The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

Little-Profesor

5 hours ago, Belmenel said:

This still doesn't address folks losing an entire accounts worth of progress and purchases over your absurd restrictions.

It does not fix the entire problem, no. However, it IS a huge step in the right direction and I'm happy to see it being taken. Making players loser out on Hard monetary purchases was an actual scam. Rectifying that is the first step towards a full solution. 

I made a request regarding this back in December and finally received a dismissive answer that threw my wants as a player to the side. Now that there have been changes to the Account Linking Process and I KNOW that changes can be made to it, I would like to make a request. If I were to go through with my linking, I would LOVE to retain the Sekharas that I earned from the Law of Retribution on Xbox before it was removed. My primary account is my PC account and it would mean I lose those because my Xbox would be the secondary account. Now that it has been proven that changes can be made retroactively to the linked accounts and items can, in fact, be merged anyways, I am asking to meerge time-limited items that are no longer available.

Items that show how long Ive been playing are some of my favorites, especially since trials have no sign of returning any time soon. Im perfectly fine farming my frames again if I have to link, but I CANNOT earn these sekharas anymore and it still feels incredibly dismissive to have them just tossed out the window if I link

• Like 2

On 2024-06-19 at 2:14 PM, [DE]Juice said:

Hi Tenno!

We appreciate your patience while waiting for further status updates. With that said, we have implemented changes to Linking with Cross-play Save that apply to both previously Linked Accounts and Accounts Linking after this change! This change is live now for any new Links, and will be applied retroactively over the next few days.

For full details (and a place to leave feedback), please check out our announcement post here:

@[DE]Juice Thank you for the update and this step forward! Will there be any announcement relating to other inventory items that are trapped on the Switch? (E.g. if I put time in to grind and craft a prime warframe/weapon/item that I did not on PC?)

• Like 1

It is as the title suggests. Customer Support has felt more like Customer Neglect recently. I have gone to them before and after the recent cross save changes that are allowing us to regain our PURCHASED items asking that I be granted my Sekharas from the Law of Retribution since I cannot physically earn them anymore. I am met with a dismissive "Go post about it on the forums, we can't help you," and then they mark my ticket as resolved as if they did anything to actually support the customer. When I replied saying that I have already posted on here and that my posts are constantly moved to the bottom of one of my other posts where they won't be seen, I am just told that forums have their own administration and they did nothing to help AGAIN. 

Im incredibly thankful that DE has gone back and restored our purchases, thats the first step in rectifying the theft that ocurred after linking our accounts; however, it still isn't enough. What about items that aren't unlockable anymore? Are we just supposed to give up year old items for the sake of "Customer Support" not wanting to look and help? It could most certainly be done through a similar method where they give it to us through our inbox. Content Creators are given DAY 1 access to everything new through that same method. They returned purchased items through that same method. Why is this any different? 

TLDR; Support doesn't support at all & it feels like customer complaints about Cross Save are hidden in this forum.

• Like 2

On 2024-06-21 at 1:45 PM, Little-Profesor said:

It is as the title suggests. Customer Support has felt more like Customer Neglect recently. I have gone to them before and after the recent cross save changes that are allowing us to regain our PURCHASED items asking that I be granted my Sekharas from the Law of Retribution since I cannot physically earn them anymore. I am met with a dismissive "Go post about it on the forums, we can't help you," and then they mark my ticket as resolved as if they did anything to actually support the customer. When I replied saying that I have already posted on here and that my posts are constantly moved to the bottom of one of my other posts where they won't be seen, I am just told that forums have their own administration and they did nothing to help AGAIN. 

Im incredibly thankful that DE has gone back and restored our purchases, thats the first step in rectifying the theft that ocurred after linking our accounts; however, it still isn't enough. What about items that aren't unlockable anymore? Are we just supposed to give up year old items for the sake of "Customer Support" not wanting to look and help? It could most certainly be done through a similar method where they give it to us through our inbox. Content Creators are given DAY 1 access to everything new through that same method. They returned purchased items through that same method. Why is this any different? 

