Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen and Cross Platform Save

[DE]Taylor

2 hours ago, (XBOX)SICKwildNtwsted said:

So I have only ever played Warframe on Xbox. I now only play on PC and have not played Warframe since I switched. Will I be able to bring that account to my PC even though I never made a PC account before?

I believe this is where you would Link the account. When you start Warframe on PC you would link you Xbox as the main account so that your Xbox account overwrites the PC account and you can play the Xbox account on your PC. There are other replies that explain it better, but I figured with the update actually out everything will be fully explained next week.

edit: I forgot to mention that linking accounts doesn't apply to the NOV 24 dateline, that was for merging which is combining two accounts into one

Edited by (NSW)SoupySoup
grammar and further explanation

why couldn't they do a system where the data of platinum spent on tennogen is saved then the artist is paid every month depending on how much skins were sold, so that would allow people who traded plat to get the tennogen skin without having to pay and the artist is still paid for their work as someone has already paid for the plat AND solve the tennogen being platform blocked, i think making us pay something multiple times is kinda greedy and anti consumer, i can see what Tencent has done to you DE

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (NSW)LeoMK said:

why couldn't they do a system where the data of platinum spent on tennogen is saved then the artist is paid every month depending on how much skins were sold, so that would allow people who traded plat to get the tennogen skin without having to pay and the artist is still paid for their work as someone has already paid for the plat AND solve the tennogen being platform blocked, i think making us pay something multiple times is kinda greedy and anti consumer, i can see what Tencent has done to you DE

Tennogen comes from Steam, would this benefit Steam too? I’m thinking it could, as they already do this for console. The only problem with this suggestion is we need the tennogen creators to agree with this. 

22 hours ago, (NSW)LeoMK said:

Except plat doesn't have a fixed price between discounts from bundles, sales, and coupons. Cross save especially muddies this since players could use the better PC coupons then spend that plat on Xbox/PSN Tennogen. Meaning DE either needs to pay out a fixed fee on every sale while receiving less themselves, the artists need to get paid a reduced fee depending on what value of plat was used, all Tennogen for plat needs to be massively price hiked to match equal value based on the cheapest possible plat, or plat Tennogen needs to be purchasable with only full-priced plat.

Plus DE already has contracts with the artists who have their content on consoles as they agreed to being paid a one-time sum to have their content on consoles. So any changes there would mean renegotiating agreements with all those artists and renegotiating the agreements with any PC only artists as well. On top of any potential contracts DE already has/would need to make with the platform stores.

I agree that DE's solution isn't ideal but converting plat back into cash to pay out just isn't some simple solution either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trst said:

Except plat doesn't have a fixed price between discounts from bundles, sales, and coupons. Cross save especially muddies this since players could use the better PC coupons then spend that plat on Xbox/PSN Tennogen. Meaning DE either needs to pay out a fixed fee on every sale while receiving less themselves, the artists need to get paid a reduced fee depending on what value of plat was used, all Tennogen for plat needs to be massively price hiked to match equal value based on the cheapest possible plat, or plat Tennogen needs to be purchasable with only full-priced plat.

Plus DE already has contracts with the artists who have their content on consoles as they agreed to being paid a one-time sum to have their content on consoles. So any changes there would mean renegotiating agreements with all those artists and renegotiating the agreements with any PC only artists as well. On top of any potential contracts DE already has/would need to make with the platform stores.

I agree that DE's solution isn't ideal but converting plat back into cash to pay out just isn't some simple solution either.

Indeed.  I was going to suggest that DE offer an "xtra plat" option that would offer the plat needed to buy the items on console for a slightly higher cost. 

It sounds like an easy compromise. But I doubt the console platforms would be okay with that knowing that the plat was purchased on PC.

• Like 1

You plan for merging of old tennogen seems good. But if any character customisation that uses tennogen doesn't move from platform to platform then I foresee the market for tennogen among cross platform players becoming much smaller. I can't imagine having a fully customised character on one platform then all that customisation disappearing on every other platform. Nor can I imagine shelling out for the same cosmetic on both. Players who care about cosmetics have a decision to make: ignore future tennogen or ignore cross platform play.

• Like 3

It was a really bad decision to lock Tennogen to the platform early. However, Cross-Save has been delayed in launching. I can't buy a single Tennogen before it is launched, and the day when we can play it on PC is still uncertain. It was originally guaranteed to be completed within 2023, but in the end, only the founders can experience Cross Save in 2023.

