Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is no one talking about Khora?

Learicorn

7 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It’s not. I played her again pretty recently (no major updates since), and using her whipclaw is like rolling dice. It’s wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it hits what it should. Sometimes it just doesn’t. It’s not apparent to the player why this is, though I assume there are hidden pieces of level geometry that are blocking or absorbing the attack, or that it’s poorly programmed and inadequately tested. 

I’ve written her off for now. She carried me through the Steel Path star chart when it launched, but that was before the LoS nerf.

Could you record some examples? I'm happy to reopen my crusade if it's still super busted.

I found in Steel Circuit that using Vazarin's grouping ability really helps with this issue. 

Turns out, Vazarin's 2 is a stronger pull than Khora's Strangledome. It rips the enemies down to the ground in clumps to be destroyed. Doesn't totally "fix" things but it can get the kills you need in case the Khora you're with can't kill them. 

(Which is pretty likely in Steel Circuit because what are the odds you rolled a decent a stat stick and Khora?)

Edited by Enexemander

On 2023-06-07 at 2:34 PM, ant99999 said:

Especially when a CC frame and one of those "hit me harder" frames like Harrow come together - that's just perfect anti-synergy. Anyone tries to play as their frame design suggests - everyone loses.

Little bit late to this and while yes this is a huge problem, thankfully there's a few work-arounds depending on the map since environmental damage DOES seem to contribute to Thurible and I believe Covenant as well.

Not a perfect solution obviously but it can make Harrow's life a little easier, 'least.

On 2023-06-10 at 1:36 AM, Mieo_Mio said:

Yeah, why is no one talking about Saryn,...  A good Saryn player (non 4 spammer) is about 1 in 400. Those players are far, far more irritating than anything Khora could dish out.

Saryn doesn't displace enemies though, she's all damage and the corrosive and viral procs make enemies easier to kill. I like getting Saryns on defense because they make the mission go faster unlike Khora who will just fling enemies into obscure places or ridiculous speeds that we can't track

I don't get the issue here? 

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Learicorn said:

Saryn doesn't displace enemies though, she's all damage and the corrosive and viral procs make enemies easier to kill

Probably complaining about everything being dead and nothing to shoot at? Idk only complaint I can think of.

On 2023-06-07 at 4:10 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Unless it's a particularly bad map for enemies getting snagged behind things and nobody on the team has any abilities or AOE that can hit something stuck around a corner, what's the problem?

Circuit Steel Path. This had me learn how annoying a Vauban can be. 

Sounds to me to be more of an issue with the Khora player not knowing how to build or play her. Or is using an incorrectly built stat stick.

When I use Khora, the moment an enemy gets caught in the Strangledome, they're dead within a second. Don't blame her mechanics on sheer player incompetence.

17 hours ago, Learicorn said:

Saryn doesn't displace enemies though, she's all damage and the corrosive and viral procs make enemies easier to kill

If you don't get the issue, I'm wasting my time with you.