Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Should be Separated into Primary, Secondary and Melee in Inventory.

(PSN)ChritizinGaming

Or at least have an option to filter between Primary, Secondary and Melee.

I’m new to Warframe and I’m only at MR 5. I need to make frames and weapons to rank up and when I’m out of space for either, I need to sell weapons or frame that I don’t like or use that much to make space for new weapons & frames.

But under the weapons tab, in my inventory, all the weapons are just in one category and my short term memory is really bad, so if I don’t remember to do myself the favor of taking a photo with my phone of the Secondary layout under arsenal, when you can equip a different weapon, then I would have no clue which weapons are Secondary and that I shouldn’t sell. 

And I, for that exact reason, accidentally sold a Secondary weapon I wanted to keep. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Inventory is sorted precisely by these categories and inventory is the place you sell items. I have no idea where the problem is.

The problem is that the Inventory only has one tab - Weapons. Where it's sorted by alphabetical order or sell value, but a newplayer not knowing the weapons doesn't know if it's Primary or Secondary (or Melee), which is OP's problem here. And imo he's right, it wouldn't cost much to add 2 tabs to that list

Capture.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

The problem is that the Inventory only has one tab - Weapons. Where it's sorted by alphabetical order or sell value, but a newplayer not knowing the weapons doesn't know if it's Primary or Secondary (or Melee), which is OP's problem here. And imo he's right, it wouldn't cost much to add 2 tabs to that list

Capture.png

Oh I thought the categories were there, nvm.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Indeed, that's weird that the Profile is split per categories but not the Inventory page.

it's done this way to not create confusion as to how many open slots you have for weapons..  Splitting it up and it saying 7 on each category would make people assume they have 21 and not 7 open weapon slots. As you see here. 

image.png

I'm rather surprised they didn't add to the index filtering (along with Name, Sell Price and Owned). 

16 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

it's done this way to not create confusion as to how many open slots you have for weapons..  Splitting it up and it saying 7 on each category would make people assume they have 21 and not 7 open weapon slots. As you see here. 

image.png

I'm rather surprised they didn't add to the index filtering (along with Name, Sell Price and Owned). 

Yup that's probably the reason. But something they could (and should, honestly) have added is a "hidden" description for all weapons, allowing you to filter with the Search. Type "Secondary" and it will filter all your secondaries. It would be useful for "Sniper/Shotgun only sorties" as well. :tongue:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

It would be useful for "Sniper/Shotgun only sorties" as well. 

"Shotgun" and "Assault Rifle" I think work perfectly in the Arsenal Primary search bar.  "Sniper" catches all the snipers, but also gets a bunch of other weapons, mostly non-snipers that used to to need sniper ammo.  DE should fix that.  And "Shotgun" works a little less well in the Inventory search bar.  Since there is no slot filter, it'll get Euphona.  (And maybe other sidearms I don't have.)

"Primary" and "Secondary" basically don't work.  They'll catch a few weapons, but mostly key off words in their descriptions, and it's worse in the Inventory search bar without the slot filter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

"Shotgun" and "Assault Rifle" I think work perfectly in the Arsenal Primary search bar.  "Sniper" catches all the snipers, but also gets a bunch of other weapons, mostly non-snipers that used to to need sniper ammo.  DE should fix that.  And "Shotgun" works a little less well in the Inventory search bar.  Since there is no slot filter, it'll get Euphona.  (And maybe other sidearms I don't have.)

"Primary" and "Secondary" basically don't work.  They'll catch a few weapons, but mostly key off words in their descriptions, and it's worse in the Inventory search bar without the slot filter.

HAHAHAHAHA...  no...   And the reason is because this is set up as the ammo (used) and not the category.  

Can you name which one's aren't snipers from this picture: 

image.png

As for Equipment listing based on a search index...  

image.png

Further, using this logic in Arsenal, this shows in Inventory up because of the weapon description (for shotgun):

image.png

And the real eye-brow raiser is this one (also because of of the word shotgun):

image.png

Seriously, it exists in profile, so it must be using a hidden field that Inventory and Arsenal simply don't use.  

27 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

HAHAHAHAHA...  no...   And the reason is because this is set up as the ammo (used) and not the category.  

Can you name which one's aren't snipers from this picture: 

You quoted me pointing out this exact thing.  :/

29 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Further, using this logic in Arsenal, this shows in Inventory up because of the weapon description (for shotgun):

...and this.  Though I used Euphona as an example rather than Vastilok.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

"Sniper" catches all the snipers, but also gets a bunch of other weapons, mostly non-snipers that used to to need sniper ammo.  DE should fix that. 

What's really annoying is that DE did change it to only actual snipers when Citrine's Lash Wish came out, and then decided to roll it back a few hotfixes later.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

What's really annoying is that DE did change it to only actual snipers when Citrine's Lash Wish came out,

I had a vague recollection of it working better, but dismissed it as my imagination.

7 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

and then decided to roll it back a few hotfixes later.

Like, they documented a rollback?  Otherwise it sounds like an accidental rollback.  Which is something that happens more frequently than I'd like.

48 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Like, they documented a rollback?  Otherwise it sounds like an accidental rollback.  Which is something that happens more frequently than I'd like.

It was explicitly mentioned in the hotfix notes, with reason given about sniper ammo mutation, IIRC  - I'm too lazy to dig out exactly which hotfix, but it was one of the fairly early ones after Citrine's Last Wish.