Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA - Clan Rank Decrease Disabled for Operation: Gargoyle's Cry (Status: Re-Enabled!)

[DE]Taylor

We have identified an issue where decreasing your Clan Rank during Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry can lead to Clans being unable to progress in the event. To address this issue, we are temporarily removing the ability to decrease your Clan Rank. 

This restriction will remain until the end of the Operation -- we will update this PSA once lifted. We apologize for the abrupt change, but appreciate your understanding on the matter, Tenno!

NOTE: This should not impact your ability to invite new Clan members while the Operation is live or increase your Clan Rank should you choose.

EDIT: If you are a Clan who decreased your Rank with ongoing contributions and do not see your progress properly completing (i.e. there should be a check mark in the interface once the Curses' contributions are complete), please submit a support ticket

15/01/2024 EDIT: Now that the Operation has concluded, we have re-enabled the option to decrease your Clan Rank - thank you, Tenno! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Re-enabled clan decrease
  • Like 12

• [DE]Taylor changed the title to PSA - Clan Rank Decrease Disabled for Operation: Gargoyle's Cry

Regarding the progress in the event, i note that it relies on the placement of a decoration in the dojo.

I know for sure there are dojos outthere in which they are designed to be confusing, that's random rooms, in random orientations, with a random number of decorations, in random areas, in random sizes, we're talking about dojos with 5 floors or so and everything is made at random. I know this because i visited a dojo once like this and i know the warlord wanted it to be to goal from the ground up, it is known because of it.

With that in mind, with thousands and thousands of clans in the game, what are the odds that someone with the decoration privilege is going to take the opportunity and place the stone statue somewhere it can't be used. It's a low % for sure, but i am seeing users complaining about that decor placement.

You can only place it once, so if you hide it underground or behind something, it's possible the members of the clan won't be able to progress at all and the warlord unable to select the out of bounds decoration.

My sugestion is to make clans able to place the decor multiple times.

• Like 7

Should I be worried that I deranked my clan yesterday (down to Ghost)?  I didn't know it wasn't a Ghost clan (I wasn't the founder or the builder of the Dojo, but I am one of only 2 to log in in the past month and the leader now), so when I saw the requirements of 6, but the announcement of 2, I looked into it and removed the barracks and deranked.  And the requirements changed to 2 each and I was able to complete this week.

Am I in for some sort of error next week?

5 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

Should I be worried that I deranked my clan yesterday (down to Ghost)?  I didn't know it wasn't a Ghost clan (I wasn't the founder or the builder of the Dojo, but I am one of only 2 to log in in the past month and the leader now), so when I saw the requirements of 6, but the announcement of 2, I looked into it and removed the barracks and deranked.  And the requirements changed to 2 each and I was able to complete this week.

Am I in for some sort of error next week?

I can't offer a concrete answer but if you do experience issues, make sure to submit a ticket!

• Like 3

I had a clan de-rank in progress before the event started (mountain to storm), built the gargoyle, and players contributed to it. The de-rank happened after people had contributed. What exactly does "cannot progress" look like?

Our contribution menu currently has 2 checks, but is missing one on Curse of Knowing despite being 10/10. Is this the issue?

Edited by _bonebrain
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I can't offer a concrete answer but if you do experience issues, make sure to submit a ticket!

Sorry for the bother, but I was just about to open a ticket.

I recently lowered our clan rank from Mountain to Storm to make things a bit easier for our smaller, active group during the operation. Then I noticed a hiccup, though—our curse counter for one of the curses was over 10 before the rank drop, and now it's acting a bit off. I'm concerned this might mess with our chances of getting the golden trophy and the new signa.

Before I fire off a ticket, any chance you could shed some light on this? Your insights would be a big help because I can't stop thinking I shouldn't have done it.

Thanks in advance!!

20231219190131-1.jpg

Edited by CyDuck.UA
wrote Ghost instead of Storm, and added a screenshot

16 minutes ago, CyDuck.UA said:

I recently lowered our clan rank from Mountain to Storm to make things a bit easier for our smaller, active group during the operation. Then I noticed a hiccup, though—our curse counter for one of the curses was over 10 before the rank drop, and now it's acting a bit off. I'm concerned this might mess with our chances of getting the golden trophy and the new signa.

Am experiencing the same thing. However the main event page does show our current trophy as Terracotta, which i believe is the max for first week?

Edited by _bonebrain

45 minutes ago, CyDuck.UA said:

Sorry for the bother, but I was just about to open a ticket.

Before I fire off a ticket, any chance you could shed some light on this? Your insights would be a big help because I can't stop thinking I shouldn't have done it.

Thanks in advance!!

20231219190131-1.jpg

The best group to shed light on this is in fact our support team. It looks like that first row is not "completed" despite there being enough contributed, so I would submit a ticket. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We have identified an issue where decreasing your Clan Rank during Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry can lead to Clans being unable to progress in the event. To address this issue, we are temporarily removing the ability to decrease your Clan Rank. 

This restriction will remain until the end of the Operation -- we will update this PSA once lifted. We apologize for the abrupt change, but appreciate your understanding on the matter, Tenno!

NOTE: This should not impact your ability to invite new Clan members while the Operation is live or increase your Clan Rank should you choose.

So here's the issue with doing this. Anyone in a more dead clan that NEEDS to downsize to be able to participate properly, is now screwed, which is likely quite a few people.

A better solution, is to fix the problem.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

So here's the issue with doing this. Anyone in a more dead clan that NEEDS to downsize to be able to participate properly, is now screwed, which is likely quite a few people.

