Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steflos reminds me of the Lotus

MarsInAres

The actual gun has some physical traits that heavily remind me of the Lotus and her floaty pod, https://imgur.com/a/QOeRlGg

and the actual VFX is a literal lotus shape. 

Apart from the sound effect of crystals when reloading, it literally has no relation to Citrine. 

Anyone agree or have any ideas about if this gun does have ties or references to the Lotus?

Edit: Maybe it was a gun that would have been gifted to the Tenno by the Lotus after the happenings of 

Spoiler

The New War and her emancipation

Edited by MarsInAres
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MarsInAres said:

The actual gun has some physical traits that heavily remind me of the Lotus and her floaty pod

Ah, good eye. Glad to see the art team is getting back to their roots

Early Warframes has the Lotus symbol hidden on their bodies (to my knowledge they dropped this after a while) to say nothing of the Dex items which have the Lotus shape front and center

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Steflos needs a buff more than anything: it's like if the Arca Plasmor was injected with Stug DNA. 

Tenno: "space-mom, can we have Arca Plasmor?

Lotus: "no we have Arca Plasmor at home"

Arca Plasmor at home: *tacky-colored Steflos with a crap build*

I fully expect Steflos Prime to increase the crit chance and status chance, but that doesn't matter much if it still has the low damage and immediate falloff to zero damage. Like seriously, compare the Steflos to the Arca Plasmor, a gun that is doing the same thing and thus should be nearly identical:

Arca Plasmor vs Steflos

• 600 vs 320 damage
  • 22% vs 14% crit chance
  • 1.60x vs 2.20x crit multiplier
  • 28% vs 22% status chance
  • 10m-20m vs 8m-16m falloff range
  • 100%-33% vs 100%-3% damage falloff

It does half the damage, with half the chance to crit, lower chance to status, lower range, faster falloff, and falloff basically zeroes the damage. The literal only thing it does better is crit multiplier, but that doesn't matter because the crit chance is nothing.

Like sure, it has 3x the fire rate (1.10 vs 3.00), but that doesn't matter when you have to shoot 2-3 times more for the same output... and have significantly less ammo pool. Its projectile also moves at a third of the rate (60m/s vs 20m/s), so the range extension gimmick is inconsistent at best.

On 2023-11-17 at 6:26 PM, Hexerin said:

Arca Plasmor vs Steflos

Do remember: the devs don't even bother to make every gun equally viable. I'm not just talking Primes vs Not Prime here, they literally made the Steflos worse than the Plasmor on purpose.

Why?

Because its mastery rank is lower. Granted I think the Steflos's MR should be even lower, but it still makes it pretty clear, its lower stats were not an oversight or an accident