The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ambassador is bad they said. dont use it, they said

Mazifet

I don't know if you meant it this way, but since this is a feedback forum, it'd be easy to interpret yours as  "Ambassador is fine.  Great job, DE."  I hope if anybody from DE  reads it, they don't high 5 themselves and move on.

I find it pretty mediocre for its MR without ragdoll grouping, and that's dumping its regular fire entirely.  Probably would be nice if the weapon as a whole were improved some on a wider variety of builds, particularly in the event of DE deciding ragdoll hitscan AoE / electric status exponential damage shenanigans are a bug that needs to get fixed.

Not that I'd actually expect any improvements to a 2 year old weapon at this point.  But pointless or not, that's my feedback.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

This is why we have trash guns, cause there is always that one person who says theyre actually good.

Honestly I think it almost doesn't matter. Sure, it doesn't help, but the fact is, DE just doesn't balance weapons well.  And they almost never make any adjustments to old, underperforming weapons except via dispo, and the occasional augment or variant.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

This is why we have trash guns, cause there is always that one person who says theyre actually good.

my lato does steel path.

normal lato. no incarnon. 8 forma and a riven. it's hillarious.

i replicated that build onto a lato vandal with incarnon adapter and it may actually be the strongest secondary i have in my arsenal. 

everything is viable if you try hard enough. trash weapons dont exist. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SDGDen said:

my lato does steel path.

normal lato. no incarnon. 8 forma and a riven. it's hillarious.

i replicated that build onto a lato vandal with incarnon adapter and it may actually be the strongest secondary i have in my arsenal. 

everything is viable if you try hard enough. trash weapons dont exist. 

true. people have taken stug to levelcap.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

that literally proves nothing, its only level 130 and it isnt even set to Steelpath modifiers.

right after the vid I tried it with steel path enemies, did pretty much the same thing. also ran it in steel path survival, was extremely effective.

I can admit the ambassador isn't the best weapon, I'm not claiming it is. However in pretty much all content everything is viable. Weapons like burston may be better than it, but that doesn't change the fact ambassador is still a solid weapon, and can actually perform very well if you give it a bit of help.

• Like 1

I think its more accurate to say people found it disappointing and underwhelming. Not necessarily that its outright bad. 

Whats the difference? Well your hype for the weapon somewhat explains it... plus have you seen the reload animation? The form change animation? The sound effects? The visual spectacle of the alt fire? Its all incredibly cool right? The gun looks amazing, sounds amazing, is relatively unique in other ways. Stats are a bit underwhelming though, and its ability to function as a weapon on its own, without grouping, or requiring other set ups, on Steel Path... So again, i don't think people necessarily thought it was bad, they just wanted it to be better if that makes sense. Alternox (and maybe the Steflos to some) is a bit similar. Cool looking, sounding, unique weapons with wicked cool reload animations, but unless you are really dedicated to making your build around making the gun work, they can struggle compared to similar weapons in their category. They also usually have some noticeable flaw that seems to hold them back a little. 

I personally like all three weapons, but I understand why some were disappointed and share some of that disappointment too. Like i wouldn't say no, to a buffed up Tenet Ambassador either (Alternox and Steflos will eventually get Primes). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I think its more accurate to say people found it disappointing and underwhelming. Not necessarily that its outright bad. 

Whats the difference? Well your hype for the weapon somewhat explains it... plus have you seen the reload animation? The form change animation? The sound effects? The visual spectacle of the alt fire? Its all incredibly cool right? The gun looks amazing, sounds amazing, is relatively unique in other ways. Stats are a bit underwhelming though, and its ability to function as a weapon on its own, without grouping, or requiring other set ups, on Steel Path... So again, i don't think people necessarily thought it was bad, they just wanted it to be better if that makes sense. Alternox (and maybe the Steflos to some) is a bit similar. Cool looking, sounding, unique weapons with wicked cool reload animations, but unless you are really dedicated to making your build around making the gun work, they can struggle compared to similar weapons in their category. They also usually have some noticeable flaw that seems to hold them back a little. 

I personally like all three weapons, but I understand why some were disappointed and share some of that disappointment too. Like i wouldn't say no, to a buffed up Tenet Ambassador either (Alternox and Steflos will eventually get Primes). 

Alternox is a really good comp.  Except Alternox is like a double dog dare Ambassador: even cooler, and even worse.  And unlike Ambassador, it doesn't really have an esoteric bug / questionable interaction it can leverage.  Or if it does, I haven't heard about it.

But you're right: at least Alternox is pretty much guaranteed to get a better version some day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Alternox is a really good comp.  Except Alternox is like a double dog dare Ambassador: even cooler, and even worse.  And unlike Ambassador, it doesn't really have an esoteric bug / questionable interaction it can leverage.  Or if it does, I haven't heard about it.

But you're right: at least Alternox is pretty much guaranteed to get a better version some day.

One reason I enjoyed SP Circuit a fair bit, is with its various Decree buffs, Alternox can feel like a monstrous and effective weapon with certain combinations (well not just that weapon specifically, but in general). 

At first when I saw people suggesting that Ambassador get a Tenet version, I was a bit... Since it had only just came out, felt like cheating, plus they already had a Tenet skin for the weapon, but now its actually been a few years, so. There have been a few more Primary Arcanes released since then too, and some other small changes, I should revisit my builds for those weapons to see if much has changed. 

I also can't believe we are relatively close to getting a Cedo and Epitaph Prime soon. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Say what you will about the community, they know how to keep a secret.

Haha, sometimes, but overall I'd say hell no.  If it feels that way sometimes, I think it's less the community keeping secrets and more that the game is mechanically convoluted, and there are so many intricacies, inconsistencies, weird interactions, and bugs, nobody can keep track of the bulk of them.

• Like 1