Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus shops

Sojufueled

5 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I'm not a fan of converting existing resources into something in more demand but fewer supply. This only benefit players with 1000 login days. Nothing to give new players.

But there will come a time when those new players become endgame players and will face the same issue as us.

17 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice if it offered limited stock (rotating daily/weekly) of the more painful resources, to offset those grinds. Cryotic comes to mind.

I'd be quite fond for weekly rotation. Focus is something that is gained Passively anyway.

Waiting a week for a fully built forma? Wouldn't really effect the Forma market. Like how Riven Slivers giving two Rivens per week aren't a major issue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I'm not a fan of converting existing resources into something in more demand but fewer supply. This only benefit players with 1000 login days. Nothing to give new players.

Not everything needs to or should cater to new players. The new players have the system itself to progress with, that should be enough for them as an incentive.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Kuva, endo, relics or credits.

This seems like the only real answer. A part from decorations you can get ad infinitum like the banners already in the store.

16 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

12 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

It takes a while to even unlock the Focus School. Above all else, it takes even longer time to gain enough affinity to max out all the nodes in one Focus school. There just has to be a system where newcomers can still benefit from excessive Focus points. Or you know, make it fair. Have nothing for everyone.

Um...no? First off, get out with that "New Player" human shield. They have no real bearing on this discussion. This is for vets and the system that the devs included into the game to dump points into when we hit cap to give said points meaning. It's something literally made for us players who hit max cap, but we're on how it could use a little extra. Second, not everything has to benefit new players. Their benefit comes into play immediately once they get access to Focus, as now they have to go through the same journey as us to earn the extra features/buffs/abilities in the schools. They are not without and that serves as their incentive. And they will ultimately be better off by having evergreen rewards when they reach our point and not hit a wall as we did.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not everything needs to or should cater to new players. The new players have the system itself to progress with, that should be enough for them as an incentive.

5 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

This seems like the only real answer. A part from decorations you can get ad infinitum like the banners already in the store.

Um...no? First off, get out with that "New Player" human shield. They have no real bearing on this discussion. This is for vets and the system that the devs included into the game to dump points into when we hit cap to give said points meaning. It's something literally made for us players who hit max cap, but we're on how it could use a little extra. Second, not everything has to benefit new players. Their benefit comes into play immediately once they get access to Focus, as now they have to go through the same journey as us to earn the extra features/buffs/abilities in the schools. They are not without and that serves as their incentive. And they will ultimately be better off by having evergreen rewards when they reach our point and not hit a wall as we did.

I can say the same thing. "Vets" don't need to be cater toward. Having a billion Credits with no use for it. Vets already have everything in the game. Why do you want more of everything?

18 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I can say the same thing. "Vets" don't need to be cater toward. Having a billion Credits with no use for it. Vets already have everything in the game. Why do you want more of everything?

No, #*!% off man. This is not remotely a rebuttal for anything we said. For starters, we're talking about End Game content. Of #*!%ing course it should cater to us. And I don't know about you, but I don't have everything and there are plenty of things that need a constant intake of supplies. New content comes out, mods need to be leveled, decorations need constructing, Rivens need rolling. Kuva was one of the suggested drops and is often requested as an evergreen drop cause its always needed. 

And the idea that "vets don't need to be cater toward" is such a mind boggling stupid take when we're obviously the most devoted, have spend god knows how much money, shill for the game numerous times. We're their life blood, their money makers. IPs have lived and died based on how they treat their most devoted fanbase. If you honestly believe that you have the business acumen on par with some top Hollywood suit with their head up their ass.

On 2023-10-12 at 5:30 AM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Focus is fundamentally the core reward for normal gameplay. It's just weird that it becomes obsolete so quickly.

19 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

But they do, since new players already have everything in the game to do that the vets have already done. And something like adding evergreen for focus would be a thing serving everyone in the end since everyone eventually gets to that point if they stick to the game. And clearly we dont have everything, since there are massive sinks at the end game, experimentation with all frames, shards and helminth for instance. Something that is extremely limited now unless you run specific maps or modes to fuel the bile need for instance.

