The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs actual endgame content.

4thBro

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

well if we are to impliment a new mode to make difficult content I'm not sure if it's also just as easy as making enemies tankier. Probably need better forms of punishing the player for poor movement or positioning similar to what the trials did.

The main thing that made Warframe of the past difficult was energy management.
We just had normal flow and streamline.
Trinity and Frost were like staples for any difficult content.
Arcane Energize is what started to destroy the game and the actual teamplay.
You could also argue it was maybe when Nova and Vauban were released as well.
I love "caster" frames, but I have to acknowledge where the start of the decline was.

Doing the highest level content solo used to be solid flex and now its just expected

9 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

English is not my first language and pointless arguing is a great way to practice grammar and vocabulary, but otherwise I want only a civil and constructive discussion.

I stand my ground. It's strange that many people take this up to the heart about a video game as if where insulting someone. I have my takes about the game. That is it.  

1 minute ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I love "caster" frames, but I have to acknowledge where the start of the decline was.

Doing the highest level content solo used to be solid flex and now its just expected

In my PS4 account Felsager, I use a lot Trinity. Now she seems not to be needed for Eidolons. The meta changed a lot. I had fun with that. Looks like I can migrate my PS4 account to PC or do some cross saves. I hope cross saves works. Seems like a good idea. 

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

This is a good attempt that I can agree with 100 percent. I would take this as a positive. The team play is what makes me return to this game because in a way it's sort of an endgame where I can share my builds, learn few tricks and understand the mechanics. 

I feel you. I often wish more players were bringing alternative builds and loadouts to a fight, since the game is designed with so much room for it; even notions like how damage is done can be alternative, with some players potentially doing things like using one set of elemental damage types to deal with one type of enemy, and others going alternative elemental damage types to deal with different enemies in the same mission.

We get a lot of ways to approach the same missions and a bonkers amount of capability to alter fundamental aspects of our gameplay, and while overkill at cost to build and playstyle variety is popular, I can only imagine what it’d be like to fight alongside others who are built differently for different roles even if they’re potentially using the same gear (I already like considering elemental damage first when considering what to bring and how to build if I need to build for it to help give my primary, secondary, melee, and abilities roles to fulfill while in solo and wonder how it would scale to being spread across a whole team, and that’s before considering things like weapon type)

I get though that not everyone wants to deal with relying on teammates, hence the preference for a filter

7 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

For sure. It's a catch-22. People enjoy the powercreep and the game has always been laid back, but there is a point of no return when it comes to balancing this game that we are long past now. It's hard to remember this when giving feedback. We are laser focused on current content and what DE can do to build upon updates, but we're often omitting the years of decisions leading up to now which has resulted in a game that is borderline a clicker/AFK farm game depending on who you ask and what their aspirations are with their account and play time.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I feel you. I often wish more players were bringing alternative builds and loadouts to a fight, since the game is designed with so much room for it; even notions like how damage is done can be alternative, with some players potentially doing things like using one set of elemental damage types to deal with one type of enemy, and others going alternative elemental damage types to deal with different enemies in the same mission.

We get a lot of ways to approach the same missions and a bonkers amount of capability to alter fundamental aspects of our gameplay, and while overkill at cost to build and playstyle variety is popular, I can only imagine what it’d be like to fight alongside others who are built differently for different roles even if they’re using the same gear (I already like considering elemental damage first when considering what to bring and how to build if I need to build for it to help give my primary, secondary, melee, and abilities roles to fulfill while in solo and wonder how it would scale to being spread across a whole team, and that’s before considering things like weapon type)

The only thing that makes me returns is that warframe is a social game where people can share builds. This is the best feature the game has but even in my clan I don't see that enthusiasm anymore. I know we have youtube but the interaction between players is very important. Now that the game can be solo'ed, people don't see the relevance of playing with other users who perceive the game with almost an opposite point of view. This is a game that most work with team effort on certain missions. This game was very interesting when players had to do their part for the completion of the mission. Now one frame with a good build can solo almost everything. The player is not encourage to play together and have fun together. 

Yes, there are tons of solutions to play this game. I see this game as a practice for gameplay styles and my daily aim trainer. This is why I focus on sniper weapons, and precision weapons. My aim was bad. With this game it improved. I think this is why I stay in the game sporadically. There are great things in it but on the other part I feel frustrated when the developer revert their decisions and deviate themselves from the warframe. There are great things on the warframes that needs to be explored. 

