Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They told me I couldn't beat the Secret Boss solo, so I did. (Whispers Spoilers)

Zahnrad

I kept hearing people go on and on about how the Secret Boss was impossible and that you NEEDED a Squid to carry you through it.

I decided to be "that guy" and do it myself out of stubborn spite. This was genuinely my first run/attempt.

zpGtWpd.png

Build:

Spoiler

n5cD8nx.png

5w8QQ4Q.png

Final 30s of the fight

https://i.imgur.com/onjB9im.mp4

Time it took

OxquIWt.jpg

If the above link doesn't work, here's a link to the Imgur Album

https://imgur.com/a/HOpS7Jz

• Like 1

For me the biggest hurdle was the dps so it would probably be easier solo than group because of the squad health scaling mechanic it has.

Did it with a squad, but became easier once one person dropped out. Probably uses the same health scaling as acolytes which is why it was so tanky the first time around but was able to chop it relatively quick once the host dropped even though it spawned after host migration with full health.

The time it took to get the boss was, alright. Takes about 20-25 minutes to get to it.

The tanking and nullifying effects was taken care of by assimilate Nyx which left me invulnerable, even after a nullifying wave hit due to the lengthy de-cast animation it has combined with a liberal use of bullet jumping into the stratosphere since all the nullifying effects are ground-based so I was safe to recast it once I was up there with the needed energy granted by dispensary.

Which left the DPS. I went in there with the redeemer P modded for radiation knowing that a primary isn't going to have enough ammo to last the entire fight. But I ended up with the worst damage % out of the group. Should have taken a more traditional boss killing weapon to chip it from range via relying on ammo from dispensary, oh well. And this is where the 4-player health scaling that it has really hurt the group's damage output so going into it as single-player might've been the right call for me if it wasn't for the lengthy mobile defense timer that is needed beforehand.

9 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

The tanking and nullifying effects was taken care of by assimilate Nyx which left me invulnerable, even after a nullifying wave hit due to the lengthy de-cast animation it has combined with a liberal use of bullet jumping into the stratosphere since all the nullifying effects are ground-based so I was safe to recast it once I was up there with the needed energy granted by dispensary.

For me I've noticed most "Nullify ability" effects only remove Wisp's Reservoir buffs, but unless it's something specific, like a Nullifier being on top of your Reservoir dispencer, they'll remain so you can quickly go and pick them back up if you lose them. I pretty much relied on this hoping it'd work again here.

The Wisp and Torid build wasn't even built specifically for this boss as I went in blind. I just think high power strength Wisp is fun, and the Torid build I had worked well enough on Steel Path Circulus on Lua.

I think it's mainly the Haste buff on the Torid that did most of the work, not that it's weak otherwise.

Edited by Zahnny

You can't beat it with a modless Inaros with only the Stug, only using your elbows, and blindfolded though. 

Though yeah I did similar, it was a lot of fun. Pretty good challenge. My first was blind in the Netracell mission, which was kind of tough with the restrictions, and I wasn't really prepared. Steel Path version was more prepared and smoother. Very welcome addition to the game. 

(Edit oh, assuming its the same secret enemy/boss as well, for all I know, there may be multiple). 

Another Edit: With more hindsight and time, I now know OP is talking about a totally different boss aka 60 Eyes. Though RIP Steel Path Netracell version of the Whisper side boss) 60 Eyes was great too, but I heard about them before hand so didn't get to experience blind. 

Edited by (PSN)slightconfuzzled
Clarity

A solid fight. Most content in Warframe I can handle with my comfort builds, even if not comfortably ironically. Nope, I couldn't even get to the fight on pure comfort from the sheer enemy density, and I had to lean in hard to actually beat the boss.

My successful solo attempt, I think try 4 or 5, my loadout was Protea built for ability strength, a bit of duration (including two crimson Archon Shards, one for more strength, one for more duration, and some more comfortable shards for health, regen and cast speed), with her 4 Helminth'd out for Xaku's damage buff, with the weapon being the Felarx. And her kit was working. Dispensary of course was keeping everything topped up, Grenade fan was serving as my main source of survivability via shield gating and padding EHP, and of course, Xata's Whisper plus the Felarx for workhorse damage at a tasty 109% buff if I cast it on her +100%. Blaze Artillery served as crowd control for the Eximus mooks and secondary damage - Blaze Artillery can hit the Fragmented One if there's a target behind it, which isn't too hard in either phase - same basic trick as getting its laser to hit it.

Still, a really, really enjoyable superboss when expecting that going in. You have to build good, but there's still some mechanical execution since it's attacks are so devastating (Knocking you on your ass, disabling powers and draining energy and just hitting really hard), and there's just so much stuff on the screen in phase 2, and you only get one shot. Plus if you take too long, the stacks start building up. It was also satisfying to take this build into the regular tier 5 bounty boss and completely destroy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did it solo 2 times, for both of my acoounts. Well, just well armored full-umbra Grendel with catalyst shields, arcanes Nullifyer & Grace, good Zaw, Nataruk & Tenet Plynx & Wyrm with Negate. So, no problems with ranged and close combat, no problems with ammo, no problems with survability. But i could`nt say this was not hard. As for me, it is most challenging part of game. But i still think full solo SP Circuit, 33 rounds, it is harder than solo Fragmented One.