Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable focus school abilities?

4thBro

11 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Am I missing how to do this? Or... can... I not do this?

We are not able to anymore since the change to focus.

When DE restructured the Focus School and reset them because of newly added skills replacing some of them, in the past we could, no idea why they took the disable/enable function.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

They removed it with the Focus rework cause none of them have downsides anymore. Plus with the addition of abilities instead of the new effects being tied to their regular mechanics you can't really be hindered when you don't want to use the effects.

So there's not really any reason to disable them now but it is kinda odd DE didn't just leave the option.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

I would say DE gotta add a way to block some buffs.

You just code your Warframe to be immune to (buff name) similar to how you infuse abilities, and be done with it.   Pretty sure Helminth is capable enough.

Just disabling your own ability might not cut it, as you might get a buff from someone else.   Not in this specific case, yes, but in general.

Why are you using zenurik then?

If anything its not a random death and it definitely has a reason since the cause is known. If your build relies on the energy from zenurik it seems only balanced to me that you occasionally fail to proc the augur/brief respite mods. Its not a random effect either since you could count the 60 seconds (especially when doing a mode with a timer like survival).

I personally haven't played much with zenurik for a loooooong time, the only reasonable QoL fix would be to add an icon when inner might is up if that is not yet the case. This allows checking for its icon instead of having to count 90/80/70/60 seconds since the last proc.

The old system had its flaws too because if a prerequisite ability was disabled you had to disable the other ability too. The most notorious example being the old voidstrike.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Brief Respite / Augur builds want to disable the free spell Zenurik effect, since that means every 60 seconds we might randomly die for no reason.

Lol.

Having a niche situation that's solvable by being more attentive isn't a downside to the ability though. Again it is odd that they removed the choice but this issue, and anything else like it, is something that's solvable a dozen different ways already.

But y'know you could always post in the feedback forums asking for it back. It's a topic that others have brought up before so it is a suggestion with some support behind it.

7 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Why are you using zenurik then?

If anything its not a random death and it definitely has a reason since the cause is known. If your build relies on the energy from zenurik it seems only balanced to me that you occasionally fail to proc the augur/brief respite mods. Its not a random effect either since you could count the 60 seconds (especially when doing a mode with a timer like survival).

I personally haven't played much with zenurik for a loooooong time, the only reasonable QoL fix would be to add an icon when inner might is up if that is not yet the case. This allows checking for its icon instead of having to count 90/80/70/60 seconds since the last proc.

The old system had its flaws too because if a prerequisite ability was disabled you had to disable the other ability too. The most notorious example being the old voidstrike.

Frankly, I would LOVE a way to customize your buff... section. Something akin to weakauras from WoW, where you can customize in-game assets to be easier to view for you. Because the current buff UI is a total mess, just throwing unknown icons at you with no labeling, and all clumped with each other.