Adding resources of different kinds to the focus shops would be future proofing the system since it is things that everyone will needed off and on throughout their journey in the game. Right now if I had access to bile resources through the focus shop I'd experiment far more and likely also play more per day. Since there would be a reason for me to cap focus daily while also having the resources to test shard/frame combination more often. But right now, what I do is log in on monday, check vendors, kill archon, take khal for a strole and cap my syndicate standing and then log off. Then tuesday to sunday I log on buy some syndicate specters, max out the daily syndicate standing in SP for that syndicate and some for the ally, then log off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

No, #*!% off man. This is not remotely a rebuttal for anything we said. For starters, we're talking about End Game content. Of #*!%ing course it should cater to us. And I don't know about you, but I don't have everything and there are plenty of things that need a constant intake of supplies. New content comes out, mods need to be leveled, decorations need constructing, Rivens need rolling. Kuva was one of the suggested drops and is often requested as an evergreen drop cause its always needed. 

And the idea that "vets don't need to be cater toward" is such a mind boggling stupid take when we're obviously the most devoted, have spend god knows how much money, shill for the game numerous times. We're their life blood, their money makers. IPs have lived and died based on how they treat their most devoted fanbase. If you honestly believe that you have the business acumen on par with some top Hollywood suit with their head up their ass.

Dude calm down and look at the Magnificent Peagle

aI9tnJY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But they do, since new players already have everything in the game to do that the vets have already done. And something like adding evergreen for focus would be a thing serving everyone in the end since everyone eventually gets to that point if they stick to the game. And clearly we dont have everything, since there are massive sinks at the end game, experimentation with all frames, shards and helminth for instance. Something that is extremely limited now unless you run specific maps or modes to fuel the bile need for instance.

Adding resources of different kinds to the focus shops would be future proofing the system since it is things that everyone will needed off and on throughout their journey in the game. Right now if I had access to bile resources through the focus shop I'd experiment far more and likely also play more per day. Since there would be a reason for me to cap focus daily while also having the resources to test shard/frame combination more often. But right now, what I do is log in on monday, check vendors, kill archon, take khal for a strole and cap my syndicate standing and then log off. Then tuesday to sunday I log on buy some syndicate specters, max out the daily syndicate standing in SP for that syndicate and some for the ally, then log off.

So you want to collect stuff by trading in worthless junk?

On 2023-10-11 at 5:42 PM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

It takes a while to even unlock the Focus School. Above all else, it takes even longer time to gain enough affinity to max out all the nodes in one Focus school. There just has to be a system where newcomers can still benefit from excessive Focus points.

I admit, this statement puzzles me a bit. As you say, it takes a while to unlock the Focus school and even longer to max out all the nodes -- a newcomer is going to be still maxing out those nodes, so is not going to have excess Focus.

The problem of excess Focus comes around when you have maxed out a school but the game still keeps giving you the currency (Focus); you just have a number getting bigger and bigger in a database with nothing to ever use it on. You get the refacia kit from one Focus school, it's not like each one gives you a different set of colors. You can get the sumdali and the voidshell material from each school once.

After that, you can basically buy a poster or a vosphene over and over and over again.

But moreover, having evergreen things to spend Focus on can indirectly benefit folks who don't have Focus maxed out. If you could buy kuva with extra Focus, that's rivens rolled to better rolls which may be put on the market. If you can buy void relics with excess Focus, that's more relics getting cracked in void fissures, and more Primed stuff hitting the market.

This game's economy works on "I have gotten to a point where I can get X thing easily, but do not need it, so I will trade it to other players" and "I cannot get X thing easily, but I have some plat, so I will pay the person who can get it more easily." You can make arguments as to whether or not that's the right economy, but it's the economy we've currently got. And evergreen rewards for systems you've otherwise exhausted the rewards from do feed into that.

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 4