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

For sure. It's a catch-22. People enjoy the powercreep and the game has always been laid back, but there is a point of no return when it comes to balancing this game that we are long past now. It's hard to remember this when giving feedback. We are laser focused on current content and what DE can do to build upon updates, but we're often omitting the years of decisions leading up to now which has resulted in a game that is borderline a clicker/AFK farm game depending on who you ask and what their aspirations are with their account and play time.

I can't disagree with this. 

I am not sure if DE staff had internal changes because I feel somehow that this game changes drastically each two to three years. Maybe this is my perception but I see a lot of changes that confuses me. I sometimes tend to think that designers are changed each two years. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I perceive. 

21 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The enemy needs to be more aggressive with better weapons. Tankier, in my opinion is not the solution for endgame content. If the enemy is aggressive enough and organized I would not say a word about the game. This is exactly what I'm looking for. This increases immersion and authenticity. 

In Warframe we abuse the enemy all the time. I think it should be a 50/50 where the enemy can hurt us and we can hurt them. 

I completely agree and I think that archons are the nail in the coffin for the theory of "make enemies harder to kill."

Yeah, maybe more of updating the AI instead of having them run into walls. 

In level cap content the latter is true in terms of damage scaling. But overall I think that, could just be me, the solution is to incentivize strategy over elimination.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I do recall this being a thing and it's a shame that isn't the case anymore.

People used to think about the frames they brought. Now they just expect one frame to do everything.

I think that the game started becoming a power creep when elements got reworked. before then, armor scaling was more punishing, shield gating wasn't a thing, people would think about what they ran elemental wise (like gas or corrosive or even magnetic at times) because enemy ehp scaled so high it actually made a difference.

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The only thing that makes me returns is that warframe is a social game where people can share builds. This is the best feature the game has but even in my clan I don't see that enthusiasm anymore. I know we have youtube but the interaction between players is very important. Now that the game can be solo'ed, people don't see the relevance of playing with other users who perceive the game with almost an opposite point of view. This is a game that most work with team effort on certain missions. This game was very interesting when players had to do their part for the completion of the mission. Now one frame with a good build can solo almost everything. The player is not encourage to play together and have fun together. 

Yes, there are tons of solutions to play this game. I see this game as a practice for gameplay styles and my daily aim trainer. This is why I focus on sniper weapons, and precision weapons. My aim was bad. With this game it improved. I think this is why I stay in the game sporadically. There are great things in it but on the other part I feel frustrated when the developer revert their decisions and deviate themselves from the warframe. There are great things on the warframes that needs to be explored. 

It’s not necessarily a bad thing that the game is more accessible, and we’re still stuck with things like limited slots where if we want to customise our gear and gameplay, we’re going to have to sacrifice damage and survival mods, and vice-versa. The game always only ever had missions of various levels designed around X amounts of damage and survival, because our damage and survival would shift depending on how we built and things like what schools were used and would influence where we can take the result; it’s not like players weren’t already sacrificing build and playstyle variety long ago to take a few highest-level builds everywhere, so the current form of the game isn’t anything particularly different from a fundamental player mentality perspective. And the extra power is exactly how we can do things like turning a Lato into a primary or never running out of energy, things which facilitate (as options instead of requirements) gameplay that we could only dream about in other games because other games don’t let us get away with such nonsense specifically because it makes for broken gameplay, and even then Warframe doesn’t force us down a certain route like plenty of games with stat-based levels that have to do a New Game+ just to give us a chance to use the toys we earned along the way against enemies that can handle it (the new toys in Warframe’s case being the new mods, weapons, Warframes, and general ways to build and play we earn while playing)

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

I completely agree and I think that archons are the nail in the coffin for the theory of "make enemies harder to kill."

In level cap content the latter is true in terms of damage scaling. But overall I think that, could just be me, the solution is to incentivize strategy over elimination.

If I don't remember well, one of the members mentioned that the game Warframe should be about speed and mobility. Strategy is great but it is seen as a preparation on the mods, selection of frame and weapons. It doesn't happen in the field. I know that Arma III is a different ball game but such game is based on pure strategy. Some players here in Warframe uses encampments but that is rarely used these days like those gun turrets and ancient healers. 

Nevertheless, Warframe has strategic elements but not everybody uses them. That's the good thing about a game that is so broad and general. The AI is a problem that can be solved like everything else in this game. With few adjustments on the enemy like the carriage of three weapons or two, shields and better path awareness can make the enemy a real threat. Yes, warframe can win battles but all the time abusing the enemy somehow feels fictitious. Warframes are like the classical squad of hit and run like "ninja teams". This is my perception of course. 

We can run the mill and go all gun blazing but at certain point the enemy must say "enough of the abuse". We are going to make the Warframe run. This is what many of us are looking for. 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Both "make enemies harder to kill" and "updating the AI" are nonsense ideas. The only good solution is mechanics. 

