Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe survivability during operator mode in high level/level cap

mubsmubs

I've read in the wiki that during operator mode, if you have ANY ability active (not just channeled ones), your warframe only gets a 90% DR instead of full invulnerability. I thought this might be the reason I often find my warframe dying, especially in high level (lvl ~1k) void cascade, where I'm often in operator mode and have at least one ability active. Do high level/level cap runners have any strategies in keeping their warframes alive during operator mode?

I usually use vazarin school for high level.

one dash (Sling) keep your warframe/companion invulnerable for 5 seconds.

best thing about it is that it can be reset whenever you dash (Sling) again. And it heals a lot too (100HP/s stackable).

Edited by -AK-Sharkfin

37 minutes ago, -AK-Sharkfin said:

I usually use vazarin school for high level.

one dash (Sling) keep your warframe/companion invulnerable for 5 seconds.

best thing about it is that it can be reset whenever you dash (Sling) again. And it heals a lot too (100HP/s stackable).

Are there any options for non-vazarin users? Also I've noticed that enemies stop targeting the warframe in the simulacrum, but apparently that's not the case outside of sim.

Edited by mubsmubs

The only real universally applicable advice one could give you is to learn the general patterns of the game's AI and thus figure out "safe" places to leave your frame while you do operator things. For a head start on learning this, some important points:

• Enemies will generally only target your frame if it's the first thing they see, which you can manipulate by hopping out of your frame where it'd be in a location they'd have to go out of their way to find.
  • Additionally, if you have a Sentinel for your companion, I've been noticing they almost always prioritize the Sentinel over the frame (until the Sentinel goes incapacitated, of course).
  • If your frame is being targeted, you can usually redirect enemy attention by attacking them with your Operator. It's inconsistent though.

6 hours ago, mubsmubs said:

I've read in the wiki that during operator mode, if you have ANY ability active (not just channeled ones), your warframe only gets a 90% DR instead of full invulnerability. I thought this might be the reason I often find my warframe dying, especially in high level (lvl ~1k) void cascade, where I'm often in operator mode and have at least one ability active. Do high level/level cap runners have any strategies in keeping their warframes alive during operator mode?

I'm not a level cap runner, but I don't think it actually applies to "all" abilities.   Reportedly it's more like all channels, and most or all defensive or offensive buffs,   Sorry, I don't have a list or anything, as it's something I've read and noticed periodically, but never made a point to examine. @Her_Lovely_Tentacles might have more infoormation on this.

That aside, one obvious strat is to turn off abilities or let them expire before going Op.  When this isn't feasible, the less obvious strat is it can be forced by jumping out of bounds or into a nullifier effect first.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not a level cap runner, but I don't think it actually applies to "all" abilities.   Reportedly it's more like all channels, and most or all defensive or offensive buffs,   Sorry, I don't have a list or anything, as it's something I've read and noticed periodically, but never made a point to examine. @Her_Lovely_Tentacles might have more infoormation on this.

Indeed, the penalty mostly applies to things that have an effect that is centered on your Warframe,
even in cases where such a penalty doesn't make any sense:

• all channeled abilities
  • any ability that directly buffs your damage (even if you cannot use those buffs, because you are transferred out)
  • anything that reduces damage dealt to you (even though those abilities are meant to reduce damage, they actually increase it in these circumstances!)
  • abilities that are in the process of being cast (as in: transfering out while there's still a small part of the animation that needs to finish playing; especially noticable on Octavia's abilites, or Ivara's Quiver)

I'm not too certain about invisibility abilities, but I suspect they might qualify as well.
Of course there may be outliers, but this is the general gist of it.

Noteworthy is also that the frame will stay vulnerable even if the condition causing the vulnerability has already worn off.
Only when you return to your frame will vulnerability be reset.

an example of just how annoying this can be:

Considering how confusing and counterintuitive this system is (being punished for having defensive buffs or offensive buffs that cannot even be used while transfered out) as well as inconsistent with its goals (vulnerability not wearing off, still being able to deal damage through abilities that are not centered upon the warframe), this might be a prime candidate for re-evaluation of this system and it's potential removal in the next set of QOL changes.

Edited by Her_Lovely_Tentacles
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Indeed, the penalty mostly applies to things that have an effect that is centered on your Warframe,
even in cases where such a penalty doesn't make any sense:

• all channeled abilities
  • any ability that directly buffs your damage (even if you cannot use those buffs, because you are transferred out)
  • anything that reduces damage dealt to you (even though those abilities are meant to reduce damage, they actually increase it in these circumstances!)
  • abilities that are in the process of being cast (as in: transfering out while there's still a small part of the animation that needs to finish playing; especially noticable on Octavia's abilites, or Ivara's Quiver)

Many thanks for this info. I might have to test with utility abilities like dispensary at some point.

1 hour ago, mubsmubs said:

Many thanks for this info. I might have to test with utility abilities like dispensary at some point.

1 hour ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Dispensary should be fine, since it is not physically centered on your Warframe, it is an independent object that is spawned and that does its own thing

Dispensary doesn't strip the invuln, no.

0de9cf601ef0293cc5f78969c95b8195.jpg