Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Nidus' first and second abilities cost health instead of energy

0Midas0

Nidus is in a good place to be a purely health-fueled warframe in the same sense that Hildryn is a shield-fueled warframe. Currently only 2 of his abilities use energy anyways, and being limited by energy hurts his ability to build up mutation stacks. What's more, with his natural health regen and passive, he could have an excellent risk/reward theme of balancing use/overuse of his abilities to not put himself in danger. 

Some kind of augment that does this would be fine too. It just feels like an obvious direction the frame should have been built in. 

• Like 3

Well, considering his 1 will refund your energy for hitting enemy groups, and his 2 is great at pulling several enemies to steal energy from, you really shouldn't be running out of energy unless you're really inefficient with your grouping

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Well, considering his 1 will refund your energy for hitting enemy groups, and his 2 is great at pulling several enemies to steal energy from, you really shouldn't be running out of energy unless you're really inefficient with your grouping

Unless your teamates immediately kill every enemy pulled by your larvae every single time you cast it because they don't know how Nidus works.

But yeah his energy is fine.

4 hours ago, 0Midas0 said:

Some kind of augment that does this would be fine too. It just feels like an obvious direction the frame should have been built in. 

+1 for augment

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Oh, I haven't knew that 1st refund eneryg.

Ok, so I've checked wiki:

40 (virulence) + 25 (larva) = 65 energy (cost of single larva + virulence cast)
25% * 40 = 10 (energy refund per enemy hit)

So you need 6-7 enemy to fully refund energy. While it's possible it's require certain setups: modes like survival or SP with more enemies around you.

It's not problem for late gamer like me (not exactly). I put some pizzas. I have probably Zenurik & Energize. Without such setups I can see it being harder to start (especially without SP or stuff like mentioned above).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, quxier said:

Oh, I haven't knew that 1st refund eneryg.

Ok, so I've checked wiki:

40 (virulence) + 25 (larva) = 65 energy (cost of single larva + virulence cast)
25% * 40 = 10 (energy refund per enemy hit)

So you need 6-7 enemy to fully refund energy. While it's possible it's require certain setups: modes like survival or SP with more enemies around you.

It's not problem for late gamer like me (not exactly). I put some pizzas. I have probably Zenurik & Energize. Without such setups I can see it being harder to start (especially without SP or stuff like mentioned above).

Note that the energy refund scales with your efficiency. The lower efficiency you have, the more energy you restore by hit. That's one of the reasons why blind rage is pretty neat on Nidus.

Edited by Rathalio

10 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

The lower efficiency you have, the more energy you restore by hit. That's one of the reasons why blind rage is pretty neat on Nidus. And then it also makes it require less hit to refund your casts.

And it requires more energy to cast. At -50% efficiency you would need 60 (Virulence) + 37 (Larva) = 97. And that's 2/3 of his starting energy. Make mistake and you are in bad situation.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

And it requires more energy to cast. At -50% efficiency you would need 60 (Virulence) + 37 (Larva) = 97. And that's 2/3 of his starting energy. Make mistake and you are in bad situation.

If the only flaw is that you should play good to make sure you don't #*!% up your energy. For me it's a win win, but I understand why you would want to play differently and have a safer gameplay.

23 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

If the only flaw is that you should play good to make sure you don't #*!% up your energy. For me it's a win win, but I understand why you would want to play differently and have a safer gameplay.

Well, it's more restrictive form of gameplay. And I like to use my abilities. But yeah, like you say, different styles fits different people/needs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quxier said:

So you need 6-7 enemy to fully refund energy.

Don't forget to factor in the extra instance of Virulence that spawns when you're linked to someone, be it a player or enemy. Their virulence also contributes to energy refunds if I recall which means needing half the amount of enemies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Given that virulence is 40 energy and larva is 25, the 65 energy start-up cost is the bigger problem, especially if you're in a late-rotation endless and there are energy leech eximus running rampant. It still feels that, for a frame with an emphasis on health, who doesn't use energy for several abilities already, it would make more sense to just go all the way and make Nidus a non-energy frame completely. 

But, once again, an augment would be fine too. 

Edited by 0Midas0

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Also Hunter Adrenaline, throwing that info too. Can't add image with my tablet or I would show the mod too.

HunterAdrenalineMod.png

I didn't even realize this mod was a thing and it's basically just better version of "Rage". 

Sometimes mod rarity doesn't make any sense. 

Well off to switch this on my Nidus.

Edited by (PSN)IdoThea