Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Split-Sword

c06apple

2 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

You don't know how badly I wish this was the case, but DE doesn't really care about the potential of hybrid/trick weaponry. If you want a game that does make full use of this concept, try Bloodborne. Perfect month for it.

Melee 3.0, Aerial (Deimos) set, rage mode and probably few other stuff has been stalled. It seems now it's not the time for melee.

On 2023-10-16 at 7:50 AM, c06apple said:

What I envision is that during a mission, I can freely choose to use dual sword/giant blade mode based on the current situation, rather than a system that is further enhanced like Incarnon Mode.

The inherent issue with this is that Dark Split Sword changes form based on its stance mod. You can't change mods in the middle of a mission. They would have to rework the weapon considerably to accommodate this change.

Many items in Warframe are experimental tech demos of sorts. DSS was an attempt at weapon modularity tied to stance mod, and it proved unpopular. The trend is that they will continue to innovate rather than go back to refine every idea that didn't take off. Sad but true. I do think there will be improvements for the Dark Split Sword in the future or at least an entirely new weapon that does something similar, but (possibly) better, but it may not be for some time. Incarnons are popular, so I can see an Incarnon melee weapon, whether DSS itself or something else, that undergoes a big functional change (almost) at-will like you want. In the case of an incarnon, it's not truly at-will and the incarnon mode is just generally better than the other, so I see how it's not really what you want, but realistically it is what is more likely.