The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In game report/Party Kick

ShadowStarx1

From my experience in playing other MMO's such as World of Warcraft, I'd give a big fat "no" to a vote-to-kick system here in Warframe. People more often than not abuse it to kick players for the most irrelevant reason, such as them being too slow, not brining along a "meta" build for a low-level dungeon (or mission in WF's case), or for doing slightly less damage than other players. All a system like that will do is encourage toxicity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Am 1.11.2023 um 05:24 schrieb ShadowStarx1:

We NEED means to both kick players from party and and In-Game report function to BOOT the jerks who screw up missions

like say the Archon spy which is ruined by those who fliprun though and set off all the traps and alarms which causes autofail.

In Diablo3, Wow, etc. players are kicked "for fun". with unfunny reasons like "lulz" or "sadsak".

and why such nonsense is needed here is unclear to me.
players are short. surv, def you can leave after a few minutes if something doesn't fit.

AND! When someone leaves the game there are usually no new players to replace them...

Gone are the days without solo extract, so there's not really an argument for this system.

I do think there should be an option to blacklist players for matchmaking though. The in game block function only mutes them. I've got too many hours in this game and I can count the number of players who would be on that list on one hand. 

On 2023-12-05 at 6:13 AM, bobthatcherchildsnatcher said:

they should do an in-game poll where we can vote to implement votekick

If this is a secondary account Aww how cute, they wanted their first post on the forums to be bad to the overall game plan.

If you are genuinely a NEW player disregard the above sentence AND Welcome to the game and forums, enjoy your stay and have fun and don't rush the game, stop to smell the roses so to speak. :thumbup:

Also, read the above posts for everything else on why it's bad. :wink:

See everyone I can be polite and an arsehole in one post. :tongue:

Edited by Slayer-.
damn typo

On 2023-10-31 at 11:24 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

We NEED means to both kick players from party and and In-Game report function to BOOT the jerks who screw up missions

like say the Archon spy which is ruined by those who fliprun though and set off all the traps and alarms which causes autofail.

No.

1) we dont "NEED" either. Its not like its some huge ordeal to make a new squad and or try a mission again. Its a minor inconvenience at most. 

2) so how do you draw the line between "jerks who screw up missions" or somebody making an honest mistake or something happening that wasnt even really their fault? Let me guess: you dont, and are the type of person who would rage kick anyone who doesnt play the way you want them to. 

Yeah, no.

Am 4.12.2023 um 20:45 schrieb pantophage:

Gone are the days without solo extract, so there's not really an argument for this system.

I do think there should be an option to blacklist players for matchmaking though. The in game block function only mutes them. I've got too many hours in this game and I can count the number of players who would be on that list on one hand. 

doesn't help though. Block list is too short and too many players play Warframe. This is not a path of exile where the same 50 people are always online.

3 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

doesn't help though. Block list is too short and too many players play Warframe. This is not a path of exile where the same 50 people are always online.

I've never used the feature, I guess I get along with everyone, isn't it up to 100 now? I have no idea.

Gerade eben schrieb Slayer-.:

I've never used the feature, I guess I get along with everyone, isn't it up to 100 now? I have no idea.

I don't use it at the moment either. It's only when you're constantly trading that certain people get annoying if the price is too high or whatever.
But otherwise the people are actually great. Most communication is just “gg”.

Don't think it's necessary. Most missions are quick and it,s never that much of a hassle to put up with other players.

That said  i would like having more options to extract solo or just leave a group and finish the mission alone in situations where you need or want to go.

Plus DE should probably add workarounds for really toxic stuff like having players refusing to activate "Friendship door", hoarding a datapad in stuff like mobile defense blocking everyone else from progressing and outright figuring out alternatives...