Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gave Overguard to squishy or no shield Warframe

BroDutt

I know that some might argue wether Banshee or Equinox (Day form) as Squishy Warframe. But considering that those warframe barely survive lv 300+ SP means that those warframe require some added defense mechanic like Overguard.

Inaros and Nidus didn't have shield and yes Nidus kind of Immortal (It's difficult getting those stacks when other player kills enemy). They need some ways to add overguard instead of Styanax.

My suggestion

1. Banshee : Sonar gave 80 Overguard per enemy it's scan

2. Equinox (Day Form) : Maim gave a percentage of health as Overguard per enemy it's bled

3. Inaros : Scarab Swarm gave 80% Overguard based on your armor instead of  extra 100% Armor (nobody use armor on SP to survive)

4. Nidus : Get 60 Overguard per Mutation Stack 

Note : number of Overguard generated may be change depend of your Strength/Duration

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

specially considering they are already pretty tanky

Their tankiness ends at some point when they get 1shotted (Archon, high SP). Especially Nidus.

Edited by Zakkhar

Not all Warframes are supposed to be tanky and even among those who are supposed to be tanky, there will always be those that are better at it than others.

As long as they can survive the highest level content offered through normal means, which would be lvl 200 Steel Path, there's no need to change anything. It's important to understand that endurance runs are not the balance focus, so if your frame of choice can't handle lvl 300 enemies or higher then that's simply it's limit and you have to switch to a different frame.

• Like 3

i can appreciate that any Warframe which doesn't have Shields is at a major disadvantage to any that do, and vs higher Level Enemies they literally are more likely to die than those with lower EHP but have Shields.

Inaros and Nidus could use some way to generate bits of Overguard, sure.
that's also a good opportunity to make some of their Abilities more.... useful, too.

Edited by taiiat

19 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Banshee's canoe shoes already have a  +500 Overguard of Warding enchantment on them

Unfortunately DE remove the 0,5 s invulnerability from that shoe. So you ended up with easily (and likely) object to get shot at.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Not all Warframes are supposed to be tanky and even among those who are supposed to be tanky, there will always be those that are better at it than others.

Giving overguard will not make those warframe Tanky, it's giving them a chance to survive. Banshee and Equinox are difficult to survive in SP with no DR on their ability and you can't have Decaying Dragon Key on Circuit SP

5 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

Banshee and Equinox are difficult to survive in SP with no DR on their ability and you can't have Decaying Dragon Key on Circuit SP

Dunno about Banshee, but you can totally make pretty tanky Equinox with Brief Respite (you subsume something spammable on 1 or 2, i used Terrify on 1, so it also adds cc). I guess you could subsume something on Banshee as well, i just do not play her.

Edited by Zakkhar

I don't know too much about banshee, but people have been level capping with her for a while so I don't think she needs overguard. 

While day form equinox is often overlooked you can use the slash proc animation from her 4rth and combine it with gloom, allowing you to pretty much stunlock every enemy you fight. Ideally you would be using a build where you can make use of both forms though, which I would love to see in an equinox rework where she perhaps gets two separate modding states like sevagoth. Even then though, overguard would be more suited towards night form as day form is a DPS/glass cannon.

Wdym by no one uses armor in sp? In lvl 1000+ content health ranking might not be viable but for 99% of steel path it works just fine.

Nidus doesn't really need overguard either considering his mutation stacks make him immortal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Dunno about Banshee, but you can totally make pretty tanky Equinox with Brief Respite (you subsume something spammable on 1 or 2, i used Terrify on 1, so it also adds cc). I guess you could subsume something on Banshee as well, i just do not play her.

Equinox surprisingly has several builds you can run in steel path. You can use an energy transfer build to store charge for your 4rth and momentarily switch to day to nuke, you can use terrify for one of the best scaling nukes the game to be even better against armored enemies, you can use gloom and peaceful provocation for 99% slow and crazy health tanking, 300% strength for full shield gate every kill, and of course the main + gloom stunlock build. Now that I think about it, you could combine the 99% slow build with arcane eruption to get really silly with it.

• Like 1