Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cryotic is absolutely miserable to farm

Boopity52

I'm building Trinity Prime at the moment. For her systems, I need 9 thousand Cryotic. That's 90 excavations. 90 excavations.

Why is Cryotic the only resource that doesn't increase drop rates as the missions get harder?

The game has this issue with Excavation missions where everyone will just go to Earth or Venus to do them, because there's no real incentive to go to higher level Excavations.

Want relics or endo? Survival or defense. Want any other resource on earth? Survival or defense. People have no reason to go to excavations on higher levels because the only thing exclusive to this game mode, is Cryotic. Which due to not scaling with the game as a whole, it's always stuck at a 100 drop per excavation, so people have no reason to go through a lvl 40 excavation, if they can do a lvl 2 and get the same thing.

Increasing the drop rates of Cryotic the higher lvl the mission is (like, even something small like +50 cryotic every 10 lvls) would give an incentive for people to actually do said missions; while in the process not making me feel like this on my 34th excavation on Venus for those god forsaken systems:

f07.png

please DE I'm begging y'all

Hit on most of the points, here are some of my own:

Solo spawn rates. Trying to utilize the fissure resource booster during Cryotic farming was a strat I attempted to utilize but nobody wants to do long form sessions so you are stuck with solo spawn rates. In which also means you are sometimes going minutes between seeing progress on a single excavator since the power cells require a specific enemy to drop it. Or you can go steel path to force squad spawn rates but you are getting screwed over by the level increase which doesn't work for the reasons below.

Mobile Defense lite-Even if you don't get screwed over by solo spawn rates the Mobile Defense aspect of excavation is so mind numbingly boring. This is ultimately what made me drop Khora CCage since that was all you needed to do and just became boring.

Special missions, for some reason you need a whopping 500 cryotic when it is shown up during sortie-level and murmur missions. 500 is absurd, normally "endless" special missions are at most one or two rotations here it is over that.

No proper level scaling, alright this one has been "addressed" by DE but still it is annoying both from a rewards and EHP standpoint. If the rot rewards aren't going to scale with level then at least make the EHP scale or vice versa.

Lack of mission identity, luckily I got most of my cryotic from murmur missions. With the other acceptable method I used for farming being (SP) Tikal which is infested Earth and the only node with infested controlled! I personally did SP Tikal but that is likely not an option for many people likewise fissure excavation isn't either since solo spawn rates. So the already limited nodes is further limited by which missions are efficient. Want to farm polymer bundles at the same time? Well sucks for you since there is no excavation mission available.

Yea the cryotic situation should be fixed by reducing costs. I have lots of cryotic I built up over time, but trying to get there is hell, I was helping a clan member grind ir up for awhile and it took a good chunk of time. Also the cost for using cryotic at the helminth is fairly punitive, as well

Cryotic is affected by both resource boosters and Smeeta Charm, but even with those the quantities you get are only borderline tolerable.

I swear the solo spawn rate problem is even worse if you use frames like Frost or Gara, which you're likely to use due to the nature of the mission. I think their lingering defensive abilities break enemy pathing or something. Multiple times, I've found large groups of enemies waiting around a leftover Snow Globe while waiting minutes for a single power carrier to show up at the current excavator.

Loosely related, but Excavation missions for Archon Hunts are awful. I'm not sure if this is just a Nintendo Switch problem or not, but the addition of Sentient enemies lowers the already abysmal span rate of the Power Carriers. I've found it to be more efficient to just put a lot of sprint speed on and run to each Excavator as soon as they become available. I've literally sat defending a sight for 10 minutes without a single Power Carrier coming by.

Also, speaking of Archon Hunts and Cryotic, I'm constantly nervous whenever I'm trying to increase Bile on the Helminth because it's way too easy to accidentally spend 3000 Cryotic while trading out Archon Shards.

Independent of any criticisms which are fair and valid and also prone to being relatively subjective. For any that may be looking to getting a lot of Cryotic... They do stack with boosters, we are getting a x2 Resource weekend in a few weeks, so will have two resource boosters that will stack. Whilst there may not be any direct incentives for harder missions, Hieracon on Pluto is a decent source of Relics, including Axi. Its also Infested as well, which can be an easier faction to deal with, less long range options, certain Warframes with certain CC techniques can be quite powerful (Vauban, Khora, etc). 

Could be a good opportunity to prepare for. You know, work smarter not harder and all that (get Cryotic four times as fast and get a bunch of Relics too). Plus if you are practiced and decent, it can be a fast game mode too, like if you can solo protect two Excavators at once. 

Archived