The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Experience Thoughts — Pt. 1 The Good

(XBOX)psyoniko

I've never not succeeded on a kaithe race, but that horse does feel really clunky to me and I don't like it. It seems to bug out sometimes and heads straight up no matter what I tell it to do, unless that's some mechanic that I don't understand yet. It doesn't stop me from progressing, but it also doesn't make me excited about having to use the horse.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LRonHoover said:

I've never not succeeded on a kaithe race, but that horse does feel really clunky to me and I don't like it. It seems to bug out sometimes and heads straight up no matter what I tell it to do, unless that's some mechanic that I don't understand yet. It doesn't stop me from progressing, but it also doesn't make me excited about having to use the horse.

Jump..then dash and it won't go straight up

On 2024-03-09 at 10:50 PM, UnstarPrime said:

The choice is yours, but if you're interested in having any manner of dialogue with anyone, a little shift in your tactics will go a long way.

Where did I indicate that I'm interested in having dialog with anyone?

Most of replies are, predictably, white knighters who come by to brag that they're good at something and tell me me I'm bad at it, which has nothing to do with my statement that these are the reasons I say Warframe does not respect my time.

On 2024-03-09 at 10:50 PM, UnstarPrime said:

I can understand why someone wouldn't enjoy the Kaithe races, as the aerial controls for the Kaithe are already pretty clunky, and that's before taking into account that you're trying to shoot targets between every waypoint.  The result is an experience where you can see the foundation for fun, but the polish just isn't there to get it across the finish line.  I love the K-drive races, so it's a bit sad that Kaithes didn't get the love they needed to make aerial movement feel more fluid and smooth.

You are correct the flying horsey race is dumb and the opposite of fun. I don't know why you would enjoy K-drive races, maybe you're just bored with Warframe.

On 2024-03-09 at 11:41 PM, Lord_Drod said:

The kaithe races are so easy. Get gud!  They take like 30 seconds.  I wish they were more complicated.  And to say drifter combat is more enjoyable is laughable.  The worst stages in duviri are the ones where drifter has to fight.  The combat is terrible and not one of them can be completed faster than a kaithe race.  If you stack decrees, there is no combat.  I am right and you are wrong.

You are wrong. Of course kaithe races are easy, but they're not fun. Drifter combat is totally fun, especially if you stack so many decree the enemies evaporate before you even touch them.

On 2024-03-10 at 2:16 AM, CrownOfShadows said:

Way back when the kaithe races were bugged and not released yet I said that I hoped they wouldn't follow the same gate format as always, and man was I disappointed to find they did. I don't like this race mechanic at all. If they ever do another open world and want to do races again I hope they take a fresh look at the system.

I still maintain that what they should've done is a ground-only race, the 4 of you against like 8 dax riders, just powering over terrain - that woulda been fantastic, it woulda been a real race and played into the whole horse aesthetic nicely. Such a missed opportunity. If it was like that it probably would've been one of my favorite mini-games in Duviri, alas it is my least favorite.

(Also I think it's worth noting that I believe kaithe racing is significantly harder when using a controller)

You are correct.

On 2024-03-10 at 6:14 AM, LRonHoover said:

You are correct. If you fail at the course you can keep going back until you get it right, or you can leave Duviri and take the loss, but that is not fun and makes a grinding game way worse.

You are right, it doesn't stop progression but totally and unnecessarily slows progression down, proving my point by the way that it is not a core game mechanic but a pet side project and probably a beta test for whatever Soulframe will be.

On 2024-03-09 at 8:26 PM, quxier said:

If you don't want to discuss then your case is either (or both)

- I don't like it

- I'm very bad at it (hence git gut).

It's fine to have such opinions but talk requires more informations.

My opinions are what this is about. Your random opinions are not. If you can enjoy the dumb flying horsey race then you have already achieved all the rewards you will ever get for it. My congratulations to you for your little boast should be the icing on your kaithe racing cake. So congratulations.

On 2024-03-09 at 8:38 PM, Aerikx said:

This thread is a bad faith argument thread.

You are wrong.

2 hours ago, Psyoniko said:

You are wrong. Of course kaithe races are easy, but they're not fun. Drifter combat is totally fun, especially if you stack so many decree the enemies evaporate before you even touch them.