Orowyrm bossfight is a great example of a perfect bossfight. Even if you have a weapon that can one shot the rings. You still have mechanics that you have to overcome. Pathos valves, wyrmlings, flying on kaith, etc. DE know this is a great design and they know how to do it (Jackal, Void Angels, Profit taker, Exploiter, etc.) It's ok to allow players to one shot a portion of bosses health (if they can do it) but the mechanics must interfere.

With Archon hunts they unfortunatelly didn't have the time, because making a boss fight like that take a lot of time. So they simply decided to do it with the DA, which is horrible. The fix seems easy. Divide Archons health into 6 parts. Three to destroy in first arena, the other three in the second. Give each health bar a damage gate and interupt the fight by mechanics that are alraedy present. Sure, it seems simple, but it takes time. Hopefully they find a time and revisit this content.

And AI. Better AI would just mean that the enemies should run away, which is a stupid idea.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

I do recall this being a thing and it's a shame that isn't the case anymore.

People used to think about the frames they brought. Now they just expect one frame to do everything.

I think that the game started becoming a power creep when elements got reworked. before then, armor scaling was more punishing, shield gating wasn't a thing, people would think about what they ran elemental wise (like gas or corrosive or even magnetic at times) because enemy ehp scaled so high it actually made a difference.

Man i hate shield gating with a passion.
Its really annoying trying to see if there's any interesting builds aside from my own online and its like always: Brief Respite + Decaying Key + Agur Mod + Rolling Guard + Primed Sure Footed.
I refuse to use any of it lol.

Going into operator is already broken enough how do people need more than that

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

It’s not necessarily a bad thing that the game is more accessible. 

Yes, but making it accessible the game doesn't mean the exclusion of challenge. Good alternatives should be available. 

Remember not all casual gamers remains casual. Some "of these recruits" stay in the game expecting more. 

9k.png

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Oh man I absolutely loved the shield guy with the tonkor that used to knock you down and oneshot blast you in the face.
I feared that grineer.
Then they nerfed him and added in shield gating which ruined it completely.

3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

The only good solution is mechanics. 

There are more options than just mechanics. 

Orowyrm bossfight is a great example of a perfect bossfight. Even if you have a weapon that can one shot the rings. You still have mechanics that you have to overcome. Pathos valves, wyrmlings, flying on kaith, etc. DE know this is a great design and they know how to do it (Jackal, Void Angels, Profit taker, Exploiter, etc.) It's ok to allow players to one shot a portion of bosses health (if they can do it) but the mechanics must interfere.

Completely agree there. The Shadows of the Colossus approach is a welcome in my book. I like this type of mechanics. 

And AI. Better AI would just mean that the enemies should run away, which is a stupid idea.

Runnin away of course is not a good idea but, enemy should simply preserve their lives. They don't have to be kamikaze all the time. They throw their lives away as cannon fodder. The enemy should have a sense of preservation. 

1. Both "make enemies harder to kill" and "updating the AI" are nonsense ideas. The only good solution is mechanics. 

2. Orowyrm bossfight is a great example of a perfect bossfight. Even if you have a weapon that can one shot the rings. You still have mechanics that you have to overcome. Pathos valves, wyrmlings, flying on kaith, etc. DE know this is a great design and they know how to do it (Jackal, Void Angels, Profit taker, Exploiter, etc.) It's ok to allow players to one shot a portion of bosses health (if they can do it) but the mechanics must interfere.

3. With Archon hunts they unfortunatelly didn't have the time, because making a boss fight like that take a lot of time. So they simply decided to do it with the DA, which is horrible. The fix seems easy. Divide Archons health into 6 parts. Three to destroy in first arena, the other three in the second. Give each health bar a damage gate and interupt the fight by mechanics that are alraedy present. Sure, it seems simple, but it takes time. Hopefully they find a time and revisit this content.

4. And AI. Better AI would just mean that the enemies should run away, which is a stupid idea.

1. okay so some actual examples thankfully.

2. the mechanics interfere because we can one shot. In general I'm not focused on boss fights I'm focused on general gameplay. The oroworm is one part of the game,

3. No, just that they didn't know how to make them difficult without nerfing the player. DE Pablo said himself in an interview that "it is sometimes hard to find...a balance between the power fantasy and the difficulty side of the game." nothing more than thaat.