Better to disable and ensure people can't lock themselves, then fix the main problem, instead of additionally requiring to fix thousands more problems

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

While I completely agree that fixing the problem would be the best solution, unfortunately DE tends to skirt around problems without giving any real news about it until the problem is either forgotten or fixed with a band-aid most of the time.
Prior clan events and also clan research were and are based on your Clan Tier, it would only stand to reason this one would be too. This clan-specific event has been announced for a couple weeks already, we had ample time to prepare.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

EDIT: If you are a Clan who decreased your Rank with ongoing contributions and do not see your progress properly completing (i.e. there should be a check mark in the interface once the Curses' contributions are complete), please submit a support ticket. 

To clear up confusion, I have added this note to the bottom of the post at our support team's request. 

24 minutes ago, Aturixios said:

While I completely agree that fixing the problem would be the best solution, unfortunately DE tends to skirt around problems without giving any real news about it until the problem is either forgotten or fixed with a band-aid most of the time.
Prior clan events and also clan research were and are based on your Clan Tier, it would only stand to reason this one would be too. This clan-specific event has been announced for a couple weeks already, we had ample time to prepare.

DE is also well known for not considering the reality of things before designing/implementing things like this.  Many events and new content hit these kind of speed bumps.  I.e. plague star, an event that was held multiple times had to have point awards changed while it was live because they didn't consider people would pass on a really unpopular game mode when farming event points.  I had hoped things would be better once Rebecca took over as director.  That has proven to not be the case.  A little more thought and preparation would go a long way.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, (PSN)incompetenceyay said:

DE is also well known for not considering the reality of things before designing/implementing things like this.  Many events and new content hit these kind of speed bumps.  I.e. plague star, an event that was held multiple times had to have point awards changed while it was live because they didn't consider people would pass on a really unpopular game mode when farming event points.  I had hoped things would be better once Rebecca took over as director.  That has proven to not be the case.  A little more thought and preparation would go a long way.  

I do agree that DE designs things in ways that feel like they don't game at all, or don't ever game with anyone they don't personally know.

Just this update - one person can sabotage three others in the assassination mission.  That would have been bad design in 1999 in the Asheron's Call/Ultima Online days.  24 years later it's still bad.  Why?  Because there's a (small) segment of people that, if given the opportunity to screw over others, they will.  Is it usually a problem?  No.  But when it is it majorly sucks, and it can just be avoided by smart design.  Duviri has the issue, with Experience, of pubs with conflicting motives.  Easily avoided by designing the mode differently (they have 3 other open worlds that don't really have this same problem since they all have a free roam option), or having more than one single chat room for finding groups for specific tasks (like have existed for over a decade).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

Better to disable and ensure people can't lock themselves, then fix the main problem, instead of additionally requiring to fix thousands more problems

Yes, I agree... the post says "This restriction will remain until the end of the Operation" however. This is the problem. They do not intend on fixing it.

1 hour ago, Aturixios said:

Sadly you are correct. We didn't really have ample time to prepare though.

We knew there was a clan event coming, however, this is the first one in 3 years. There are a LOT of new players and new clans who will have had no idea what to expect, and would not have been ready. Not only that, we had no idea how long this event would last for, nor any of the details of this event at all. All we knew was "it's based on your dojo" (it isn't), and "It's related to whispers in the wall" (it's barely).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stash777 said:

we still have no gargoyle in our clan.... people want to go find a clan with a gargoyle. We get messages that we do not have permission to set up a gargoyle. Many people want to leave.

It really REALLY ticks me off that DE ties these things to clans and dojos. Yesterday I quit the one I've been in for years because the "leader" and higher-ups don't even play the game anymore. They had to be messaged to put in Bash Lab, took them a week and a half to add Dagath Hollow after it released, and by time they get around to adding a stupid Gargoyle sculpture the event will be over. Recruit chat was a mess with people from other clans having the same problem. 😡

Clans with inactive players unable to participate due to no statue

Clans can no longer de-rank because of progression issues

"Operation" is just spamming the new assassinate with a previous enemy added for seemingly no reason

Recycled rewards instead of anything new/exciting, and locking the only interesting new item behind an arbitrary public counter

Next time, please ACTUALLY think about the details of an Operation before it gets released. This is a sorry excuse for an "Operation", and there was not enough time spent actually testing and ensuring this kind of stuff would work, which is hysterical considering its just a repeating Assassinate with a pre-existing enemy added into it. 

**Pro tip: Maybe use your public test cluster once in a while!**

• Like 4

On 2023-12-19 at 2:43 PM, (PSN)incompetenceyay said:

Edited by Kanad1anKron1k
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 3:30 PM, stash777 said:

is there a way DE can allow all or any clan members to place the statue for events like this because making a clan wait for one person seems to be bad for business

I suggest that for events like this they simply add the Gargoyle-maguffin to an existing static room and allow dojo managers to move or create a new instance of it where they like. Perhaps every dojo is required to build (for free) a basic terminal/comms room that has contact points to current events and other basics. I for one think this would be a great place to include remote Market, Quest, Foundry, and Relic access for dojo visitors. Perhaps even a holographic pet station that shows status and allows you submit instructions and to summon newly generated pets to your side/arsenal. I can see Helminth being a more personal touch that would remain an orbiter exclusive. 

This would future proof new interactions, as well as provide more basic functionality to members and visitors, which would encourage players to spend more time there rather than just the orbiter. 

The next step to growing Warframe is to encourage more socialization of players. Build stronger team communities.
Giving them their own hubs would go a long way to accomplishing this. 

Edited by (PSN)DrNicket
Expanding comms room options.
  • Like 1