Which takes ages longer than a quick kaithe race and like I said and you agreed- with enough decrees there's no combat and at low decree it is a slog and always slower time wise than a kaithe race.

Also if they were easy for you, this thread wouldn't exist.  There's a million ways you could have picked where your time isn't being respected.  For example, fishing in duvuri has a fixed cap due to all the annoying mechanics.  A kaithe race is a very poor example of not respecting time.  It's simply something you don't enjoy.  You also don't respect your own time by quitting and leaving.

• Like 1

Where did I indicate that I'm interested in having dialog with anyone?

Most of replies are, predictably, white knighters who come by to brag that they're good at something and tell me me I'm bad at it, which has nothing to do with my statement that these are the reasons I say Warframe does not respect my time.

You literally posted this in the General Discussion board. The board that's specifically for community members to discuss things about the game with each other. If you weren't interesting in discussing anything with anyone then you should have posted this on one of the feedback boards, especially as this was all out of a survey response, or on some personal blog.

Also players who disagree with you aren't "white knights", they're here disagreeing with your premise and are trying to have a discussion about it. Which, again, is the whole point of this sub forum.

If you're really not interesting in having any discussion on this then DM a moderator to have the thread locked for you. After all it servers no purpose to even allow replies if you never wanted there to be any in the first place.

• Like 5

On 2024-03-10 at 9:50 PM, Lord_Drod said:

There's a million ways you could have picked where your time isn't being respected. 

This is where you and so many others are wrong. I have discussed those parts of the game that do not respect my time and I have explained them clearly. I am not bothered by any of the things you mentioned, therefore I am not concerned by the time I spend on them. Duviri fishing and Drifter combat is your problem, not mine. I am not writing about your issues with Warframe, I am discussing mine. I think it's weird that you and others find it necessary to convince me to change my opinion. Give up.

On 2024-03-10 at 10:12 PM, trst said:

You literally posted this in the General Discussion board. The board that's specifically for community members to discuss things about the game with each other. If you weren't interesting in discussing anything with anyone then you should have posted this on one of the feedback boards, especially as this was all out of a survey response, or on some personal blog.

Also players who disagree with you aren't "white knights", they're here disagreeing with your premise and are trying to have a discussion about it. Which, again, is the whole point of this sub forum.

If you're really not interesting in having any discussion on this then DM a moderator to have the thread locked for you. After all it servers no purpose to even allow replies if you never wanted there to be any in the first place.

Wrong.

4 hours ago, Psyoniko said:

This is where you and so many others are wrong. I have discussed those parts of the game that do not respect my time and I have explained them clearly. I am not bothered by any of the things you mentioned, therefore I am not concerned by the time I spend on them. Duviri fishing and Drifter combat is your problem, not mine. I am not writing about your issues with Warframe, I am discussing mine. I think it's weird that you and others find it necessary to convince me to change my opinion. Give up.

I was stating a fact not an opinion.  You can't argue against time.  I was not stating anything I have an issue with.  It isn't a matter of time then for you it's about enjoyment.  Those  activities factually take more time.  So again it is not about time for you, when you are picking one of the fastest stages to say they "don't respect your time".  You are misusing the term entirely.

It's like for me to say the game doesn't respect my time if I don't like running captures.  It's a poor argument considering all the million things that take more time to do than a capture.  This is what you're doing.  I used the combat and fishing as examples.  Survival is another(you cannot do it under 5 mins).

The overall orowyrm grind and only rewarding 15 clamps is very time consuming and whether or not it's respectful is subjective.  That's another example.  The kaithe race is 30 seconds.  It is factually not time consuming.  Time is something comparable that can be measured.  Whether or not you like it is completely different.  

• Like 2

On 2024-03-10 at 11:40 PM, Lord_Drod said:

you know what else is faster than drifter combat?  Herding goats and finding the lost jewels.

You have not made a single convincing point. Herding goats, drifter combat, finding things, six stages for clamps, grind grind grind all day every day, I enjoy all of it and I have attained Mastery Rank Legendary 3 and earned most all the shiny things to prove it. I even don't mind flying the kaithe in a circle and shooting wyrmlings.