4. No, you're forcing that idea on me then proceeding to throw respect out of the window. Ai needs to be improved in terms of how it reacts to the player. Let's say I'm rhino and the enemies shoot at me for the invuln period but then see it takes 3 seconds longer to kill me. at that point they'd be like okay well I'm not going to shoot you until that's over instead I'm going to use an invulernability period to where you have to shoot me instead.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

9k.png

Oh man I absolutely loved the shield guy with the tonkor that used to knock you down and oneshot blast you in the face.
I feared that grineer.
Then they nerfed him and added in shield gating which ruined it completely.

that guy kicked my butt every day of the week. that and nox lol.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Exactly Goose. We know that DE has no intention to move in this direction. If DE is not interested, believe me, there are lots of other interests out there for us. DE is petering players. They are simply putting this game aside. DE must do something. 

Let me give you an idea with this video of how things are right now: 

Yes, of course we can't trust Bethesda and few of these trailers EXCEPT Spiderman 2. The developer Insomniac ALWAYS delivers. However this will be the panorama to look forward. If we compare the graphics that Warframe has now and these game, Warframe looks like a NINTENDO NES game. You will be generous if Warframe is an IOS PHONE looking game. That would be a gesture of gratitude. 

Of course Skyrim was a COMPLETE success and still is. 

Many of these games doesn't have a great so called end game or late game. But at least the progress and the intrinsic game play of these examples may be satisfactory. I don't see DE having future plans and a good investment in their IP. They need a graphical improvement because the graphics sucks ass. They need an improvement on the AI because their AI sucks ass hard and they need to improve the quality of life in the game removing many bugs because, to be honest, that is really displeasing for the player. 

I know that it is a bit unfair to compare these games but DE is an AAA sized developer with 416 individuals in a building. DE can have a ton of economical support from Tencent and make use of the Unreal Engine. Tencent owns 40 percent of Epic Games. 

We are at this point. For our surprise Battlebit Remastered is becoming a success too. Why? Fun was included in the game. Can we say the same about DE's Warframe latest update called Duviri? No of course. But at least DE must try to raise the bar, at least, in my opinion of course. 

There are some interesting titles to look forward to.

The fool in me is looking forward to Ark 2 "next year" and even Ark: Survival Ascended, despite Ark: Survival Evolved being a bug-ridden mess as well 😆 Of course Diablo 4 is pretty good. Chances are Blizzard will continue to support it and present a good endgame for players that enjoy multiple levels of challenge.

Bethesda, for all their wonkiness, seem to generally deliver over time (if we choose to forget Fallout 76 and admit bugs are also a problem with them... at least it seems to get sorted), but the modding community is amazing and can keep breathing life into a game.

I actually think WF's AI gets a bad rap - it can be wonky at times and could use some sprucing, but it is pretty decent overall imo. I don't know if it'll get that sprucing though, as I've noticed is DE saying something akin to sprucing up the AI is a waste because everything dies fast or gets cc'd, but then they go and continue to give us cc and high damage, so they keep having the sameexcuse not to update it I suppose... It is what it is.

I see no issue in comparing Warframe to other big titles and comparing DE to some of the developers of other successful titles. Employee numbers differ according to various sources, but it appears to be around 300 - 460 or so for DE. That's far more than GGG (Path of Exile), more or less on par with Bethesda (Fallout, Elder Scrolls franchises), and FromSoftware (Souls series, Elden Ring) and a little less than Gearbox (Borderlands). Given DE's ties with Tencent, listening to what they have to say during streams and simply looking at what DE has been spending their resources on, financial obligations do not appear to be the issue.

Duviri... I honestly can't imagine DE being proud of Duviri. Plethora of bugs aside, Duviri seems a jumbled mess of ideas that were smooshed together, the result of which is rather embarrassing in comparison to the gameplay Warframe already offers.

But on the subject of changing ai and their mechanics I can give more examples.

Oh you're charging an ability and standing there? let me push you into a void and have all of your abilities nullified while 15 of my troops wait for you to slowly get back up and get blasted into oblivion.

Oh so you're standing under strangledome? let me just teleport myself and allies away from you so that you can't gain life support until you decide to take us down.

Oh so you want to turn invisible? well let's shoot at dead allies' bodies or any spot we hear gunfire at (gives players a reason to use hush).

things like that.

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Yes, but making it accessible the game doesn't mean the exclusion of challenge. Good alternatives are available. 

Remember not all casual gamers remains casual. Some "of these recruits" stay in the game expecting more. 

