Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long Term Player Retention

--Xalted-LuaGuard--

Updates and new refer a friend features are nice but do not address burn out or micro-community building. Warframe has a fantastic general community, with in game q&a, php forums, trade and recruiting filling in the gaps well enough and keeping chats distinct.

the clan and alliance features are near defunct. Aside from competitive clans with high requirements, there is nearly no distinction from doing everything solo or just joining for research, as many players tend to do. It is also immensely difficult and extrinsic-ly rewardless to keep up with players long term, regardless of platform, and completely dependent on the effort of players who are personally driven to do so.

Possible solutions:

clan, friend, alliance buffs

Warframe discord integration, official or clan/alliance based

Squad buff based on how many missions completed together (nothing complicated*, as much as 10 missions, 100 missions, 1000 missions for reward or damage buffs).  *things like a dozen tiers, unnecessary. It would be probably complicated enough to create this idea with 10/100/1000 but this is just a prompt

Clan lichs/sisters or such as repeatable clan events centered on activity, potentially unique railjack weaponry. A nod here to my forum post on clan/alliance “raid” multi railjack missions.

clan dynamic ephemera or other cosmetic based on clan activities (similar to a cross between nightwave and celestia syandana)

Im just throwing stuff out there, but it seems like a strange struggle for such a great community, with a game that puts out new content consistently albeit we blaze through it.

As much as I'd like to see clan and alliances not be reduced to dead portions of the game in terms of features, I doubt we will see any improvements with how the game is going in terms of how content is designed.

"Competitive clans" are a thing in the past. There's not been an Operation in 4 years now, and before then they were already dwindling. The only thing you can have as a clan is an old dojo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

As much as I'd like to see clan and alliances not be reduced to dead portions of the game in terms of features, I doubt we will see any improvements with how the game is going in terms of how content is designed.

"Competitive clans" are a thing in the past. There's not been an Operation in 4 years now, and before then they were already dwindling. The only thing you can have as a clan is an old dojo.

Greatly miss clans competing to be in event leaderboards :(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

More along the lines of raid style leaderboards. Again these are all just prompts

7 hours ago, --Exalted-- said:

More along the lines of raid style leaderboards. Again these are all just prompts

Yeah, but like I said, that's a long gone era of the game. Accessibility is the focus now, not creating achievements for a select group of players. Even when Trials were around, the community leaderboards were just the same people. The nature of live service also dampens achievements like these because the game is constantly changing.

Edited by Voltage

I have a crippling Steel Essence addiction that forces me to do my daily steel path.

An unhealthy need for daily formas to have every weapon and frame in its most competitive form.

Other than that though, I'm not really sure what keeps me playing. Maybe it's the endless cycle of "well, I played this so much I'd feel bad leaving now". I'm not complaining about nothing, just reflecting on how I play.

I think I like it when I do some crazy ass thing with a frame and people are like "yo wtf" and I explain them the build.

Also I'd probably like some sort of raiding content, something somewhere between the Circuit where you can't change gear between missions, Sorties where it's several mission types, Scarlet Spear for its access to Railjack content AND ground based content, as well as the Volatile gamemode in Railjack for a "more impactful" sort of objective. It's a complete mess of idea in my head and I don't know how to explain properly how I'd want it to be. Just, something where your overall knowledge and skill at the game is tested.