The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shards

Szajbov

The whole point of the Shards is to keep you coming back to get more and outfit all your frames slowly. One guaranteed regular and a chance at a Tauforged, per week, and multiply that by 54... yeah, you're going to have to keep churning that grind-stone in order to get even close.

And that's exactly how DE maintains a player base; the people that just can't give up on the idea of getting their roster completely filled out, and builds fully maxed.

8 hours ago, Szajbov said:

Hello i have 17 blue shards, 11 yellow shards and 2 red shards, can you make it tradable or something?

Are those your totals or  the numbers you have unslotted?  For me it's  11 / 5 / 10 that are free.  I love using those yellows.

I wouldn't object to them being made tradable  (and I'd actually be super curious to have the window into how different shards are valued by the trading population) but I really don't see that happening.

A transmutation recipe might be more realistic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Keep going. A year from now all your warframes will be outfitted with 5x Tau Forged shards. Wait... you are going to keep playing warframe until next year right?

I must play 5 years to have all frames fitted by red shards, cause other shards is useless

50 minutes ago, Szajbov said:

I must play 5 years to have all frames fitted by red shards, cause other shards is useless

If the others are useless then opening up trading is itself useless because no one will trade you their useful shards.

See you in 5 years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Szajbov said:

Well now, you're missing a lot of build potential...

Blue shards are semi-useless, but being able to drop armour on some frames that have abilities that work with Armour is often more useful than the Strength shard you would use in its place. Also Energy Max can be used to replace Flow on a build that uses a lot of Energy. Freeing up a mod slot for, say, Augur Secrets is better than putting on a Strength Shard.

And arguably, yellow shards are the Meta right now, with Casting Speed as their major buff (there are so many frames that have long casting times, like the new Dagath, that benefit immensely from casting speed), effectiveness of Energy/Health Orbs (which synergises with the new Equilibrium buff), and Energy Filled On Spawn allows caster frames to get the ball rolling quickly.

While red ones have the more universal buffs of Strength, Duration, Crit Chance (secondaries only), Crit Damage (melee only) and Status Chance (primary only), these can be better achieved with actual mods. The shards can tip you over certain thresholds, true, but they're not the only important shards out there.

I would rather have a full set of Amber Archon Shards, to be honest with you.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Qriist said:

If the others are useless then opening up trading is itself useless because no one will trade you their useful shards.

See you in 5 years!

someone write yellow/blue very good so i give 10 blue for 10 red

Edited by Szajbov