Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speargun QoL

(XBOX)Dwarflord97

I’d love if spearguns (like the ferrox and javlok) would auto switch to your secondary once they’re thrown. I especially think it would be an improvement for the ferrox since its intention is to clump enemies together. If I remember correctly, it used to autoswitch, but I could be mistaken. If it did used to why did they remove it? And could it be an option in settings to change, between auto switching or not? 

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dwarflord97 said:

If I remember correctly, it used to autoswitch

Speargun throws used to remove the weapon from hand, so yes.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dwarflord97 said:

If it did used to why did they remove it?

It was an attempt to make these weapons easier to use.  Misguided to an extent IMO, but also not well executed.

• Like 3

Honestly I was expecting powerful thrown effects when they first released speargun buffs. That way, "losing" the weapon while deployed would be more rewarding. Either that, or a bonus effect when you pick them up instead of waiting for them to auto-return.

I feel like spearguns existing in the field and in your hands at the same time is both weird and makes them less unique than they were.

Now you can have two ferroxes! Neither of which will have the tethers benefit from status chance increases. 🙃

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Granted there are some funky things that can be done with the Ferrox that couldn't be done before the speargun rework...

https://youtu.be/GxqxkZub4U4?si=JsTYYSgpAeu1cV7Z

Lmao, that is pretty funny. This reminded me of Mind Control synergy. It was fun to improve them with their own pull+cc when MC targets wouldn't teleport back to you after moving like 30cm away. 😅

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Dwarflord97 said:

I’d love if spearguns (like the ferrox and javlok) would auto switch to your secondary once they’re thrown. I especially think it would be an improvement for the ferrox since its intention is to clump enemies together. If I remember correctly, it used to autoswitch, but I could be mistaken. If it did used to why did they remove it? And could it be an option in settings to change, between auto switching or not? 

The changes to Spearguns that came with Veil Breaker was one more of those "No one asked for this" feature DE tends to throw into the game from time to time, usually breaking something in the process.

Only reason they even bothered to touch Spearguns with that update was because they included the Afentis which is Styanax's Signature weapon.

Also having good memories of years ago before DE reworked Gas damage, the Procs would deal Toxic damage which was amazing for dealing with Ferrite Armored or Shielded enemies, the Ferrox with Gas + Electric would lock enemies into place and continuously apply Gas's AoE, in Corpus missions it would instantly kill any Corpus units that moved through the field.

20 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It was an attempt to make these weapons easier to use.

Sadly the only Speargun that actually benefits from the rework was the Javlock since its Alt-Fire drains the weapons's entire clip and you would have to go grab it after throwing so you could throw again or wait a whole 12 seconds until it came back on its own.

14 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

Do not try this guys...

NOBODY WILL HEAR YOU...

The spear guns are doomed to stay broken as all post about fixing they fall into the void.

Or burn a candle an Pray God for a Miracle to happens (I may ask for a more usefull wish)

Yeah, its been over a year now since the update and its a nuance iv had to endure because of how accustom i was to the old Ferrox mechanic, throwing and instantly changing to my Secondary to blast enemies as they got pulled in.

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not an intended feature, probably got patched out or will eventually get fixed, also limited to a single frame so Meh...

If the Ferrox could latch on to allies too it would allow for some cool combinations with other frames like Octavia's Mallet, Khora's Venari, Mag's Magnetize and Zephyr's Tornados.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Sadly the only Speargun that actually benefits from the rework was the Javlock

Very debatable.  No more charge-up bonus on throws, and now I have to use a slot for Fast Hand.  They also made Javlok throws less interesting to me, not only for all the usual reasons that affected all spearguns, but they outright removed its uncharged throw that had its own special mechanics.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not an intended feature, probably got patched out . . .

Still works a year later, even after Grendel's overhaul. 

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If the Ferrox could latch on to allies too it would allow for some cool combinations with other frames like Octavia's Mallet, Khora's Venari, Mag's Magnetize and Zephyr's Tornados.

I'd love allied collision for it, just for the comedy of a pet or squadmate dragging enemies around.