disposition.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Understood. The TAP, as someone mentioned is difficult to find a Riven for. However mine does "seem" to improve replacing one of my gold mods with the riven. So far I do like it even though everyone says it's garbage. For my Phage I rolled a 200% CC and 140% electricity (just those two) with a dispo of 5 and I kept that too. I'm just starting rivens so a slight edge is an edge for me. 

Its difficult in the sense the Tenet Arca Plasma it really popular and strong, so if you feel fortunate or lucky for getting one, totally. Its a contender for general all round best shotgun in the game, alongside the Cedo and Felarx. 

To clarify, its important to remember anyone calling it trash, isn't being passive aggressive or personally insulting about it. Weapons with low disposition are generally two different types. Extremely new weapons? All new weapons automatically start off with the lowest Riven disposition. Its why you might see some frustrated complaints whenever there are new Primed weapons, because DE sets them at the lowest, which to some makes having the regular version of the weapon with a Riven better, which seems silly since it makes getting new Primed weapons less exciting. Its a whole other subject. 

The other? Is the games best and most popular weapons. A lot of these weapons, could only have 7 mod slots and still kill effectively in Steel Path. People who are a bit critical are likely just considering the content they play in, and effectiveness VS those enemies. In Warframe, a weapons power can change in different situations, based on enemy levels, their armour etc and the alternative mods they would rather use. Again though, you likely aren't playing the same that they are, so your Riven may be more effective and feel better for the content that you do engage in. Both are totally valid. 

If you aren't aware, the re-roll system doesn't force a change, it gives you the choice between two. So people might also call it trash in the sense they would re-roll it for something better. Your roll could end up with 3 positives and a negative, it could be Multishot, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and a harmless negative, which would boost your MS to being more than Vig Arma, which you may like even more. If not, then you just stick with what you have. 

There are plenty of people who also just like having a riven for their favourite guns, even if they are more side grades, because the weapons are so powerful anyway, it kills enemies the same or faster, so why obsess over the "perfect roll". 

Phage on the other hand, and this will be great for you, as far as understanding Rivens, is a high dispo Riven, so when you roll it, you will see a lot of really high and good stats more frequently. Everything is going to be over 100% plus, some stats might even be in the 200% plus ranges. Plus the Phage is actually pretty decent, its just unpopular, hence its Dispo. 

Hope you have fun with both! 

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I do not. No.

i wouldnt say that you should directly copy overframe builds because most of them are garbage (the top nikana build lmaooo) but it can be a good start to see what a weapon should be modded for

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

It's vaulted and I'm missing the receiver and stock. Bummer...

trade chat or wf market

Useless Riven

Electric stat is highly undesirable.

Switch the order of your Blaze and Toxic Barrage.

so that you end up with Viral + Heat   (as opposed to the Blast + Toxin your currently have)

Electricity has no place in that elemental mix....

Reroll the Riven. to be At Least Usable, one of the stats should be either: Cold, Heat or Toxin. so that it can replace the corresponding mod slot; with ideally 2 other helpful stats

As above person stated:

Switch places of Toxin mod and Blaze. You got currently (cold + heat=blast) + toxin. What you shouold be having is (cold + toxin = viral) + heat 

PS: Unsure what element you got on your plasmor so it may not work. Toxin i guess. I would remove both heat and toxin and slapped Chilling Reload and Shotgun Barrage instead. You will do less damage per shot, but you will have proper element and shot and reload much faster.

The riven is trash. 3 positives with no negative and only good stat (multi). Semlar ranks it at D.

Arca is difficult the get a good riven for. Just because it's a riven does not mean ytou have to use it. As you say, a 60/60 mod is better than that one.

So re-roll, and re-roll and... until you get decent stats, or give up. The popular weapons like the arca are difficult to get good riven stats for. That's by design.

29 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Arca is difficult the get a good riven for

Understood.

29 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

As you say, a 60/60 mod is better than that one

I went to mods and noticed if I maxed it, the percentages were much higher than the splash screen image for some reason. I actually maxed it and swapped Blaze then swapped HM for VA and changed positions bc I did notice the element change I have viral now. It definitely hits harder than before. I get a lot of one shots in SP for the lower level enemies. On Deimos endless excavation the huge brown worms get one shot where they would need like three shots before.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Semlar ranks it at D.

See above. Maybe it's a "D" but I think it has improved my TAP.

Would you mind explaining why a neg is necessary? 

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Would you mind explaining why a neg is necessary? 

Necessary no, but it increases the budget of the positives as shown below:

The actual stat values are randomly chosen between 90% and 110% of the base value, multiplied by the Disposition, and then multiplied by the following value:

Type of Stats Bonus Malus/Negative/Curse
2 Bonus, 0 Malus 0.99 0
2 Bonus, 1 Malus 1.2375 -0.495
3 Bonus, 0 Malus 0.75 0
3 Bonus, 1 Malus 0.9375 -0.75

If it had 2 good stats (cc, cd, multi) and one average (elemental) stat it would be average, but if it had 2 good stats and one average while also having harmless negative that makes it better. With such low dispo you really need to hit those rolls properly as all the normal mods will have much better stat budget.

Archived