Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too much attack speed on melee weapons skips combos

ExplosiveCurry

51 minutes ago, ExplosiveCurry said:

When you get enough attack speed like from valkyr's 2nd ability or a wisp on top of arcane and mods the combo set resets because the window to use the next move in the moveset shortens. there should be a minimum duration set for next move in the combo

While I agree that this is currently an issue, I'm hopeful that the QOL changes coming in the next mainline will ameliorate this problem.  Holding melee to auto attack will undoubtedly introduce another host of issues, but I'm looking forward to not breaking my wrist, hand, and fingers while trying to get Shimmering Blight to function.  Hopefully this makes excessive attack speed less of a liability.

• Like 1

Sadly, its been addressed, twice:

The first is the fix to the oppressive nature of berserker fury and reducing the attack speed on it. But you can still reach the animation-breaking attack speed even after the nerfs without the affected mods through something like Wisp haste motes.

The second is auto-melee that is coming in the next update. While auto-melee isn't directly addressing it, it could still have a feature assoiated with it that might be able to solve this problem. Hopefully more information comes soon in the devstream and update launch.

The animation breaking melee combos is one of the reasons why a squad-ability toggle would be nice so that this doesn't happen the moment you pass through a doorway with a haste mote on it. Heck it can even short-ciricut certain combos like shimmering blight preventing them from functioning altogether instead of just skipping some of the combos.

The two quotes for reference:

Update 30.5 (2021-07-06)

Melee Mod Nerfs

Attack Speed increases for Melee are part of what makes it so dominant. This is especially true when the conditions to reach animation-breaking Attack Speed are as simple as current Berserker: ‘on Critical Hit’. Infinite Attack-Speed Uptime is possible with a single Mod, and the result is animation noise with no distinction between hits, coupled with massive Damage output.

We still want to support the ability to increase your Melee Attack Speed and Damage Output, just not to the levels you currently can.

The team is well underway with developing our next Update: Abyss of Dagath.

Announced during TennoLIVE 2023, a lot is coming your way:

Auto-melee

Edited by XHADgaming

I'd propose that being buffed by Wisp (especially when you didn't ask for it)

leaves your Melee speed unchanged, but instead buffs the melee damage by the same proportion.

makes logical sense in a way, greater acceleration/force behind your swing equates to more damage dealt

but let the player stay In Control by not messing up the Cyclic Rate of their swings.

• Like 1

Are you using dual swords? Traditionally this issue only happens to certain weapon types, so I'm wondering if it's affecting the usual suspects or everything broke this time. Normally, dual swords, staves, and wukongs Iron Staff will be affected. I can't remember if there were any others, it's been a while.

On 2023-09-21 at 2:20 AM, Drasiel said:

Are you using dual swords? Traditionally this issue only happens to certain weapon types, so I'm wondering if it's affecting the usual suspects or everything broke this time. Normally, dual swords, staves, and wukongs Iron Staff will be affected. I can't remember if there were any others, it's been a while.

Duals swords are a big offender including the carving mantis stance. I personally have not seen this issue on other stances that I can recall right now.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna

Ya, I hard limit myself on how much attack speed I put on my weapons or how much I outsource. I play zephyr so I do a lot of aerial attacks and too much AS will break the aerial attacks and only make the first hit possible with an awful delay, leading to an actual DPS loss by having more AS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...