Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnons for more underappreciated weapons

ismir_egal

Weapons like the Cronus were kind of always just mastery fodder and I think the Incarnon Genesis has the potential of reviving legitimately dead but very unique weapons.
I'd propose a weapon specific mission on weekly rotation to unlock the respective Incarnon for the more iconic weapons that have been left behind or ones that were just never worth using for their stats or handling.
Here a short list of weapons that fit this category IMO:
Cronus ; Broken Scepter ; Vitrica ; (Broken) War ; Wolf Sledge ; Dark Split-Sword ; Orvius ; Azima ; Zenistar ; Zenith
And a few honorable mentions: 
Stug ; Rumblejack ; Dark melee cycle ; Ether melee cycle ; Staticor ; Castanas ; Buzlok

First post so don't be too hard on me pls and if you agree maybe do something idk 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

As a big fan of it, my boyfriend would definitely appreciate a Dera incarnon, or at least a Tenet version.

I was sitting on three Dera rivens just waiting for that Sisters of Parvos update to make them relevant.  Alas.

To get back on topic, I'd prefer a Kuva Stugg over an Incarnon one.  But yeah, that gun needs a variant.  And what about the heat sword/heat daggers?  Or the plasma sword? 

Ever since Hespar dropped, I've been hoping for a single-handed scythe that evolves into a big scythe through its Incarnon mode.  Maybe that could be Ether Reaper.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ismir_egal said:

Weapons like the Cronus were kind of always just mastery fodder and I think the Incarnon Genesis has the potential of reviving legitimately dead but very unique weapons.
I'd propose a weapon specific mission on weekly rotation to unlock the respective Incarnon for the more iconic weapons that have been left behind or ones that were just never worth using for their stats or handling.
Here a short list of weapons that fit this category IMO:
Cronus ; Broken Scepter ; Vitrica ; (Broken) War ; Wolf Sledge ; Dark Split-Sword ; Orvius ; Azima ; Zenistar ; Zenith
And a few honorable mentions: 
Stug ; Rumblejack ; Dark melee cycle ; Ether melee cycle ; Staticor ; Castanas ; Buzlok

First post so don't be too hard on me pls and if you agree maybe do something idk 

Seems like an odd list to me.  Like I would never put Vitrica, Broken War, Buzlok, or Staticor in the same category as Cronus, Ether Sword, or Stug.  Also, as much as I'd enjoy an enhanced Zenith, I don't really like milestone weapons being part of the list, when somebody might be looking at a couple of years or more of  logins to acquire them in the first place. And there are so many weapons that are worse.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Fair enough!  Maybe an Incarnon Kuva Stugg would actually be viable.

There's a viable Stug already, it's just called Kompressa.

An Incarnon Stug would need a funky gimmick to differentiate itself from it imho but not sure what considering a bubble gun is already a gimmick. Maybe a full-auto high RoF bubble machine gun mode? Or bubbles spreading out new bubbles on kill?

Edited by FishMcCool

I hope they fix the Bronco Incarnon and Vasto Incarnon first. They are way too underpowered as the Incarnons go. Bronco is too difficult to charge up for merely 20 shots of ok-ish ricochetting bullets. Vasto is plain weak, while it undeniably deals high damage it essentially has 4 shots (granted it's four 6-shots burst but you often kill with the first shot) and it has cr@p accuracy and ridiculous recoil. You can't even ADS with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the list should include only weapons which are under-appreciated due to being underpowered, or just very low power due to being an early-game weapon. It should not (at least yet) include high-power weapons such as: Broken Scepter, Broken War, Vitrica, Zenistar, Zenith, Rumblejack, Ether Daggers, Castanas, or possibly others in your post that I am not yet familiar with.

P.S.: Last I checked, Zenith is still quite highly rated.

Edited by TheReaverOfDarkness

Buzlok: yes.

Dera/Dera Vandal: yes.

Azima: YES

Castana varieties: yes

All these melee weapons.... eh... melee incarnons still suck. A little number bump wouldn't hurt, especially terribad things like ether daggers. A lot of the ones you list are very strong. Broken War and Vitrica will shred. But I wish they'd make better melee incarnons first - they basically do nothing, the only reason to get them outside of meme niches is for the base number ++

Like the guy said, they're more than likely in the pipeline as we speak, you'll get them.

Props to DE for FINALLY doing something for these poor, poor weapons.