Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gammacor takes quite a bit to charge its incarnon

(PSN)tawmbus

The Gammacor Incarnon (im using Synoid) is taking on average 15 ammo to charge its incarnon. This does not benefit at all from having any multishot on it, and while that number sounds reasonable (you get your 15 incarnon charges) in practice it felt awful.

My synoid gammacor with a modest riven and cascadia flare and galv mods has been hitting like a truck for some time. When im trying to charge its incarnon any headshot pretty much spells death for an enemy in such a short amount of time that it takes many enemies to fully charge it.

Testing in simulacrum one can tell that modding for damage or multishot doesnt help at all. In fact having a high damage gammacor seems to hurt its ability to charge, especially if you have heat, because enemies die too fast or for the big chonky ones that would normally help you charge your incarnon, they dance around and flail from heat procs.

In fact I had to kill several eximus, all headshots to get half a bar. Found a void angel and then was able to fully charge it up.

This feels like a stark contrast to most of the other incarnons, where you can reasonably fill out their charge bars with far fewer than 15 shots, and they benefit from multishot greatly.

The gammacor can inflict heat real quick causing enemies to wiggle around, making subsequent beam tics mis the head, and kill the targets very quickly.

Perhaps having someway for multishot to actually benefit its charging, or for the magnitude of the damage dealt to have more impact on how much charge is generated. Feels like its penalized for melting heads too fast.

If im not mistaken, this might be the first continuous weapon that gained an incarnon form, so i suspect the way multishot is normally handled for incarnons doesnt take continuous weapon multishot into account.

TLDR: charging the gammacor doesnt feel good, and doesnt benefit from multishot. Enemies usually die so fast, you get so little charge out of it.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)tawmbus said:

If im not mistaken, this might be the first continuous weapon that gained an incarnon form

Atomos also have a Incarnon form before Gammacor and have the same problem against weak enemies. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)tawmbus said:

i suspect the way multishot is normally handled for incarnons doesnt take continuous weapon multishot into account

Beam weapons don't have multishot. They just get more damage and higher status on their one "projectile".

DE doesn't know how their own game works, and that is a fact. They didn't understand this issue when releasing Incarnon weapons (see Atomos), and they've not responded to the reports ever since. It is never going to get fixed, just grab another weapon.

Gammacor isn't good anyway, Incarnon deals no damage and the pull has 5m range. In fact none of the new Incarnons can compete with what we already have.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Beam weapons don't have multishot. They just get more damage and higher status on their one "projectile".

DE doesn't know how their own game works, and that is a fact. They didn't understand this issue when releasing Incarnon weapons (see Atomos), and they've not responded to the reports ever since. It is never going to get fixed, just grab another weapon.

Gammacor isn't good anyway, Incarnon deals no damage and the pull has 5m range. In fact none of the new Incarnons can compete with what we already have.

Multishot affects continuous weapons differently as you point out. There is no extra beam, no extra bullet. Just 1 beam, but it gets more damage and more status relative to the modded multishot. This is actually favorable for status damage because when a proc does occur it factors in more damage than it would have with a different weapon type.

But thats beside the point, multishot does affect continuous weapons. When I modded to have approximately 100% status chance, 1 ammo spent dealing 1 tick of damage would inflict 1 magnetic proc 100% of the time. When i modded for approximately 100% multishot on top of that, then 1 ammo spent dealing 1 tick of damage yield exactly 2 magnetic procs 100% of the time.

Im just hoping they recognize their might be some oversight in this area and make an adjustment.

24 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Idk half the time I thought it wasn't charging it was just because I couldn't see where I had the ultra-thin beam pointed over the shoulder.

Once I was actually hitting faces it seemed to ring home fine.

I noticed also with this patch that in some missions the  beam is invisible.