There are other things about Warframe I don't like that fall outside of the category of the context of: "Does Warframe respect your time?" But grind is not on that list because without grind it really isn't Waframe.

You and these others who have come over here to say the kaithe race is not an example of how Warframe doesn't respect my time are absolutely wrong. And you know who else hates the dumb flying horsey race? My dog.

You have not made a single convincing point. Herding goats, drifter combat, finding things, six stages for clamps, grind grind grind all day every day, I enjoy all of it and I have attained Mastery Rank Legendary 3 and earned most all the shiny things to prove it. I even don't mind flying the kaithe in a circle and shooting wyrmlings.

There are other things about Warframe I don't like that fall outside of the category of the context of: "Does Warframe respect your time?" But grind is not on that list because without grind it really isn't Waframe.

You and these others who have come over here to say the kaithe race is not an example of how Warframe doesn't respect my time are absolutely wrong. And you know who else hates the dumb flying horsey race? My dog.

Yeah, I guess DE should ask you personally if you like something before they put it into the game then.  Since "not respecting your time" to YOU, has nothing to do with actual time, as it does for everyone else.  It's not hard to understand that it is in line timewise with other Duviri stages, even exceeding them, with similar or less effort.  It's probably best not to admit you are fine with all the stages that are more time consuming if you wanted to keep trolling as you are.  Then you could say, none of it is respectful and maybe have a point, but not here.

• Like 2

I read all 3 of your arguments, and imo, none of them mean the game isn't respecting your time. 

You're just choosing to not partake in parts of the game, meaning the time your spending in the game IS infact being respected. 

Also, side note, I personally love kdrives, I love kahl missions, and I love the kaith. And I think that the exact same argument you are making has been made many times before; most prominently when the operator was first introduced. ALOT of people hated it without really giving it a good chance because it didn't fit with "their idea of warframe".

I get a little miffed at this argument, because warframe is an evolving game and if you want to stick with it, you need to give all the new systems a fair shot. You can't really complain about change and still continue to try play the game, whinging the whole way. You either quit because you don't like the change, or you give it a fair shot and try get better at it. 

• Like 2

Let us be honest, the flying horse is just horrible. The flying seems a whole lot worse than the Archwing. It is very slow and little clunky to control, but not impossible. It just takes a little bit use to driving it around, but still feels awful on the controls.

• Like 1

I’m being honest when I say I enjoy the kaithe races and using kaithes in general. I enjoyed it to the point where the riding intrinsic was the first one I maxed when running through Duviri. I’m a PC player who uses a controller rather than m&k, so from most perspectives I’ve only experienced the worst possible controls for using a kaithe. It handles the same, though with better turning radius, as the stupid flying bike in the latest Pokemon game; which made the adjustment for me easy after helping my kid win the flying timed races and find hidden crap in the ceilings there 🤷‍♀️

I do understand why a lot of people don’t like kaithes, Khal, K-drives, or any of the other odd movement systems in the game. I’m pretty solidly in the archwing hate side of the Warframe community, but I still respect it as a part of the game. Having no enjoyment for a part of the game, does not mean the game is not respecting your time.

On 2024-03-12 at 11:20 PM, Lord_Drod said:

as it does for everyone else

This is where you continue to be wrong.

On 2024-03-13 at 3:24 AM, Arniox said:

I read all 3 of your arguments, and imo, none of them mean the game isn't respecting your time. 

Your opinion is wrong.

You're just choosing to not partake in parts of the game, meaning the time your spending in the game IS infact being respected.

You didn't read carefully enough. If you had you would not see it that way.

I personally love kdrives, I love kahl missions, and I love the kaith.

You must be bored of Warframe.

I get a little miffed at this argument,

Don't let me ruin your day.

On 2024-03-13 at 4:44 PM, ClockworkDirge said:

I’m being honest when I say I enjoy the kaithe races and using kaithes in general. I enjoyed it to the point where the riding intrinsic was the first one I maxed when running through Duviri. I’m a PC player who uses a controller rather than m&k, so from most perspectives I’ve only experienced the worst possible controls for using a kaithe. It handles the same, though with better turning radius,

Another flying horsey whiteknighter who came here to brag. Predictable.

