Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No way to have soon a crossplay friend list?

(PSN)LTorretta0105

Question

You can invite players from different devices, you can message with them and make a team with them. Why is there no way to add them as a friend?

I met many people who were playing on PC that were giving me advices, but that was it. No way to continue to play with them if you didn't play with them recently or you don't remember their nickname.

Is it not possible to have at the very least a cross play friend list (not even asking for cross play clans) before the cross save?

• Like 3

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, (PSN)LTorretta0105 said:

You can invite players from different devices, you can message with them and make a team with them. Why is there no way to add them as a friend?

I met many people who were playing on PC that were giving me advices, but that was it. No way to continue to play with them if you didn't play with them recently or you don't remember their nickname.

Is it not possible to have at the very least a cross play friend list (not even asking for cross play clans) before the cross save?

The only way to do it currently is if the friends have a Live Account and the Xbox App on Phone.  I don't no much about a PSN account but because Microsoft created Windows and most if not all people who use Windows create a Live Account, most players have a Live account even if they don't play XBox specifically. All Live accounts can see and communicate with each other through the Xbox App via a Mobile App, Windows App, or Xbox directly.  You can add friends that are on the Xbox App on the PC to your Xbox friends list but only manually as you can't search for PC users, at least not yet.  It's not perfect by any means but it does allow me to invite PC friends to join my Squad on Xbox or to a party.  If you use Windows, odds are you already have a Live account that you can use to connect to friends across other platforms and/or consoles, you just need the Xbox Live App on the phone or PC to be able to connect with them.  I think discord is another way to connect but I'm not a fan of it and already have too many social accounts so I don't really use it.  Anyway, until they have something more universal with friends all interconnected across platforms, using Live ( or Discord? ) are the only options I think we have now.

Have a Tau Blessed tomorrow!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

The only way to do it currently is if the friends have a Live Account and the Xbox App on Phone.  I don't no much about a PSN account but because Microsoft created Windows and most if not all people who use Windows create a Live Account, most players have a Live account even if they don't play XBox specifically. All Live accounts can see and communicate with each other through the Xbox App via a Mobile App, Windows App, or Xbox directly.  You can add friends that are on the Xbox App on the PC to your Xbox friends list but only manually as you can't search for PC users, at least not yet.  It's not perfect by any means but it does allow me to invite PC friends to join my Squad on Xbox or to a party.  If you use Windows, odds are you already have a Live account that you can use to connect to friends across other platforms and/or consoles, you just need the Xbox Live App on the phone or PC to be able to connect with them.  I think discord is another way to connect but I'm not a fan of it and already have too many social accounts so I don't really use it.  Anyway, until they have something more universal with friends all interconnected across platforms, using Live ( or Discord? ) are the only options I think we have now.

So you mean that when you send a friend request to someone it goes through the Xbox Live system?

On PlayStation we have that friend list only for ingame, I need to add them twice if I want them as a friend in both ingame and playstation friend list.

But I guess the Live system is actually the one thing that maybe is making cross friend list delayed if I got your explanation right. Cheers

4 hours ago, (PSN)LTorretta0105 said:

So you mean that when you send a friend request to someone it goes through the Xbox Live system?

On PlayStation we have that friend list only for ingame, I need to add them twice if I want them as a friend in both ingame and playstation friend list.

But I guess the Live system is actually the one thing that maybe is making cross friend list delayed if I got your explanation right. Cheers

Here's how it works:

I am on Xbox Console and have a Live Account
My friend is on PC with a Live account.  My friend has installed on his PC the Windows XBox App Which allows him to send party invites and game invites through the Xbox App because we both have Live Accounts. 

Everything has to be through the App because he wont show in my friends list inside the Warframe friends list, only in my Xbox Friends list on the Console itself.

It is not perfect for sure but it does allow us to send game invites and party invites when needed but only through the Xbox App.  If you have a Windows Pc or a Phone anyone can create a Live Acct for free and use the Xbox App.  I don't know what you mean by saying the Live system is making cross friend list delayed? It has to do with Sony and Windows having to come to some type of agreement to allow each others Networks to speak to each other and that isn't an easy task, more so because of Politics and less because of the Technical issues. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Here's how it works:

I am on Xbox Console and have a Live Account
My friend is on PC with a Live account.  My friend has installed on his PC the Windows XBox App Which allows him to send party invites and game invites through the Xbox App because we both have Live Accounts. 

Everything has to be through the App because he wont show in my friends list inside the Warframe friends list, only in my Xbox Friends list on the Console itself.

It is not perfect for sure but it does allow us to send game invites and party invites when needed but only through the Xbox App.  If you have a Windows Pc or a Phone anyone can create a Live Acct for free and use the Xbox App.  I don't know what you mean by saying the Live system is making cross friend list delayed? It has to do with Sony and Windows having to come to some type of agreement to allow each others Networks to speak to each other and that isn't an easy task, more so because of Politics and less because of the Technical issues. 

From my perspective, Xbox and Windows have this unique way to send invites.

It happens sometimes on PlayStation too that when you invite someone, you are actually sending them an invite through the Playstation system, but not in this case.

We are exclusively sending friend request, invitations and other things through only Warframe. Moreover, I don't think I have ever played with someone from Xbox or Windows.

I think those that are playing Warframe on PC that I ve met they are playing through steam or something else. I know that windows players have the windows icon, while for us PC players have a different icon, like an exagon chain or whatever.

The point is for us PlayStation players and PC players when we are inviting someone or sending a friend request, we are not adding them through Steam or PlayStation or whatever else is the launcher, but we are adding them on a separate friend list, exclusive for the game.

There should not be any issue in that part, cause if you can simply invite them on your team, why is it an issue to add them in your friend list? It is not related(directly) to the device we are using, it is ingame only.

In your case, windows and the whole Live system, if I didn't misunderstand, makes it so that if you are inviting someone or adding them from your friend list, you are adding them outside the game, not inside.

I want them making possible to add whoever I can play with in my friend list, so I can chat with them whenever I want and play with them whatever I want

All these long answers about keeping track of people outside the game. That wasn't the question asked.

The TL:DR is no, you cannot add friends in game across platforms yet.

You can message, play missions, view profiles (for the most part, stats don't work across), and ignore people across platforms.

You cannot friend, trade, or join dojos across platforms. I'm pretty sure that if you're in a mixed squad and someone chooses to go to a dojo from another platform it will drop you as well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

All these long answers about keeping track of people outside the game. That wasn't the question asked.

The TL:DR is no, you cannot add friends in game across platforms yet.

You can message, play missions, view profiles (for the most part, stats don't work across), and ignore people across platforms.

You cannot friend, trade, or join dojos across platforms. I'm pretty sure that if you're in a mixed squad and someone chooses to go to a dojo from another platform it will drop you as well.

Thanks for the reply, but it is not what I asked. I was curious about why it is still not available to add a friend crossplay while you can invite them and stuff. Same thing for the clan thing. About trading it is a different matter due to how the market works differently from each device.

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, (PSN)LTorretta0105 a dit :

Thanks for the reply, but it is not what I asked. I was curious about why it is still not available to add a friend crossplay while you can invite them and stuff. Same thing for the clan thing. About trading it is a different matter due to how the market works differently from each device.

Why ? We don't know, but there are two things we know : they are working on it (already announced) and it will be there soon ("soon is eternal" - Rebecca).

They are also currently working on voice chat, clans and trades.

Edited by (NSW)AegisFifi
  • Like 3