The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy leech eximus strikes again. Energy leech aura bypasses arcane nullifier.

Highasafly

As far as i know after eximus rework i didn't have trouble with energy leech eximus because of their visual attack and arcane nullifier but after the release of kullervo, i find the energy drain aura severely affecting my energy pool. I am sure its not because i got ento the leech pool. Has it always been this way or was there recent change how it works again?

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Two possibilities here:

1. Straight-up bug

2. The bubbles still deal a small amount of Magnetic damage, and thanks to some older code that drains energy independently of the Magnetic proc. This can also be seen against Ancient Disruptors 

There were no bubbles at all. That's why i'm bamboozled.

Do you ever see the magnetic UI distortion with Nullifier equipped?  Are you specifically having the problem against Infested?  If you're using Arcane Nullifier the possibility that comes to mind is you're experiencing  an Ancient Disruptor aura, not energy leech/magnetic procs. (Disruptors do have a potential magnetic proc on their arm attack, but this is only an additional and relatively minor source of their energy drain.)

I just did a quick test in the Sim and experienced no drain at all with Nullifier on against Energy Leech Butchers.  When I changed that to a couple of Disruptors and some Runners (no Eximus), all units could drain my energy by striking as long as I was near a Disruptor.  Which would be the expected behavior.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

Nope, steel path survival at Ani with kullervo. There was no ui distruption from magnetic status. All enemies were slowed with cold procs from epitaph + rad and viral procs. I even had silence on kullervo as well.

I had the same issues in sp survival in Selkie, Sedna with the same setup as well.

Edited by Highasafly

12 minutes ago, Highasafly said:

Nope, steel path survival at Ani with kullervo. There was no ui distruption from magnetic status. All enemies were slowed with cold procs from epitaph + rad and viral procs. I even had silence on kullervo as well.

I had the same issues in sp survival in Selkie, Sedna with the same setup as well.

Ah, Kullervo.  So...I have very rarely experienced some energy drain on him even with Recompense Overguard up, which is supposed to provide immunity to both magnetic procs and the Disruptor energy drain.   I've only noticed this against Infested, so I assumed it was a Disruptor bug.  But it's been rare enough maybe I just haven't run into other instances of it.

I'm curious why you're running Nullifier on him though?  I have a build  I do this with when going against Infested, but it's one where I have Recompense replaced.

27 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

(Disruptors do have a potential magnetic proc on their arm attack, but this is only an additional and relatively minor source of their energy drain.)

Just to add, in my experience this is a major source of energy drain if you get hit by it; here's a video of a Hysteria'd Valkyr getting entirely drained of 380 energy from a single hit:

10 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ah, Kullervo.  So...I have very rarely experienced some energy drain on him even with Recompense Overguard up, which is supposed to provide immunity to both magnetic procs and the Disruptor energy drain.   I've only noticed this against Infested, so I assumed it was a Disruptor bug.  But it's been rare enough maybe I just haven't run into other instances of it.

I'm curious why you're running Nullifier on him though?  I have a build  I do this with when going against Infested, but it's one where I have Recompense replaced.

Cause he is my go to frame to level up melee ( hate, dual ichor, all weapons from teshin's cave) and fun all around.. 15 mins of  solo Ani and everything is maxed. So i noticed energy drain and slapped on nullifier which didn't solve the issue and i slapped silence which didn't either. :sad:

Edited by Highasafly
Changed dual toxicyst to dual ichor

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Just to add, in my experience this is a major source of energy drain if you get hit by it; here's a video of a Hysteria'd Valkyr getting entirely drained of 380 energy from a single hit:

The problem is i'm getting drained of energy without getting attacked by distruptor or its allied units. When i kill the energy leech eximus unit, its back up. Its purely cause of energy leech aura and not cause of its attack. I thought nullifier migitated it or al least silence would. None of them seem to work.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

That's the aura ganking your energy.  Magnetic procs only drain 80 maximum and don't do it instantly. 

Also you're immune to them in Hysteria. :P

34 minutes ago, Highasafly said:

Cause he is my go to frame to level up melee ( hate, dual toxicyst, all weapons from teshin's cave) and fun all around.. 15 mins of  solo Ani and everything is maxed. So i noticed energy drain and slapped on nullifier which didn't solve the issue and i slapped silence which didn't either. :sad:

Yeah, definitely a bug when he's got Overguard up.  Since you're seeing it against Corrupted that throws out the Disruptor idea.  I guess the next thing to ask is whether you're positive there is always an energy leech around, or if it's possible it's something even weirder causing the problem.  Since you said you're not even seeing "bubbles" it makes me wonder.

Edited by Tiltskillet

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's the aura ganking your energy.  Magnetic procs only drain 80 maximum and don't do it instantly. 

Also you're immune to them in Hysteria. :P

How exactly does the aura work?  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it.  I would assume that it would drain at a constant rate while within a certain proximity of the Eximus?  But if that's the case, it doesn't seem like that's what's happening in the video (which is 1 year old, in case that context matters).

I just watched the video at 25% speed and it looks like there's a single giant energy drain that coincides with the arm attack, and then the Valkyr is still within that same range of the Eximus while picking up an energy orb, but the energy from that orb doesn't seem to be draining at all.  This makes me question what's going on.

