Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP has potential

Zakaveus

Im coming from a game Like WoW that had very different pve and pvp experiences and is successful in doing it.  And looking at warframe, I am confident there is a way to vamp up the pvp experience.  I hope that this happens one day.  There is so much untapped potential.  

Idk

4v4 seems chaotic but,

2v2 arena.  Skill ratings.  Pvp only gear.  Seperate it all.  Rework the rewards.  Adjust certain mobility and things to pvp only variants.   

It could work.  Idk <3

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (NSW)Zakaveus said:

Im coming from a game Like WoW that had very different pve and pvp experiences and is successful in doing it.  And looking at warframe, I am confident there is a way to vamp up the pvp experience.  I hope that this happens one day.  There is so much untapped potential.  

Idk

4v4 seems chaotic but,

2v2 arena.  Skill ratings.  Pvp only gear.  Seperate it all.  Rework the rewards.  Adjust certain mobility and things to pvp only variants.   

It could work.  Idk <3

ew no. Play WoW if you want that watered down garbage for PvP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Zakaveus said:

What I'm saying is if they found a way to make it work.  Pvp with this kind of combat system would be top notch

Yea, I disagree. I don't want WoW PvP that De has "found a way to make work." I'm not playing WoW, nor do I want to.

• Like 1

I did not say make it like wow.  I simply said that wow had found a way to seperate and make successful both a pve and pvp side to there content.

Edited by (NSW)Zakaveus

The problem is that making a good PvP experience requires you to basically "redo" everything in order to achieve proper balance, and even then that is hard. Which leads to the next problem of resource management, as dedicating staff to PvP takes away resources from other areas (or they need to hire more, which also increases cost), so in the end it can be summed up to, do they chose to spend time on stuff that makes them a return or spend time on something that will take a lot of time before it starts to get a return.

Sure, it can work, but the ROI is way worse than focusing on the mainline updates. PvP has never really been balanced as it is a nightmare to get right, just look at how hard it is for Bungie with Destiny 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Zakaveus said:

True, and I can understand that.  We can only hope that one day they have the capital to do so someday!  Even in the state it is in now I still have fun messing around in pvp.

It's not really about the capital. The point of a business is to generate profits. How worthwhile a business venture is—the profits it can generate—can be calculated via (expected revenues) / (projected risk) - (expenses). The riskier a venture, the less likely it'll generate profit, and so the less worthwhile it is to do.

With that said, there's an alternative "shotgun" approach, where you just chuck cheap ideas out into the public and see what sticks. This isn't done often because starting up any venture is a lot of work. But in the context of a video game mode, it's a lot easier to do. Flappy Zephyr, Wyrmius, Shawzin, Lunaro—they're all random start-up ideas that can be done on the cheap. Some of them have stuck and have been expanded, dropping almost all the risk and boosting revenues. Others haven't, but they're so low-cost it's hardly worth a footnote in a ledger. That's why much of my feedback on ideas like this thread focus on the costs. PvP doesn't have a great reputation in Warframe, so any idea is going to come with high risk. But that's not as big of a deal if it costs pennies to try.

See, also, why I've advocated for bringing back variant modes, and other goofy-ish, low-cost PvP takes. They probably won't work, but they're low-cost, and if one of them happens to land, hey hey hey.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-05-01 at 9:01 PM, Zakaveus said:

I did not say make it like wow.  I simply said that wow had found a way to seperate and make successful both a pve and pvp side to there content.

Welcome to the Warframe bubble where pve purist forum dwellers get narrow minded and lose any bit of reason once pvp is mentioned. Don't expect them to join a constructive conversation, they're here to make their disliking of pvp vocal for the Xs time, year for year.

On 2023-05-01 at 8:33 PM, Zakaveus said:

DE did that already when they disconnected the pvp system from the star chart. Development was slow due to not many dev(s) being involved, but stable and heading towards the right direction.

But then (pre PoE launch) the content-draught-nation attacked and the dev(s) got drawn elsewhere and never returned... leaving the roadmap unchecked.

What we have now is half a decade of dev neglect with very rare damage control patches. At least now we're the closest to the original iteration (which still had dev support) since PoE launch.

The problems Conclave has these days are that DE neglected it long enough that the playerbase shrinked to a critically small amount and DE sees no RoI with it anymore so they leave it be and have no clue/plans about what to do with it.

• Like 2

I also agree that improving the pvp scene of this game would be a great idea. While I understand this game is a really a pure looter shooter at heart and its main goal is great pve contant. I still fell like pvp would be something amazing in this game. 

• Like 1

On 2023-06-28 at 9:18 PM, C-Joe5 said:

I also agree that improving the pvp scene of this game would be a great idea. While I understand this game is a really a pure looter shooter at heart and its main goal is great pve contant. I still fell like pvp would be something amazing in this game. 

Yea pvp is amazing in this game I'm all for improving it. Depending on what your idea of improving it is ofc. 

• Like 1

On 2023-06-24 at 6:50 PM, Loxyen said:

Welcome to the Warframe bubble where pve purist forum dwellers get narrow minded and lose any bit of reason once pvp is mentioned. Don't expect them to join a constructive conversation, they're here to make their disliking of pvp vocal for the Xs time, year for year.

Umm, I play Conclave. Your response to someone responding to me as if I don't play Conclave means you might want to check my profile in game. ;) My favorite PvP of all time was actually ESO, (not the game mode, the game,) But can you imagine if DE made content that was open PvP, an entire open world with a server? I mean in theory that would be heavenly, but oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from most players. It wouldn't stay PvP long.

I just don't think it's actually helpful to compare to other games with PvP in this case,

On 2023-05-01 at 2:01 PM, Zakaveus said:

FFXIV did PvP better cause they go "here's your PvP skills and your stats" and completely removed gearing from the equation.  If DE did that, they might have a hope at balancing it... but as it stands right now, it's a complete cluster and tbh, it has never really been worth the effort.  IMO DE should just open up the rewards for anyone to be able to purchase from Tenshin and throw in the towel.