Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker scanning (Not the Shadow one)

Mellismera

Good day to all. An interesting question arose regarding the Codex.

There is one unscanned object in the Stalker's Codex. I suspect that this is a Regular Stalker (which appears before we complete the Second Dream Quest)

And now the question arises - how can I scan it if only the Shadow Stalker appears in any missions (even with beginners). Are we just losing the opportunity to get this content?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mellismera said:

only the Shadow Stalker appears in any missions (even with beginners)

This is not the case.

What type of Stalker you get depends on who he is coming for,
so if a pre-TSD player gets their Stalker to spawn, it'll be the original version.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mellismera said:

And now the question arises - how can I scan it if only the Shadow Stalker appears in any missions (even with beginners). Are we just losing the opportunity to get this content?

The form of the Stalker depends on which player in the squad he has arrived to kill.

• When he arrives to target a player who has completed The Second Dream, he will be the Shadow Stalker.
  • When he arrives to target a player who has not completed The Second Dream, he will be the normal Stalker.

Thus, but playing with pre-Second Dream players who are marked for death by the Stalker, you have a chance to scan the normal Stalker.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:
5 hours ago, VibingCat said:

I solved this by gifting ducats to a new player so he could purchase a Stalker's beacon from Baro and spawn him three times, or two if you're lucky.

Ooh, gonna see about trying that to get my lingering last one done.

Beacons spawn version you have, afair (so can spawn Shadow one).