If you're correct, though, maybe you can give it a watch and pinpoint what I'm misunderstanding, or at least what's actually happening?  I just want to understand it ^^;

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

How exactly does the aura work?  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it.  I would assume that it would drain at a constant rate while within a certain proximity of the Eximus?  But if that's the case, it doesn't seem like that's what's happening in the video (which is 1 year old, in case that context matters).

I just watched the video at 25% speed and it looks like there's a single giant energy drain that coincides with the arm attack, and then the Valkyr is still within that same range of the Eximus while picking up an energy orb, but the energy from that orb doesn't seem to be draining at all.  This makes me question what's going on.

If you're correct, though, maybe you can give it a watch and pinpoint what I'm misunderstanding, or at least what's actually happening?  I just want to understand it ^^;

The wiki's description matches what I've seen in the past.    Bolding the most important bits:

Grants a passive aura to itself and allies within 10m. Affected units will have a purple glow. The aura grants three effects:

• Reduces damage received from Warframe powers by 90%.
    • Does not stack with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras.
  • Reduces the duration of Warframe abilities on on affected units by 75%.
    • This effect stacks multiplicatively with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras. With enough of them near each other in a given area, this can allow them and other infested affected by their aura to ignore certain crowd control abilites such as VaubanIcon272 Vauban's Bastille130xWhite Bastille.
  • On hitting a Warframe, drains energy equal to 25% of the attack's damage (this is separate from the DmgMagneticSmall64 Magnetic Status Effect).
    • This effect stacks additively with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras.
    • Energy drained is affected by certain forms of Damage Reduction.

I'll add that a quick Sim test shows it's  based on damage before that damage is negated by Hysteria.  (And I probably shouldn't have made fun of you. :P ) 

This doesn't happen with Mesmer, so maybe that has something to do with Valk's damage storage feedback mechanic?  Seems plausible as a guess.   Otherwise nothing I see in the video makes me doubt the conclusion it's the aura.  The drain is too high to be magnetic, and you don't show a magnetic debuff on your screen or in your status bar.

Anyway, because it scales with enemy damage and multiple Disruptors, besides being an aura that can affect a lot of potential units and their attacks, it's a much bigger deal than magnetic procs/Energy Leech at sufficient levels.  Of course Infested be like...

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Grants a passive aura to itself and allies within 10m. Affected units will have a purple glow. The aura grants three effects:

Ah, I think I understand now.  So the "aura" itself isn't something that directly affects the player, it's enemies with the aura hitting the player with any attack?  That makes sense to me!

58 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'll add that a quick Sim test shows it's  based on damage before that damage is negated by Hysteria.  (And I probably shouldn't have made fun of you. :P ) 

Haha, I appreciate the apology energy here!  We're all good ^^

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

The wiki's description matches what I've seen in the past.    Bolding the most important bits:

• Reduces damage received from Warframe powers by 90%.
    • Does not stack with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras.
  • Reduces the duration of Warframe abilities on on affected units by 75%.
    • This effect stacks multiplicatively with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras. With enough of them near each other in a given area, this can allow them and other infested affected by their aura to ignore certain crowd control abilites such as VaubanIcon272 Vauban's Bastille130xWhite Bastille.
  • On hitting a Warframe, drains energy equal to 25% of the attack's damage (this is separate from the DmgMagneticSmall64 Magnetic Status Effect).
    • This effect stacks additively with multiple Ancient Disruptor auras.
    • Energy drained is affected by certain forms of Damage Reduction.

This doesn't happen with Mesmer, so maybe that has something to do with Valk's damage storage feedback mechanic?  Seems plausible as a guess.   Otherwise nothing I see in the video makes me doubt the conclusion it's the aura.  The drain is too high to be magnetic, and you don't show a magnetic debuff on your screen or in your status bar.

Anyway, because it scales with enemy damage and multiple Disruptors, besides being an aura that can affect a lot of potential units and their attacks, it's a much bigger deal than magnetic procs/Energy Leech at sufficient levels.  Of course Infested be like...

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

The wiki's description is correct, that is how the aura woks. Of note but not mentioned, is that the Ancient Disruptor's aura is a persistent effect around it, always active on all of its allies in its range. This is unlike the Ancient Healer's aura, which is a periodic pulse.

Also yes, the reason that Valkyr gets affected by it is because of the damage storage mechanic. This is also why Valkyr can make use of various arcanes that trigger on taking hits, like Arcane Avenger, as the stored damage is still "damage taken" for these kinds of things.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think I understand now.  So the "aura" itself isn't something that directly affects the player, it's enemies with the aura hitting the player with any attack?

I don't know about any, not having tried to test that.  But I would expect it to affect normal attacks.  Eximus, ranged, and special attacks (and Infested have some odd ones) I'd want to look at individually.

38 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know about any, not having tried to test that.  But I would expect it to affect normal attacks.  Eximus, ranged, and special attacks (and Infested have some odd ones) I'd want to look at individually.

From what I've been able to tell in passing, it only affects their direct attacks (so for 90% of the faction, it's a melee thing). I think the Crawler spitball can drain you, but it's such a rare attack that I can't say for sure. I know none of their abilities (what few the faction have) are capable of draining you. This includes things like the goo spray from the MOAs, and also extends to all the Eximus abilities.

• Like 1