Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrary 1hr Arbitration timer.

2wentyThre3

For days in a row now (more commonly in these days than over my years of play) I have encountered groups that leave after the initial wave of Arbitration. They made a platinum sale and have to leave, others leave with them. They die within the initial 5min run, feel bad or embarrassed or w/e and leave. They just aren't in the mood anymore...

I would have no issue with this whatsoever, except we, I, need to wait another hour to play again. Honestly it's getting to the point where it just feels bad.
No one player should have so much power over another's play time. Especially over a game mode we had to spend time to unlock and have to wait for.

I'm not calling for punishment of those players. I'm not calling for a mandatory play time once in the mission. Although there is possibly some merit to both of those solutions too... But, can we just delete the timer? have it on 20 or 30mins instead so the fill time after an abandoned run doesn't feel nearly as egregious as it does now?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

No one player should have so much power over another's play time.

I haven't played Arbitration for a couple of years.  Does it boot everyone if the host leaves now?

As far as the main topic goes, I think it would probably be fine if the mission just stayed up for the whole hour rather than disappearing once a round is completed.  

Edited by Tiltskillet

Le 15/10/2023 à 17:55, Tiltskillet a dit :

I haven't played Arbitration for a couple of years.  Does it boot everyone if the host leaves now?

Nah it doesn't kick you but it makes backfill highly unlikely or just plain impossible depending on the round and gimps the run should people have wanted to go for an hour or W/e else. It's just a plain pain in the backside.

As Crown above me mentioned, it starts a cascade effect more often than not. Even if you were okay with plugging on with 3 people just throw in the towel removing the option.

On 2023-10-15 at 3:53 AM, 2wentyThre3 said:

No one player should have so much power over another's play time.

That goes Both Ways

other player's aren't obligated to keep playing longer then they wanted for Your sake.

Either use LFG to get an organized group with agreed duration and strategies, or only play Public under the assumption that you might end up Solo.

Stop expecting to be Carried just for queuing up. No one owes anyone anything in Public Matchmaking.

So there was some bonuses on an arbitration that made me raise an eyebrow just now... and I was like, heck, haven't played an Arbitration in forever, so I got into it.

It was a disruption on Lua.

Got through the first 4 conduits, round 1.

One guy left.

Another guy died and then left immediately after.

Thanks for showing up guys -_-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Le 18/10/2023 à 05:39, CrownOfShadows a dit :

So there was some bonuses on an arbitration that made me raise an eyebrow just now... and I was like, heck, haven't played an Arbitration in forever, so I got into it.

It was a disruption on Lua.

Got through the first 4 conduits, round 1.

One guy left.

Another guy died and then left immediately after.

Thanks for showing up guys -_-

Sorry for your loss matey... Time and effort and all that.

Le 18/10/2023 à 04:51, (PSN)haphazardlynamed a dit :

That goes Both Ways

other player's aren't obligated to keep playing longer then they wanted for Your sake.

Either use LFG to get an organized group with agreed duration and strategies, or only play Public under the assumption that you might end up Solo.

Stop expecting to be Carried just for queuing up. No one owes anyone anything in Public Matchmaking.

This is Warframe. We pride ourselves in our community and we always have. After your 5000+ posts I'd of thought that would have been apparent. I just want to take the time to say your attitude toward me in your post was unnecessary. 

If you'd like to respond to me in a less accusatory tone and not make assumptions of what my skill level may be - Oh, and actually discuss my post. I'll happily speak to you. If the next post is like your last, don't mind if I reserve the right to ignore you.

Telling me who you think I am without knowing me... bit silly really.

In short - Game mode needed to be unlocked. Game mode implies a stay longer than normal missions to grind an middle to endgame resource. Game mode locks out if left. Game mode becomes less fruitful with less people. Game mode should have a lesser lock out timer or no timer at all so that individuals who wanted to stay are not punished by others leaving. This would allow a near seamless transition from mission to mission, IMO. Discuss.