Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone gotten melee duplicate yet?

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

The patch notes have it worded weird. It says "the two legendary arcanes are exclusive to netracells". But in parenthesis it doesnt say duplicate, it mentions influence and crescendo.

Influence isnt even a legendary arcane, though.

Im not sure if they mean to say its a potential end of activity reward from netracells or if it drops within the activity itself or something else entirely.

It and crescendo are not linkable in game and do not show as arcanes that exist when you look at the arcane adapter slot for a melee weapon.

Its not mentioned anywhere in the official drop table. For all i know the thing doesnt even exist and got pulled last minute. 

Does anyone even have one yet? Seems like it would be one of the best if not the best melee arcanes.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I have one in my inventory. Not sure where I got it though.

Frick. If you hover over it does it show a drop source?

As far as i can tell its a potential reward from the netracell missions and im basing that on the fact under "potential rewards" where it shows the shards, tau shard etc icons next to the NPC you'll see 2 "platinum" tier arcane icons. None of the other melee arcanes are mentioned as "legendary" in the patch notes and none of the ones you can see in the arsenal are that same color tier either. If there's no other way to get them, thats gonna be rough. 5 chances a week but you need 21 of them (presumably) and we dont know the drop rate.

I guess they're gonna figure thats fair if its as strong as it looks though.

2 minutes ago, Nobodys-Perfect said:

I got one, it dropped from the netracell missions

As in from the end of mission reward, like a tau shard would or whatever else, or somewhere *in mission*?

I also got both of them. Melee Crescendo is the clear winner here, although a low rank is kind of weak rn, but once leveled it will be insane.

Melee duplicate sounds nice, but is really weak if you look at it closely. It only works on yellow crits and due to how the melee mod works, giving you x2 on heavy, it quickly becomes very inconsistent to use. The only frame that can somewhat make really good use of it, is Voruna with a status zaw, if you don't run Wrathful Advance, but how useful is that, if the prominent meta for pure melee builds is to run Wrathful Advance, which disables the arcane completely.

Honestly feel like they shouldn't be exclusively slotted into the necracell rewards, that or they should remove the other melee arcanes from the Necracell reward pool because all that does is dilute the reward pool. 

The twice hit on base crit arcane looks really good for weapons that cannot hit above 100% crit but have good enough crit chance to hit above 50%, while the one that gives permanent initial combo on finishers is okay but i'm not always going to spam finishers but it might be very interesting on things like Ash with fatal teleport (assuming he doesn't just OHKO things regardless which he does with that augment and a well modded melee). Feel like i'll never use them over the one that gives more damage the more shields you have or the one that generates critical chance on melee hit for the next heavy attack however, especially if it'll take me forever to even obtain get those arcanes at a high enough rank to be worth using over the ones i can easily obtain and buy for standing.

Edited by crimsonspartan1

Citation

It only works on base yellow crits from what ive heard and seen

DE has to upgrade it a bit so that it work on every crit yellow/orange/red, not a legendary if it's restricted to yellow crits.

edit: a simple maxed Blood Rush is better than this on every crit heavy blade/katana/dual handed katana.

Edited by DistantVocoder

On 2023-12-15 at 2:50 AM, D-Shear said:

I also got both of them. Melee Crescendo is the clear winner here, although a low rank is kind of weak rn, but once leveled it will be insane.

With tennokai animosity might be the real winner. 10 hits of a melee weapon is easy to do and with the interval of tennokai youll be doing lots of heavy attacks pretty consistantly with tons of high tier red crits. Also im assuming not a lot of people like to do the whole finisher thing or even know it exists, and assuming the increase even goes to cap, even at max rank youd need to do finishers almost 40 times which hopefully doesnt reset on death. 

• Like 1

On 2023-12-14 at 8:15 PM, Revacon said:

I have both of the legendary ones, they work as expected, the melee duplicator only works for yellow crits

Feels bad cause I've done the math and its gonna take someone 2+ years to get enough for 1 max rank one.

Unless they pay out the wazoo from trade chat. Which i think is 100% the point.