On 2024-03-13 at 4:44 PM, ClockworkDirge said:

Having no enjoyment for a part of the game, does not mean the game is not respecting your time.

Wrong.

On 2024-03-13 at 8:13 AM, Meji_Kino said:

Let us be honest, the flying horse is just horrible. The flying seems a whole lot worse than the Archwing. It is very slow and little clunky to control, but not impossible. It just takes a little bit use to driving it around, but still feels awful on the controls.

You are correct about the flying horsey. I have never said the controls are impossible, only that it is impossible for me to enjoy the race. Archwing is awesome and I wish there was more of that and a lot less kaithe.

5 hours ago, Psyoniko said:

You are correct about the flying horsey. I have never said the controls are impossible, only that it is impossible for me to enjoy the race. Archwing is awesome and I wish there was more of that and a lot less kaithe.

Skill issue.  The race is too easy for me to enjoy as well.  Maybe you'll get better if you kill the wyrm enough.  Practice makes perfect 👍💪😂.

• Like 3

I am not a fan of the Kaithe or K-Drive, but saying it disrespects your time is just untrue, and I think you know that but don't really want to admit it, hence the "you're wrong" comments with no elaboration.

Warframe rewards you for playing a slice of everything. You're free to ignore Kaithe races, but that requires more effort and specific conditions as opposed to just finishing them. If you feel that a mechanic disrespects your time merely because you don't want to engage with it, then maybe you shouldn't be in a live service game always pumping new features and experimental mechanics.

I am all for supporting the voice of players who feel that their progression has been undermined, but this isn't one of those cases.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

On 2024-03-15 at 4:45 PM, Voltage said:

saying it disrespects your time is just untrue, and I think you know that but don't really want to admit it, hence the "you're wrong" comments with no elaboration.

You are wrong. I don't elaborate because people who insist that I am wrong that Waframe doesn't respect my time because of the kaithe race are expecting some sort of elaboration when I have already provided it. They are wrong and so are you. If you don't understand why, then re-read my posts until you do, but don't blame me that you have projected your own ideas onto my lived experience.

On 2024-03-15 at 8:13 AM, Lord_Drod said:

Skill issue.  The race is too easy for me to enjoy as well.  Maybe you'll get better if you kill the wyrm enough.  Practice makes perfect 👍💪😂.

Congratulations for being so good at the dumb flying horsey race. Warframe respects your time, but not mine.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-15 at 2:30 AM, Psyoniko said:

Your opinion is wrong.

That's not how opinions work 😂

Opinions aren't wrong or right. They're opinions of people. They're relative. 

On 2024-03-15 at 2:30 AM, Psyoniko said:

You must be bored of Warframe.

To give you some credit, I took a break from the game for a year and a half after the new war. I just found the continued addition of the same things over and over really boring. 

But on coming back, there's so many new and cool things, like the Kaith, that are fun to me because they're new and exciting.

On 2024-03-15 at 8:13 AM, Lord_Drod said:

Agreed. 

OP made a post, basically complaining that he doesn't have skill, and refusing to learn. 

And then got mad when people don't agree with him and started saying people's opinions were wrong 😂

On 2024-03-15 at 4:45 PM, Voltage said:

Full quote

Agreed. 

On 2024-03-15 at 6:49 PM, Psyoniko said:

You are wrong. I don't elaborate because people who insist that I am wrong that Waframe doesn't respect my time because of the kaithe race are expecting some sort of elaboration when I have already provided it. They are wrong and so are you. If you don't understand why, then re-read my posts until you do, but don't blame me that you have projected your own ideas onto my lived experience.

Hahahaha. Man is so mad cause no one is agreeing with him. 

Also, you just devalued your own argument about people's seperate opinion when you said: "my lived experience" 

Because experiences are relative and based purely on your own opinion. 

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. And you're allowed to dislike kaiths, or kdrives. And you're allowed to make a post complaining about it. 

But you can't then say that other people who disagree with you and have formed their own different opinion, are wrong. 😂

• Like 3

I would like to use my kaithe in the other open worlds and it needs to be able to shoot large fireball projectiles.  That one decree that affects movement speed needs to apply to kaithe too.

• Like 1