The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath: Hotfix 34.0.5

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Really? That is the big thing you cannot possibly live without?

I mean, I got a lot more. (The list is... VERY long, scarily so.)
I just decide to pelt DE with a new one very so often, honestly should've done this one sooner.

I also love it how people assume "Oh, it doesn't effect you" as if the hundreds of Revenants running around with what can about described as "Peak-Idiot" WOULD be a thorn in my side! Not that I'm surprised, given that the same people who DO assume such are usually the same people causing the problem.
I mean, if it didn't effect me-- maybe I wouldn't be so vocal about it, hm? I'd fix it myself, but DE is in charge of that sadly... so only so much I can do on my own.

Here's a counterpoint for ya, since I'm a FANTASTIC (read: sarcasm) mood right now.
If I was walking past you and suddenly tripped ya, only to show a license saying afterwards that it's "totally fine"-- would be happy with that?

No! You'd be (understandably) annoyed at the minimum.
That's what it's like running into Revenant Players. Causing issues because they don't know any better.

Worst part is that it's merely Mesmer Skin enabling them.
In fact, it baffles me that they can STILL die given how broken it is... yet the fact that I've seen it happen enough for it be close to the triple digits is depressing.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-27 at 7:36 AM, Hexerin said:

Care to elaborate?

In case of mesa: sometimes after casting 4 you are unable to use ranged weapons and abilities(it says "ability in use") until you use a melee weapon once.
In case of mag: sometimes(it seems it depends on casting speed and what kinds of enemies are around) after casting 4 you can't use abilities(it says "ability in use") and melee weapons(but can use ranged) for a few seconds. I've also heard about a similar bug with 1 but didn't get it myself.

Here's the thread btw

Edited by Megazawr
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-27 at 5:40 PM, bl1te said:

Care elaborating? Are there topics with detailed explanation and possible reproduction steps in specific sub-forums?

There's a thread about abilities/weapons lock on certain frames, someone made a video compilation with slams, there's quite a big thread for yareli bugs, a big thread for codex scans bugs, at least a few posts about kahl getting stuck in a rampart and unmodded exalts in duviri. Idk if there are threads about ash bugs(prob yes), waypoints showing wrong direction or lack of spawns in skirmish.

20 minutes ago, Megazawr said:

In case of mesa: sometimes after casting 4 you are unable to use ranged weapons and abilities(it says "ability in use") until you use a melee weapon once.
In case of mag: sometimes(it seems it depends on casting speed and what kinds of enemies are around) after casting 4 you can't use abilities(it says "ability in use") and melee weapons(but can use ranged) for a few seconds. I've also heard about a similar bug with 1 but didn't get it myself.

Here's the thread btw

Yea, this has never happened to me in the several months of all day daily (8+ hours, 7 days a week) of play I had on Mag who has nearly 90% casting speed on Crush and nearly 40% casting speed on everything else. I don't have casting speed on Mesa (she doesn't need it), but I also haven't seen it on her (albeit I have significantly less playtime on her than Mag). I have a feeling this is a client-specific bug, that requires very high latency (ping) to occur.

17 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

that requires very high latency (ping) to occur.

Both mesa and mag bugs happen on host, idk about mirage tho. I get mag's softlock multiple times during long void cascade runs. Mesa's bug is very rare tho, I only got it 2-3 times in the last year(and it def needs no extra casting speed). And I'm also not sure if mag needs casting speed to trigger this bug. I'll upload the video with mag on YT and post it here.

Here it is:

after the 1st cast I shoot kohm (so weapons work fine) and try to use 3rd ability, which happens only after a second, because of "ability in use"
after the 2nd cast I try to use quick melee. I switch to it, but I don't use it right after switching(which usually happens)
I only had +37.5% casting speed(from taurforged yellow shard)

Edited by Megazawr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

Both mesa and mag bugs happen on host, idk about mirage tho. I get mag's softlock multiple times during long void cascade runs. Mesa's bug is very rare tho, I only got it 2-3 times in the last year(and it def needs no extra casting speed). And I'm also not sure if mag needs casting speed to trigger this bug. I'll upload the video with mag on YT and post it here.

Here it is:

after the 1st cast I shoot kohm (so weapons work fine) and try to use 3rd ability, which happens only after a second, because of "ability in use"
after the 2nd cast I try to use quick melee. I switch to it, but I don't use it right after switching(which usually happens)
I only had +37.5% casting speed(from taurforged yellow shard)

Interesting. I'm testing it myself doing what you're doing, and I'm not seeing those results across a dozen attempts. Everything just casts normally.

Video finally finished uploading:

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-27 at 10:28 AM, --N-- said:

If you nuke the map before the game has a chance to spawn void fissures and convert enemies, you won't get enough reactant.

Nova isn't exactly a 'nuke' frame. Especially considering for the last 3 rounds (15 full waves) I let my specter do 90% of the killing. 

If your answer to game design failures is suggest players contort themselves around the failure... idk what to tell you.

On 2023-10-30 at 9:20 PM, Furyk-Karede said:

If your answer to game design failures is suggest players contort themselves around the failure... idk what to tell you.

No, but like you said, we know this isn't a new issue, and we know the workaround for it. I would love for this to be fixed, but I don't actually have issues collecting reactant in defense fissures, I just need to not immediately kill all the enemies on sight.

Earth capture fissures on the other hand...

On 2023-10-30 at 1:20 PM, Furyk-Karede said:

Nova isn't exactly a 'nuke' frame.

There's no "not exactly" about it. She isn't, full stop. She doesn't scale with range, and her only ability that actually deals damage has a fixed range (10m). She's a weapons platform that primarily scales on utility rather than direct damage, and that's it.

Edited by Hexerin