Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

[DE]CoreyOnline

Gerade eben schrieb (NSW)Rexer425:

I thought linking won't carry over progress and merging is to bring the switch account to the pc

its a bit different. Linking overrides your non primary accounts with the primary one. Merging Unites all the accounts Items to one account. The merged account can used everywhere if Im correct.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Rexer425:

I thought linking won't carry over progress and merging is to bring the switch account to the pc

its a bit different. Linking overrides your non primary accounts with the primary one. Merging Unites all the accounts Items to one account. The merged account can used everywhere if Im correct.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)PooSlinky said:

Can someone make this clear for me?

My main account was on ps4. I stopped playing around 2 years ago. And since then my ps4 has gone to the light at the end of the tunnel.

When I heard about cross save (about a week ago) I created an account on the nintendo switch in hopes I would be able to restore my ps4 account to the switch.

If I'm to understand it right, the new account is not eligible for merging, but what I want to know is if I delete the switch account, will I be able to recover my ps4 account to the switch after cross save has been fully rolled out?

Actually the account merging you should should still be able to do unless I'm missing something. It's only if you did the MIGRATION that you are locked out of switch

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Rexer425 said:

linking is to make a primary account that works on any platform. It will keep quest progression and items of that primary account when you link.  This deletes the secondary accounts progression and items/currencies that are linked to the primary.

merging from what I read is you also keep the quest progression of the primary account the difference is you combine all your account inventories and currencies together in one account that is cross save

Edit: both options will still make your account a cross save account at the end of the day they just do it differently. Link is for ppl that have pretty much no items/progress on secondary accounts you are just trying to make it so you can play on any platform. 

Merge is combine all the items/currencies of multiple accounts.

Edited by (XBOX)Dex Xean

Just now, -_JohnWilkesBooth_- said:

I want to make my old PS4 account primary and merge my PC account into it when it opens up for me. can anyone clear up how that works for me? I dont want to lose the stuff Ive gotten on my PC accoun.

As long as your PS4 account was made before the cutoff date, then you'll want to account merge, and set your PS4 account as the primary account.

Gerade eben schrieb -_JohnWilkesBooth_-:

I want to make my old PS4 account primary and merge my PC account into it when it opens up for me. can anyone clear up how that works for me? I dont want to lose the stuff Ive gotten on my PC accoun.

Its all explained at the Merge tile when its released for you, be sure to read carefully and take your time, dont risk losing all your stuff to impatience please, you got this :)

Here's hoping they allow prime acces buyers on console next cause I'm really REALLY hoping to bring my switch to playstation and not risk anything extremely screen breaking anymore on switch, the screen tearing was absolutely horrid, to the point I'm actually boycotting anything whispers in the walls rn until I have complete confirmation it won't happen anymore there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drhalkur said:

This is what "linking" does.  You pick which set of data you want to be your save.  It then overwrites that for any linked platform.

The merge is for people who didnt copy an account but played on multiple platforms.

I think there’s a bit of confusion too about what the scenario I’m talking about. Here’s an example:

1) Someone signed up and played Warframe on PC, for some period of time.

2) WF on NSW comes out. DE says you can migrate your PC account to Switch for a limited time. Lots of people do this. Maybe the wrong assumption was made but I would assume that my PC account is gone, bye bye, forever. Apparently it wasn’t. DE kept it around for some good reasons. 
3) Lots of people with no WF account at all, sign up and play on NSW as well. 
4) Both 2 and 3 above play, making lots of progress. 
5) Some of those people from 2) and 3) go back to PC, start over with new PC account, since the original account was assumed to be “gone” and of course they can’t play with their NSW account. 
5) Cross save comes out. People from 3) above, no problem you can “merge” their PC and NSW accounts. People from 2) sorry you’re out of luck because you have 2 PC accounts, apparently?

This is my situation. I’m fine if I have to lose out on the merge but it does seem unfair and should be possible to figure out?

Or am I missing something? Does linking somehow allow me to merge my old NSW account (originally from a PC) with my newer/different PC account that I’ve been playing on?

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

linking is to make a primary account that works on any platform. It will keep quest progression and items of that primary account when you link.  This deletes the secondary accounts progression and items/currencies that are linked to the primary.

merging from what I read is you also keep the quest progression of the primary account the difference is you combine all your account inventories and currencies together in one account that is cross save

Edit: both options will still make your a cross save account at the end of the day they just do it differently. Link is for ppl that have pretty much no items/progress on secondary accounts you are just trying to make it so you can play on any platform. 

Merge is combine all the items/currencies of multiple accounts.

Merging is also locked from those of us who migrated our accounts as well so we have the extra bit of fun to deal with

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Rexer425 said:

Thing is I'm mr 8 on my switch, and I do have volt prime and the guandoa that I want to keep and I just recently farmed and crafting the fulmin so I kinda want to move my quests progress and inventory toy pc

If you do not have a PC account, just do account link, as your NSW account was made before the cut-off date. If you have progress on PC (items, warframes, etc.) do an account merge, either way, set your NSW account as main.

Just now, covan12 said:

Merging is also locked from those of us who migrated our accounts as well so we have the extra bit of fun to deal with

this, honestly I'll cope with playing with 2 accounts I guess. since I can have my miragrated account be my "cross platform" account to play it on PC...

Ngl the amount of people getting bent due to the sheer volume of players that actually participated in migrating accounts is definitely insane. Not exactly sure what was the thought process there.... But I guess we'll be able to go without old account stuff

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

Right now they're focussing on PC. yes. Like I said in a later post, I feel like the next wave is going to be Console Prime access.

Just a standard bug fix update. Again, probably why news on the next wave is taking some time.

but the thing is. how would they do this. because to link you need to do it on pc. so if they start go with console next. you would still have to do it on pc. because there would be no option to do it on console right? only is doable on pc. or maybe you can confirm on console then move over to pc to start the process? 

Just now, (PSN)pete1deep said:

but the thing is. how would they do this. because to link you need to do it on pc. so if they start go with console next. you would still have to do it on pc. because there would be no option to do it on console right? only is doable on pc. or maybe you can confirm on console then move over to pc to start the process? 

You would login to your PSN account, like you are on the forums right now, and do the merge through the website. The top post in this thread has all the information for what to do IIRC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)pete1deep said:

All you need to do is head to the website. Create a PC account and go from there no download game or anything. Can do this from phone as well 

Question: will accounts that were part of pc-console migration be able to have other accounts merged to them?

For example: If I migrated to PS4 and then link my PC and PS4 accounts with my PS4 as my primary, can I then merge a Switch account to that cross save account?

Just now, covan12 said:

All you need to do is head to the website. Create a PC account and go from there no download game or anything. Can do this from phone as well 

ah ya i was more talkng about the order of release waves. i was told possibly next is paid accts on console next but was wondering how they would implement that. since you do from your pc acct

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

You would login to your PSN account, like you are on the forums right now, and do the merge through the website. The top post in this thread has all the information for what to do IIRC

really? i thoguht you do it from your pc accout but ill go check 

1 minute ago, Nova_Prime said:

Question: will accounts that were part of pc-console migration be able to have other accounts merged to them?

For example: If I migrated to PS4 and then link my PC and PS4 accounts with my PS4 as my primary, can I then merge a Switch account to that cross save account?

They have said no already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova_Prime said:

No

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

Yes, so you'd do an account link and set your NSW account as t he primary, rather than your PC account.

It took me a while (sry it's 5 am and I haven't slept brain is very very slow) but I finally understand sorry for my stupidity was also just kinda making sure I won't mess it up thanks for being patient xD