Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

When the switch version of warframe came out years ago, I migrated my PC account over thinking i would play it a lot. I didn't and ended up just sticking to my Xbox and put in 8 years on that account. Apparently, even after linking my switch and PC account today, the duplicate account from the migration still exists and I cannot merge my Xbox and PC accounts. Why cant I just have that duplicate deleted and still be able to merge? I feel robbed of the time and money I am about to lose because Digital Extremes didn't warn players YEARS ago that they wouldnt be able to merge if they migrated :/ 

SadFrame.jpg?ex=6594542e&is=6581df2e&hm=

• Like 11

This happened to me as well. Because of this one decision where/when I didn't even really play the game on pc at the time, and barely touched my switch, I'm now blocked out of merging the 2 accounts I actually play on and have put a lot of time in to.

Edited by WolfLycan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, VictorProfundus said:

It looks to me like you just need to contact Support and have them set your XBox account to be your Primary Account

Then linking would essentially "delete" your PC account, which is the left-behind duplicate you're referring to, if I understood correctly.

That’s the thing. I have 1500 plat on pc and none on Xbox but my Xbox has more MR. I’m either losing on years of grinding and primes I don’t have on pc or I’m losing out on 1500 plat and trading it to be behind in virtually every aspect. Im absolutely not making my Xbox my primary account. 

• Like 1

I'm in the same situation.  I have tons of currency on both PC and Xbox - more progress on PC, which would be my primary.  I one-time copied to Switch without concern at the time, and it's ridiculous that this means that I can't merge Xbox in.  I've barely played Switch since.  I wouldn't mind if I was unable to merge the *Switch* account back in - that would make sense. 

Blocking Xbox merging in makes no sense at all; they just haven't thought through these scenarios closely.  They need to fix this, immediately.

• Like 3

As i said in the other post I am in the same position. I get losing my switch account cool sure i rarely if ever use it.

I might be ok biting the bullet on losing my pc account(though rather i be able to unsync it's connection to steam) but not even able to connect the xbox accounts a big thing rn. I've been on that platform alot reexperiemcing the game as a lower mr player and was planning to merge it when i could. 

Like i kiiinda get the issues with merging but why apply it to ever having been done not just the two copied accounts? 

Like at least let me DELETE the switch account I literally don't care about it and its keeping me from merging.

Like you're going to punish me for a mistake I didn't even know I made until you decided it would affect account merging.

I love you guys and your game but this is awful.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Another typo
  • Like 2

Note - I linked Switch back to PC, hoping that "deleting" the one-time-migrated account might clear the flag.  It does not.  I still cannot merge from Xbox.

Their logic is correct for platforms that have been migrated to - if I migrated to Switch, I shouldn't be able to merge back.  However, that logic should be platform-specific, not global to all platforms - that's simply a bug.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GoDFaDDa said:

Note - I linked Switch back to PC, hoping that "deleting" the one-time-migrated account might clear the flag.  It does not.  I still cannot merge from Xbox.

Their logic is correct for platforms that have been migrated to - if I migrated to Switch, I shouldn't be able to merge back.  However, that logic should be platform-specific, not global to all platforms - that's simply a bug.

I assumd it's because the switch account also has the flag. 

I'm going to wait for my PS one to be elegible and try it then..I'll still lose my switch and probably my pc account(which has alot of time and money but oh well)..I just want to be able to merge my xbox account with my PS as primary..And play on PC. 

Sad thing is i need to login to unlink my steam account and just hope i keep my ruby rhino and maybe the cumulus set. 

LR3 on PC with thousands of hours but my PC is not able to really play.  I started an xbox account back in Jan. 2022.  It is MR 20 with a bunch of stuff on it that I don't want to loose since I plan to give that stuff away to friends or just random stream people via giveaways.  Now I'm in limbo on what to do since I can't merge for the same reason.  They did make it seem like migrated accounts could not be merged back into the account they were created from.  Said nothing that it was going to be a global flag that would prevent all merging.

• Like 2

It's honestly a complete blindside to know that my two 6000+ hour accounts are Ineligible for merge because of a one time account transfer that was advertised as a "Get it or miss out" gimmick back in like 2017 I have honestly never used the switch account and I am in actual shock that I can't keep all my mastery and skins in one place.... Please let me do something about it :(

• Like 20

I really hope this topic is on their radar. It's an extremely frustrating circumstance that has us standing to lose thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars for a platform that so few of us actually ended up playing. I don't think I even made it an hour on the switch after copying my account over. 

• Like 15

this happened to me too, but for pc and ps4\5 and i didnt realize it before i clicked the button and i just lost soo much progress i think im done with warframe for a while

(it made me lose technically 1400hours of pc progress, and i was excited id finally have 1 account with everything i needed instead of account hopping all the time, so im abit disheartened atm)

Edited by Ahusaka
  • Like 4

I have too much stuff on my xbox account to even trade it all out to friends and what not before its too late and that is just the prime stuff I've amassed over the last almost 2 years on that account and it is such a shame to just delete it all.  Not even getting started on all the progress I made in duviri and what not since my PC can't really run the new content over that time.

• Like 3