On 2023-11-24 at 1:27 PM, Voltage said:

Oh I read the FAQ. I just think it's really disingenuous to give no heads up and then use this FAQ as their "transparency". Cross-save with time limited accessibility is a big yikes and ruins the entire point of the transfer to begin with. "Getting in early" bonuses for this milestone feature defeats the entire point of adding it to begin with.

its kinda shady

ive got a related concern that i havent seen an answer for, might have been but i havent spotted it

ive got profiles on all four systems with purchases on each, mostly the console exclusive skins, i wont lose those right? they just wont be usable unless im logging into that specific system.  and for my switch profile its got an extra wrinkle, its old enough for the cutoff, but that the problem, its a day one pc migrated account which is specifically noted as being excluded, how do my purchases on there work?

Edited by nickle241

come on where's cross save don't do this again please..... this should not have happened the fact that u can add a whole update warfare but release cross save in waves? make it make since warframe i love yall seriously and i just wanna be able to play my game with all the man hrs i put into it i know yall hate your older fanbase but we still here and we love u i look foward to playing when cross save drops.

Edited by ltezzy0082

4 hours ago, (PSN)oHyAwilson said:

It was a really bad decision to lock Tennogen to the platform early. However, Cross-Save has been delayed in launching. I can't buy a single Tennogen before it is launched, and the day when we can play it on PC is still uncertain. It was originally guaranteed to be completed within 2023, but in the end, only the founders can experience Cross Save in 2023.

"our intention is to have Cross Platform Save in everyone’s hands in 2023."

On 2023-11-29 at 3:13 PM, (NSW)Spicy_DX said:

What if I choose to link my NSW account to PC?

Don't if you have 2 accounts. This causes your NSW account to be deleted and lost, and then you only have the PC account in name, which becomes a WF account.

MERGE your accounts, ALWAYS. There's no reason they should offer the linking system. Linking literally deletes your items and you lose them. Merging actually merges your items into a single account.

Your account is then turned into a Warframe Account, which is accessable on all platforms, it's no longer a "Pc" or "NSW" account, it's just a WF account

17 hours ago, ltezzy0082 said:

come on where's cross save don't do this again please..... this should not have happened the fact that u can add a whole update warfare but release cross save in waves? make it make since warframe i love yall seriously and i just wanna be able to play my game with all the man hrs i put into it i know yall hate your older fanbase but we still here and we love u i look foward to playing when cross save drops.

Cross save is a very fickle thing. If they rush it, they'll break peoples accounts, and that's something DE cannot afford. Cross play took 3 months to fully release testing, and longer to be fully stable, about 4ish months.

Cross save is even worse due to the fact they're now manipulating the accounts themselves for accessability, which can have catastrophic problems. You HAVE to be patient with it, lest you risk losing your account.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Don't if you have 2 accounts. This causes your NSW account to be deleted and lost, and then you only have the PC account in name, which becomes a WF account.

MERGE your accounts, ALWAYS. There's no reason they should offer the linking system. Linking literally deletes your items and you lose them. Merging actually merges your items into a single account.

Your account is then turned into a Warframe Account, which is accessable on all platforms, it's no longer a "Pc" or "NSW" account, it's just a WF account

Cross save is a very fickle thing. If they rush it, they'll break peoples accounts, and that's something DE cannot afford. Cross play took 3 months to fully release testing, and longer to be fully stable, about 4ish months.

Cross save is even worse due to the fact they're now manipulating the accounts themselves for accessability, which can have catastrophic problems. You HAVE to be patient with it, lest you risk losing your account.

this mighta been a good excuse 3-4 years ago

Edited by (XBOX)lolmasterofROFL

I'm trying to figure out how I can merge my accounts. I played on my PS4 years and years ago for just a tiny bit. I played mostly on the Switch and that is where 99% of my progress is. But now I am wanting to play on my PS5 since it performs so much better.

I never created a PC Warframe account so I did that earlier today. How do I merge the accounts? When I go to account management for both accounts there is no option listed to link/merge. Just don't want to miss out on this opportunity. 

I'm curious if at all it's possible for someone on console whose able to buy/gift tennogen stuff with platinum is able to gift them to a PC player and whether or not it's against the terms of service, because it would feel so. 

And then another question, why doesn't DE do the same thing their doing with console tennogen stuff with PC too? 

DE pays the artists behind tennogen to have that stuff on console to be bought with plat. 

Then why not do the same with PC? 

• Like 1