The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing item support tickets and unfulfillable requirements

AkiraZXE

I've been going back and forth with support for the last week over a very unlikely 57% Tenet weapon drop that I lost when the game decided I had converted, not killed, the Sister. It would be obvious to anyone taking a cursory glance at my Lich/Sister history that I'm clearly not interested in conversion. I got a whole bunch of excuses for why it can't be fixed, including that there's no system in place to modify Liches/Sisters in the first place (???), but this one stood out to me:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to manually add any items or provide any compensation as we have no record that we can use as a reference that the item that you are requesting was unusually removed from your account."

That's baffling. Obviously there's no record of it. The record is taken by the game. If the item is missing from a bug, obviously the record would be wrong too. If the game could make correct records, there wouldn't be an issue in the first place. The record and the item came from the same place, so of course they'll either both be there, or both be missing. Short of somebody running a magnet over the server, I don't see how you could ever have a situation in which an item is missing but a record of it isn't.

And it turns out this isn't a new policy. There's years of people missing items for all sorts of reasons, who just never get them back, with the claim that there was never any record of the item.

There's no way, short of recording every moment of gameplay, to prove a missing item is missing if you're relying on a record that would also be missing. Worse still, I clearly have it on my account, it's just in the wrong state, and even that's not enough. So what exactly is the point of this entire ticket category? Why does it even exist if the conditions for returning an item are basically impossible to fulfill?

RNG based items like Rivens, Lich Weapons, and such won't be able to be 'admin spawned' for you in the case of issues due to their nature, yes. both for Account/records sake, and because it's an RNG item and isn't just ticking a Box on a Spreadsheet to say your Account owns a Mod or not.

21 minutes ago, taiiat said:

RNG based items like Rivens, Lich Weapons, and such won't be able to be 'admin spawned' for you in the case of issues due to their nature, yes. both for Account/records sake, and because it's an RNG item and isn't just ticking a Box on a Spreadsheet to say your Account owns a Mod or not.

Support refused to provide me a Codex scan for the Bailiff Eximus that Angels of the Zariman removed (along with all other Kuva enemy scans) and I had record of completion through GDPR data (which I happily provided). 

They've also refused to fix one of my profile stats breaking and visually resetting after one of their cross-play updates. They also have records of this true value as you can look it up through Altair, and they confirmed the number I provided them with what it should have been.

The excuse for the Codex scan progress is that they can't manually adjust player progress. They told me just to wait for a bug fix. It's been so many years that I actually saw a Kuva Assault Sortie crop up, and I just re-did it myself.

The excuse for my profile stat is again, they can't update player account stats manually (which is funny because my value was adjusted after I got Ignis Wraith fixed). They then used the statement of "it won't affect your gameplay" as if I only value the enemies on my screen while I'm playing. It's basically losing an achievement when my account is almost 9 years old now.

To me, using support (even outside of Warframe) feels like a dice roll depending on who is assigned the ticket, and you need to address your concerns in legalese to get things resolved.

I'm surprised they can't just make that converted Lich contract turn active, basically making the game think you just traded for it.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Support refused to provide me a Codex scan for the Bailiff Eximus that Angels of the Zariman removed (along with all other Kuva enemy scans) and I had record of completion through GDPR data (which I happily provided). 

They've also refused to fix one of my profile stats breaking and visually resetting after one of their cross-play updates. They also have records of this true value as you can look it up through Altair, and they confirmed the number I provided them with what it should have been.

The excuse for the Codex scan progress is that they can't manually adjust player progress. They told me just to wait for a bug fix. It's been so many years that I actually saw a Kuva Assault Sortie crop up, and I just re-did it myself.

The excuse for my profile stat is again, they can't update player account stats manually (which is funny because my value was adjusted after I got Ignis Wraith fixed). They then used the statement of "it won't affect your gameplay" as if I only value the enemies on my screen while I'm playing. It's basically losing an achievement when my account is almost 9 years old now.

To me, using support (even outside of Warframe) feels like a dice roll depending on who is assigned the ticket, and you need to address your concerns in legalese to get things resolved.

