Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increasing solo spawn rates

MurasakiLio

The spawn rates in solo missions are lackluster for a bunch of situations, like farming for items dropped by enemies, sustaining excavators power cells, survival life support, you name it, i have problems farming things when i can't find a party dedicated to that, and it's a pain, an option to increase spawn rates would be nice, like, alarms in missions, or beacons in open world, some kind of bait for infested in deimos, even a checkbox before missions, whatever, but to keep the rates high, with the current power creep we can take on a 4 squad spawn rate while alone easily, but maybe not in steel path were the enemies are bullet sponges and sincerely a way to increase enemy activity in missions and open world would be nice, sometimes waiting for the 5 guys that can spawn at once to respawn after one tapping them is boring

1 hour ago, MurasakiLio said:

The spawn rates in solo missions are lackluster...

I agree. And not only that, the current system is punishing players for playing solo or in tandem (you get full spawns with 3 squad members). If you are gathering resources (which we all do for part of the game), you actually have to use more time as a solo player due to a smaller number of enemies spawning (also most mission go a bit slower, but that part is on you for selecting the solo option).

I can understand where it is coming from, but I think Warframe would be fairer and a better game if there was a "get the full experience"-option also for solo/tandem players.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

You should try Steel Path. The spawns are cranked up to max.

It will also be a lot less boring since you likely won't be able to 1tap them.

OP literally states:

2 hours ago, MurasakiLio said:

but maybe not in steel path were the enemies are bullet sponges

4 hours ago, MurasakiLio said:

The spawn rates in solo missions are lackluster for a bunch of situations, like farming for items dropped by enemies, sustaining excavators power cells, survival life support, you name it, i have problems farming things when i can't find a party dedicated to that, and it's a pain, an option to increase spawn rates would be nice, like, alarms in missions, or beacons in open world, some kind of bait for infested in deimos, even a checkbox before missions, whatever, but to keep the rates high, with the current power creep we can take on a 4 squad spawn rate while alone easily, but maybe not in steel path were the enemies are bullet sponges and sincerely a way to increase enemy activity in missions and open world would be nice, sometimes waiting for the 5 guys that can spawn at once to respawn after one tapping them is boring

Now that crossplay is here, i run into the issue less but yes its by all means still an issue for reasons listed.

This topic has been repeated so many times over the years, even ive had a post on it, and theres been no change, only steelpath, which hints that the change we all desire may be so complicated that DE has to create a new game mode for it. Whether or not its beneficial enough for them to go through the effort to create such a mode again, but one that is easy, i do not know. I find it doubtful though, as it makes sense to try and build to make steelpath easy enough to effortlessly walk through, than for DE to spend more on making a whole nother mode. 

Of course doing so makes people cry that difficulty is being removed from steelpath, yet, DE stated that Steelpath wasnt ment for difficulty anyways so meh.

Id much rather DE explore Dragon Keys as a way to create difficulty anyways. The system the Dragon keys use is "Carrying this object = weaker warframe for a chance to get great rewards". Back in the day, it worked as an excellent way of setting the game to SteelPath difficulty. Everything could 1 shot you, and your damage was horrid, making everything a bullet sponge. But it was worth the challenge cause Blind Rage is AMAZING and so is Overextended and Fleeting Expertise.

Excellent game design for creating difficulty option.

That should have been expanded upon. Instead of just Void Dragon Keys, give us other things to carry for the similar outcomes. A Cursed Lantern that collects souls of defeated enemies, with a percent chance to grant those carrying it a reward once the lantern collects enough souls. The more players carrying one, the higher the reward chance. Players who arent carrying a lantern cannot add souls to yours, and weaken the chance of a reward per player without a lantern in your squad. The cursed lantern randomizes negative effects on the player every 5 minutes, and needs an 30minutes to recharge after a mission (to discourage players from trying to leave an rejoin the mission just to get a different negative effect). Lanterns can come with different severities of negative effects, some a light -15% damage, others a hefty -75% damage or -25 energy every 5 seconds.

Creates replayability, is cheap to create, and you dont have to add it to game modes like they had to with Void fissures that needed to be added to steel path. We can carry gear items anywhere we please, which means we can even affect the diffculty of quest we go on.

Archived