Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

forum server problems?

dangerdragon117

Question

9 answers to this question

I mean it does hold up sometimes, depending on the circumstances.

I notice it most commonly when reporting a post. It usually hangs for a good 10 seconds after pressing submit.

Another area is when you attempt to open up the forums after booting up the browser, don't know the circumstances yet, it will hiccup and sign you out.

If I am using up all my bandwidth it gives me an error message of "community not available now" which I know is an issue on my end not theirs. That sounds like the main thing you are noticing, just reload to fix it. And maybe try figuring out if there is something that is chewing up all your bandwidth that is preventing it from dedicating resources to loading the webpage.

As for the off-topic and other long loading times, probably something on the page that is causing that sub-forum to take longer to load than usual. For the off-topic sub-forum I imagine that post with 14K comments lags it a lot.

perhaps once in a while. a couple Days ago it wouldn't load, so i tried again a few Minutes later and it was fine.
this symptom seems to be quite rare from my perspective, rare enough that it would be difficult to even figure out who would be at fault in each case, aside from the times when the Forum is actually down for everyone for an extended period. which is similarly just as rare from my experience.

9 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

is anyone else having connectivity issues?

it takes a long time to connect, and then I get "community availability issues"

anyone know whats going on?

I noticed this too

Specifically with players helping players

General discussion works fine, but players helping players never loads

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP PLAYERS?