TLDR; Support doesn't support at all & it feels like customer complaints about Cross Save are hidden in this forum.

At this point maybe we need to be putting in support tickets for abuse/harassment instead of for account issues, since DEs behavior over this certainly qualifies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about getting back into this game and saw there's this new account merge thing. I did the account migration thing back when the Xbox version came out and was on/off playing on that (and got some I think exclusive items). When the account migration was available I did lose some things due to game update mismatch (I think archwing stuff and some frames) and of course the founder stuff didn't transfer (grandmaster founder), and platinum didn't transfer (have about 4500).

So I'm just wondering to be clear, if I wanted to be able to play and progress my account on whichever platform I felt like, I'd now have to choose between that founder stuff and any exclusive stuff I got (plus progress I made) since playing on the Xbox version? Like if I hadn't done the account transfer thing then I'd be able to merge them now and when playing on Xbox I'd be able to use the jade stuff I got and when playing on PC still have my founders items?

Plus the platinum, it's not even like that transferred over in the account migration (only have 400 on my Xbox account and 4500 on my PC one). Man, like I was thinking about getting back into the game but this whole situation has kind of killed motivation to do so. And I see what people mean about support. Messaged them before this and they mostly just said this.

"To find our stance as to why we decided not to allow Merging if an account Migration took place, please see this Forum Post."

On 2024-07-11 at 3:33 PM, fallouthirteen said:

Was thinking about getting back into this game and saw there's this new account merge thing. I did the account migration thing back when the Xbox version came out and was on/off playing on that (and got some I think exclusive items). When the account migration was available I did lose some things due to game update mismatch (I think archwing stuff and some frames) and of course the founder stuff didn't transfer (grandmaster founder), and platinum didn't transfer (have about 4500).

So I'm just wondering to be clear, if I wanted to be able to play and progress my account on whichever platform I felt like, I'd now have to choose between that founder stuff and any exclusive stuff I got (plus progress I made) since playing on the Xbox version? Like if I hadn't done the account transfer thing then I'd be able to merge them now and when playing on Xbox I'd be able to use the jade stuff I got and when playing on PC still have my founders items?

Plus the platinum, it's not even like that transferred over in the account migration (only have 400 on my Xbox account and 4500 on my PC one). Man, like I was thinking about getting back into the game but this whole situation has kind of killed motivation to do so. And I see what people mean about support. Messaged them before this and they mostly just said this.

"To find our stance as to why we decided not to allow Merging if an account Migration took place, please see this Forum Post."

Yah, that pretty much sums up the issue. And a group of us are trying to get unrelated accounts merged so we don't loose anything. (I want my ps4/pc account merged, the merge between my them is being denied because a switch/pc merge would create duplicates. Braindead.)

Support/DE give that same "read the faq/thread" nonsense, despite the fact that it's been pointed out /constantly/ that the explanation doesn't cover or address the issue. Only the issue with duplicate accounts is actually explained there.

Every time they point to that forum post/faq they're lying to our faces. They know it, and have been called on it constantly. If you call them on it through support, they're happy to make false claims to punish you over. This behavior is inappropriate, and is why I recommend putting in a harassment ticket against DE staff over the issue.

Edited by Belmenel
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

still no fix for the switch block i see.

welp, I'll just go back to wasting money in other games since im still holding out for the chance that maybe i can merge my pc account with my xbox account.

Still boycotting nintendo products because of this too, ill check back in a year or two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-08-28 at 1:01 AM, Dabnician said:

still no fix for the switch block i see.

welp, I'll just go back to wasting money in other games since im still holding out for the chance that maybe i can merge my pc account with my xbox account.

Still boycotting nintendo products because of this too, ill check back in a year or two.

Pretty much where am I with this as well. I almost thought "The First Descendant" was going to be a good replacement for this, but Nexon S#&$ the bed with that one.

• 3 weeks later...