The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modular Archwings - Another Dead/Abandoned Feature?

BiancaRoughfin

Swazdo-Lah!

So, its been around 4 Years now since DE first teased their plans on making Modular Archwings, showed us a bunch of concepts of their combinations and parts, also showed us an Glaive type ArchMelee which also fell into the shadows.

Are there any plans to still release this or is this another rotting corpse at the bottom of the plans box?

Spoiler

b3592c4a0382067f56f44a23ec845683.jpg66163742_331175257824446_398306452040161

Out of everything shown above, the only things so far that got into the Game were the Sigma Series Armor Set and the Zundi Pistol Skin which i actually use on my Kitgun.

• Like 2

Most likely, DE shelved this because they couldn't figure out what to do with Archwing (there's so many possiblities too...), then made Railjack which further pushes Archwings to the side in use.

Atm, the only use we really have for Archwings is flying across open worlds and going to and from objectives in railjack, that's pretty much it.

First DE need to actually go back to old content to do it up, make it worthwhile, and expand on it, before they can then bring in more modular stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

First DE need to actually go back to old content to do it up, make it worthwhile, and expand on it, before they can then bring in more modular stuff.

Archwing used to have a reason to play it, between missions to farm Arch-weapons and Elytron to The Jordas Verdict for Arcane Energize. DE decided to remove all that to fast-track players and remove the need to really engage with Archwing much. Railjack is cool and all, but if all that development was spent on Archwing, we could have just had a better Archwing instead of Railjack becoming just another Archwing, if that makes sense. It also doesn't help that DE added Necramechs, K-Drives and Kaithe as well. Variety in vehicles is cool and all, but none of them are really fleshed out. 

As much as I enjoy Archwing for what it is, I have the impression about many things in Warframe that the ship has since sailed for revisiting them. In a way Archwing feels the same to me as Riven Mods , Arbitrations or Sanctuary Onslaught. They're these very old systems that revisiting just doesn't have much prospect towards given how long they've been ignored. DE is too focused on whatever is new, and whatever a new player first encounters. Everything in between is a graveyard or a minefield, depending on your view of things (or both :D).

• Like 1