Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did dead enemies use to stay on the ground and not disappear?

ArtCommissions

Hi everyone.

I started playing WF on PS4 5 or 6 years ago (cannot remember) but what drew me to the game is the game loop, that is, grinding for materials and building more stuff, and that I can keep cutting dead enemies into parts and their body parts stay on the ground. I then played a new account on PC so I can actually aim properly (with a mouse) and actually shoot something, but stopped due to military and work thereafter.

I am back in WF, I realised that the enemies disappear shortly after I kill them. Slashing their dead bodies doesn't feel like the attacks connect, and the ragdoll physics seems to have worsen. Is it me or did something change?

Sorry for this random question, not really gameplay related but it is still related to the game so I don't really know where to post it. 

Enemies disappear for 2 reasons: 

1 - Having thousands of dead enemy models on the ground takes processing power, especially if ragdoll is still active.

2 - Having the entire floor be covered with dead enemies like Payday 2 looks bad.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, ArtCommissions said:

Did dead enemies use to stay on the ground and not disappear?

They always disappeared. Usually the body remains on the floor for a few seconds before vanishing, depending on the weapon or ability that kills the enemy, they are vaporized instantly.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ArtCommissions said:

Hi everyone.

I started playing WF on PS4 5 or 6 years ago (cannot remember) but what drew me to the game is the game loop, that is, grinding for materials and building more stuff, and that I can keep cutting dead enemies into parts and their body parts stay on the ground. I then played a new account on PC so I can actually aim properly (with a mouse) and actually shoot something, but stopped due to military and work thereafter.

I am back in WF, I realised that the enemies disappear shortly after I kill them. Slashing their dead bodies doesn't feel like the attacks connect, and the ragdoll physics seems to have worsen. Is it me or did something change?

Sorry for this random question, not really gameplay related but it is still related to the game so I don't really know where to post it. 

Nah its the same. Enemies now have more unique death animations, thats it.

Before they had like 2 or ragdoll. Now they have a bunch of them, and the ragdoll only happens based on the type of damage you dealt (like Impact and Blast) or the type of projectile.

4 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Before they had like 2 or ragdoll. Now they have a bunch of them, and the ragdoll only happens based on the type of damage you dealt (like Impact and Blast) or the type of projectile.

Will only be satisfied the day DE makes an enemy with a death sequence as dramatic as this:

Spoiler

:V

• Like 2

Corpses have always had a 15 Second expiry timer, sometimes shortened for special scenarios like certain Abilities or Channeling Kills when that was a thing, Et Cetera.
you may notice less Corpses around than you recall probably because you're Killing Enemies faster on average now than you were Years ago.

5 hours ago, Mazifet said:

2 - Having the entire floor be covered with dead enemies like Payday 2 looks bad.

it looks wonderful in Killing Floor 2, though. i allow 200 Corpses, lots of extra Blood pools and splatters, lots of extra smashed body chunks/giblets/Et Cetera, and for a greatly extended lifetime.
fits the theme well there, the entire play area gets covered with literal piles of Corpses as they get cut down.
:)

19 hours ago, Mazifet said:

Having the entire floor be covered with dead enemies like Payday 2 looks bad.

I'd say that's a matter of opinion: sometimes it's nice to admire your handywork, and also get a reminder of just how many grunts the factions tend to throw away in their futile attempts to kill a single tenno. 

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Will only be satisfied the day DE makes an enemy with a death sequence as dramatic as this:

plot twist: it's a boss with a monologue to rival that of Corrupted Vor and Lotus won't let you extract until after the screaming stops. say goodbye to your speedruns lol 

Not quite on topic, but does anyone else miss the old Melee Channelling kill effect? When killed by a channelled strike, enemies would disintegrate outward from the point of the killing blow.

I kinda wish they'd made it the kill effect for Void damage.

Am 13.11.2023 um 16:07 schrieb ArtCommissions:

Hi everyone.

They optimize engines all the time. and fps for the look is extremely good.
therefore no wonder