The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archons dodging bows most of the time?

TronionX

When was this added and are there any ways to get past that? I can't find anything about it in the abyss of dagath patch notes and it's kind of annoying since i wanted to see if using a bow for archons would be alright but they just seem to dodge the arrow 90% of the time

• Like 3

They adjusted the archons recently, changing/reducing the tedious damage attentation mechanic to something more skill based. But still hard hitting 1shot weapons are not good idea, that includes bows and most snipers. You want the same thing as for Lephantis. Lots of damage instances in short time (think classic pellet shotguns, smgs, ars).

Update 34 | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom under Archon Hunt Damage Attenuation Changes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Sounds more like you're just missing your shots.

I would like that if that was the case, but they just teleport away whenever i shoot them

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

You could try using Cinta since it's perfect shot has a really wide hitbox. Should also probably be using projectile speed in the exilus slot of your bow since there's not much else worth putting there anyways.

The cinta is what i'm using, tho i was going for the full charged shots since they do better with single target damage, interestingly, the archon doesn't teleport away from the perfect shot?

Give me a little bit, gonna record what i'm talking about and post it since it doesn't seem to be that well known, might also actually turn out to be a bug or something

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

You could try using Cinta since it's perfect shot has a really wide hitbox. Should also probably be using projectile speed in the exilus slot of your bow since there's not much else worth putting there anyways.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

wait archons can dodge? in my experience they either die before they get chance or just try to face-tank everything lol. still, bows aren't really the optimal choice for killing them.. shame since bows have always been fun in this game. 

Here's what i meant, it's not me missing the shots, the archon just teleports away most of the time like an enderman when the arrow is about to hit.

https://imgur.com/a/EvS8gB8

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

They adjusted the archons recently, changing/reducing the tedious damage attentation mechanic to something more skill based. But still hard hitting 1shot weapons are not good idea, that includes bows and most snipers. You want the same thing as for Lephantis. Lots of damage instances in short time (think classic pellet shotguns, smgs, ars).

Update 34 | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom under Archon Hunt Damage Attenuation Changes

I know about this, but i can't find anything mentioning the archons now having the ability to dodge arrows for some reason

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TronionX said:

Give me a little bit, gonna record what i'm talking about and post it since it doesn't seem to be that well known, might also actually turn out to be a bug or something

Yeah, Kengineer mentioned it too.  Check out the first few seconds of this video:

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

IN A MANNER OF SPEAKING, YES. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, Kengineer mentioned it too.  Check out the first few seconds of this video:

IN A MANNER OF SPEAKING, YES. :P

Oh, hopefully that gets fixed soon then cuz i really wanna be able to use my bows on something strong

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TronionX said:

Here's what i meant, it's not me missing the shots, the archon just teleports away most of the time like an enderman when the arrow is about to hit.

I know about this, but i can't find anything mentioning the archons now having the ability to dodge arrows for some reason

Wow. Yeah that's messed up.

Feels like DE has hated bows since as long as I've been playing cus, with the exception of explosive bows which are virtually indistinguishable from launchers aside from appearance, Bows have always universally just been worse picks than guns (this applies 1000x more to thrown secondaries). Nataruk was the closest the game ever got to a bow being a top tier end game weapon. That's more or less a confirmation that DE disproportionately punishes bow players.

Kinda sad cus the prospect that I could play through the game without ever using a gun was one of my primary motivations to even start playing, as someone who hated shooters prior.

Hopefully DE does something about it. But given the lack of people that use bows, and the fact that this change was made because of an exploit, I really don't see it getting enough attention for DE to fix the issue. Unless it affects all projectile class weapons.

• Like 1

6 часов назад, TronionX сказал:

It looks exactly like mechanics from the quest slipped through to regular gameplay. Archons used to blink from nataruk's non-perfect shots during quest (back at the quest release, i don't know if they changed it afterwards)

Edited by deucich
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, deucich said:

It looks exactly like mechanics from the quest slipped through to regular gameplay. Archons used to blink from nataruk's non-perfect shots during quest (back at the quest release, i don't know if they changed it afterwards)

OH! Yeah that would make sense, would also explain why the cinta perfect shot also works fine.