I agree at the idea of not excluding challenge, which is why I don’t look at a level 60 Arbitration and then equip enough damage to tackle SP; it only requires maybe about 4 damage mods, which frees up every other slot for other mods, and that’s just for weapons; when you start considering Warframes and schools and whatever else can be brought, it’s a pretty inexact science and a new build puzzle to solve where the goal is enough of challenge with a balanced or unbalanced loadout

That’s how the game fundamentally works and enables alternative builds and playstyles in the first place; maybe for those extra mod slots I’ve got a particularly fun build I like to use, but even if I’m not sure how I want to specifically build there’s mods like punch-through or status that double as build mods and filler mods, or mods like reload speed or firerate that double as QoL and filler mods, or mods that are definitely filler or flex mods that still provide an effect like zoom (or like the Peculiar mods for Warframes). If I’m already set for damage, a Galvanised mod can lose out to a zoom mod in terms of preference because I’m already set for damage for how I want to play and have slots and capacity to burn.

I don’t use a build I custom made my Grandmother to help her through Arbitrations, something that would most likely sit way above that level, unless I was looking for something that that build/mission combination provides like not having to play well because I feel like shutting my brain off or I want to stomp the bad guys right good because they killed me in frustrating ways. Filtering players so that we can decide if we’re looking for a fight or looking for something else would leave players who need the accessibility a way to play at cost to build variety, while letting me match to others who know and build to what a mission is balanced for using more of what they’ve earned since starting the game to bring more alternatives to the table

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I agree at the idea of not excluding challenge, which is why I don’t look at a level 60 Arbitration and then equip enough damage to tackle SP; it only requires maybe about 4 damage mods, which frees up every other slot for other mods, and that’s just for weapons; when you start considering Warframes and schools and whatever else can be brought, it’s a pretty inexact science and a new build puzzle to solve where the goal is enough of challenge with a balanced or unbalanced loadout

That’s how the game fundamentally works and enables alternative builds and playstyles in the first place; maybe for those extra mod slots I’ve got a particularly fun build I like to use, but even if I’m not sure how I want to specifically build there’s mods like punch-through or status that double as build mods and filler mods, or mods like reload speed or firerate that double as QoL and filler mods, or mods that are definitely filler or flex mods that still provide an effect like zoom (or like the Peculiar mods for Warframes). If I’m already set for damage, a Galvanised mod can lose out to a zoom mod in terms of preference because I’m already set for damage for how I want to play and have slots and capacity to burn.

I don’t use a build I custom made my Grandmother to help her through Arbitrations, something that would most likely sit way above that level, unless I was looking for something that that build/mission combination provides like not having to play well because I feel like shutting my brain off or I want to stomp the bad guys right good because they killed me in frustrating ways. Filtering players so that we can decide if we’re looking for a fight or looking for something else would leave players who need the accessibility a way to play at cost to build variety, while letting me match to others who know and build to what a mission is balanced for

You are completely right. If legitimately difficult content is to be addressed, make it seperated from normal play. And so that the casuals don't complain, have the same drops but weaker and with less drop chance. but also make the resources dropped better so they can get the resources they need through the helminth system to become ready for said harder content.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

No, just that they didn't know how to make them difficult without nerfing the player. DE Pablo said himself in an interview that "it is sometimes hard to find...a balance between the power fantasy and the difficulty side of the game." nothing more than thaat.

No, you're forcing that idea on me then proceeding to throw respect out of the window. Ai needs to be improved in terms of how it reacts to the player. Let's say I'm rhino and the enemies shoot at me for the invuln period but then see it takes 3 seconds longer to kill me. at that point they'd be like okay well I'm not going to shoot you until that's over instead I'm going to use an invulernability period to where you have to shoot me instead.

I am pretty sure they were explaining in some stream that building a bossfight like jackal takes a lot more time than something like archon, but that's not important.

Well even that doesn't seem like a great idea. After all the game is a horde shooter. If enemies could do stuff like that, it would be too much. The enemies still have to be just a horde of fools to be killed. I really like what they did with Eximus enemies. (I don't like how it affected CC frames...) You have the fooder enemies and then you have high priority targets, but those are still just something to be killed.

Nullifiers, Noxes, Bursas. All great designes, because it's obvious enough what you need to do. But again those are mechanics, not AI. AI that decided what to do is too unpredictable for a horde shooter. "Challanges like Noxes or Nullifiers" are static and predictable and you can outdps them, but it's better to interact with them. I consider that a much better design.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

You are completely right. If legitimately difficult content is to be addressed, make it seperated from normal play. And so that the casuals don't complain, have the same drops but weaker and with less drop chance. but also make the resources dropped better so they can get the resources they need through the helminth system to become ready for said harder content.

I agree with Graybone on that one. But judging the current events and the previous attempts. that is not going to happen. DE is not interested on legitimate difficult content. 

Archived