I'm surprised they can't just make that converted Lich contract turn active, basically making the game think you just traded for it.

there's some other scenarios where i do feel like the results can be on the silly side, i'm just saying that RNG based Account stuff, never going to happen.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

I was told that they are unable to add Tenet and Kuva weapons. I was also told there was no way to modify a Lich or Sister at all. Otherwise yeah, I'd have suggested just resetting her outright and letting me rerun her. It's not entirely inconceivable that they can't just import stuff with extra info, or modify Liches and Sisters outright, but only barely. Seems like a pretty basic debugging tool any online game should have.

One of the recurring stories I saw was endless missions closing during a botched host transfer. Support would sometimes return one item. There's obviously no technical reason for that, it's just obstinance. Hard to believe a technical reason is the problem, all things concerned.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Why not sell the lich for plat and make lemonade off the bug?

I'm after the gun here, meaning I'd either want to make enough to buy three Oull and one decent Sister. Obviously that's pretty sketchy math, assuming the Sister market isn't outright dead.

Actually turns out Oull don't stack, so even that idea doesn't work too well lol

Edited by AkiraZXE

6 hours ago, AkiraZXE said:

I was told that they are unable to add Tenet and Kuva weapons. I was also told there was no way to modify a Lich or Sister at all. Otherwise yeah, I'd have suggested just resetting her outright and letting me rerun her. It's not entirely inconceivable that they can't just import stuff with extra info, or modify Liches and Sisters outright, but only barely. Seems like a pretty basic debugging tool any online game should have.

One of the recurring stories I saw was endless missions closing during a botched host transfer. Support would sometimes return one item. There's obviously no technical reason for that, it's just obstinance. Hard to believe a technical reason is the problem, all things concerned.

I'm after the gun here, meaning I'd either want to make enough to buy three Oull and one decent Sister, or six Oull and two Sisters, which I don't think I'm gonna make off one Sister. Obviously that's pretty sketchy math, assuming the Sister market isn't outright dead.

what element and weapon? It might be worth checking warframe.market to see what similar ones are going for.

It's as they say, support can only go so far with the records or the tools they have.

If they don't have anything that backs you up and they don't have the tools for such thing, how are they supposed to help you.

Users with negative plat balances often request support to remove items and other cosmetics, but support can't remove already used boosters or forma, so if you used them, you'll have to accept the plat loss on your own or possibly pay for it.

50 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Users with negative plat balances often request support to remove items and other cosmetics, but support can't remove already used boosters or forma, so if you used them, you'll have to accept the plat loss on your own or possibly pay for it.

lol of course you'd defend that policy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

lol of course you'd defend that policy.

What is that supposed to mean?

If you work at support and a random user asks you to do something you can't do because you have no way of doing it, what is the reply you're going to give to that player?

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

If you work at support and a random user asks you to do something you can't do because you have no way of doing it, what is the reply you're going to give to that player?

I would create a support article that can be referenced/copy and pasted that highlights the specific items that can be reimbursed (with their policy + timeframe window) and the list of things that cannot be reimbursed. If they do not have the ability to reimburse these weapons, then it should be documented and referenced.

You and I both know you can get some things reimbursed depending on who's handling your ticket and how well you lawyered up before submitting a ticket with the specifics needed (both evidence and vocabulary). The often robotic copy-pasted responses (just the nature of the beast with support and their ticket volume) doesn't help either.

In regards to OP's very specific issue, they may not have the tools to change a contract or manually add an adversary's weapon, but they probably should, since DE does reimburse weapons, and this is a specific weapon.

I would like to just point out that SpicyDinosaur quoted you in response to negative Platinum specifically. :P

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AkiraZXE said:

I'm after the gun here, meaning I'd either want to make enough to buy three Oull and one decent Sister. Obviously that's pretty sketchy math, assuming the Sister market isn't outright dead.

Actually turns out Oull don't stack, so even that idea doesn't work too well lol

If you trade does the recipient receive a converted lich or an active one?

If active what happens if they trade you back?