Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

1 hour ago, HHfighter99 said:

Belmenel we have to keep in mind this is a recent issue and not to take out anger on them when they are working hard to find solutions and have had to think about how to stop people from exploiting the mergers. 

It’s hard not to be angry when the devs wont talk to us.

The only accounts that should be limited for a merge are the actual clone accounts, not the original.

even if you delete your clone account it won’t let you merge.

I’ve been playing warframe and watching the devs for a long time now. The writing is on the wall imo. They won’t budge on this.

hope I’m wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HHfighter99 said:

Belmenel we have to keep in mind this is a recent issue and not to take out anger on them when they are working hard to find solutions and have had to think about how to stop people from exploiting the mergers. 

It's hard to take a reply like this seriously, given what DE's response to the situation has been so far.

• Like 1

I brought this up in the Warframe Discord, and a DE employee responded to me.  He did mention he isn't involved in the development of Cross save, but he was curious what issue I was having.

I explained the exact same issue we are having, and that I have already messaged support who told me that the devs need to comment on it as they cannot do anything about it.

His response is to copy and paste the disclaimer they added to the FAQ about merging eligibility and tells me to submit a ticket to support, and doesn't respond to me any further.

On 2024-01-31 at 8:00 PM, MinimumWageMage said:

It’s hard not to be angry when the devs wont talk to us.

The only accounts that should be limited for a merge are the actual clone accounts, not the original.

even if you delete your clone account it won’t let you merge.

I’ve been playing warframe and watching the devs for a long time now. The writing is on the wall imo. They won’t budge on this.

hope I’m wrong.

I am one of the whales for this game, I am gone if they don't fix this.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, .2B. said:

I brought this up in the Warframe Discord, and a DE employee responded to me.  He did mention he isn't involved in the development of Cross save, but he was curious what issue I was having.

I explained the exact same issue we are having, and that I have already messaged support who told me that the devs need to comment on it as they cannot do anything about it.

His response is to copy and paste the disclaimer they added to the FAQ about merging eligibility and tells me to submit a ticket to support, and doesn't respond to me any further.

Yeah, I guess they figure they can cut their losses since the active player count is higher these days.

for anyone at DE looking at this, this whole situation is worse than Scarlet Spear imo.

What do you mean By get rid of switch account?

If you mean go through Nintendo you might lose all your switch stuff possibly.  (Log on pc my name changes to #XX3 and loging on switch i get #XX7)

However all Merge/Link permanent you can not get rid of one to hope to merge another. And if they let you it be a link making you choose Pc, Xbox or new switch account.

Best way to get a straight answer is open a ticket with De customer support.

On 2024-01-30 at 1:58 PM, Eli_Beeblebrox said:

I am no longer optimistic. Not only did support tell me to pound sand, they also told me to set my Switch account as my main account, which is 5 years behind my PC account.

I don't think I want to play Warframe anymore. I've spent over $1000 on this game over my PC and PS account combined and this is what I get for it.

I feel betrayed.

DE being a disappointment recently is a trend they have been working hard at maintaining.

• Like 3

Hi there everyone!

I'm in the same situation. Migrated accounts from PC to PS4 back in the 2014 if I remember correctly.

Been playing on both accounts, but PlayStation is clearly my main. Right now I'm in a position that both my accounts have a lot of plat and from my understanding if I link them, I will lose other accounts platinum...

As some of it is bought with actual money, I'm kinda feeling DE is actually trying to rob me 😂

This is really frustrating.

I hope they get they crap together and let's every accounts merge!

I've played this game for like 13 or 14 years... I feel I'm actually entitled to even the duplicates on the merge. They are something I've put my time and money in. So let me have them!

• Like 6

I stopped playing warframe because i have a PC account and Xbox account, with distinctly different purchases and platinum balances. I got tired of having 2 accounts that were different levels, had different mods, weapons and i got tired of doing stuff twice just to bring them up to parity. Not only that i got tired of having my amazon prime loot and drops going to the WRONG account because i have to link/unlink my accounts.  The idea that i would finally be able to merge these two accounts is actually what started to get me interested in playing warframe again.

But im one of the idiots that decided to try the switch and now im being punished.

Im not going to bother linking my account because maybe some day you might change your mind but "ah ah ha ha only for people that didnt link their account" because why not...

effectively i cant play anymore with out potentially putting me into a situation where i might never resolve my issue, so the only solution is to completely boycott the game and put warframe on my ignore list. (and well say nintendo too since that unimpressive switch port is what caused all this nonsense)

This post was only made because support told me to post here for the developers that supposedly read our feedback.

Edited by Dabnician
  • Like 8

A lot of us are facing the same not well thought issue, all they have to do is allow us to merge either the Switch account OR the PC account if we participated in that PC to switch link 6 years ago. It's really bad on their part to exclude a group of us over a system they released literally 6 years ago. They have been radio silent about this issue, I hope they do something about it but I doubt it.

• Like 6

Just got told in a support ticket that they won't even honour the Heirloom Collection I purchased on PC under the expectation that I would be able to merge my two accounts.

So now because my PS4 account is my primary, I just lose all of that expensive, exclusive S#&$ that I don't even have the option of rebuying because it's gone forever.

Very cool, real fun, very glad I bought the Heirloom Collection in anticipation of account merge.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, -PLM-Kiski73 said:

what a mess some got because of this not merge policy kinda crazy

and still no response, pretty lame

hope next devstream someone mentions it  and gives us a solution

I’m hoping too. This is one of the coldest and unforgiving policies I have ever seen DE put out. It’s blatantly anti-consumer. They have been much better in the past.

Maybe it’s Nintendo, or even Tencent that is trying to enforce this policy

I’m just going to keep speculating because they are obviously trying to keep quiet about this whole thing for a reason that nobody knows.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Typo
  • Like 4

• HIYOURMOM changed the title to They tell us to come to forums and talk about switch link/merge issue but then they LOCK THE TOPICS LOL
  • Letter13 locked this topic

In same situation.

Would like to get an actual response to this from DE instead of just quietly locking threads and hoping this goes away. Not getting an answer on this is annoying but actively shutting down the threads asking about this instead of addressing it screams that DE screwed the pooch on this situation and dont want to fix it.

I encourage anyone else affected by this to hold off on merging if they can anyways because of all the weird trade restrictions crossplay players seem to be running into. 

• Like 3

never told us before crosssave/merge that was not pssoible for migraters

then days later was and arbitrary anwesr in the faq which explaint nothing

now 3 months later linking is good ,yeah but merging is not possible for all who wants but cant because opf migrating back then

and no offical explaination ,rather closing and deleting of post regard this topic ,is quite laughable and sad at the same time

there is still hope mostly we got what we wanted in the past oneway or the other

• Like 1

On 2024-01-17 at 4:29 AM, bubbabenali said:

Not only was the Switch account just for fiddlding arround a few times, but it also it killed my ability to merge my PC and Xbox account now, nice. Several tounsands of hours playtime and Prime Access packs down the toilet.

Yeah and no one knew this would have happened either. Nor has DE come out to address it in any way besides silently adding a section to the merging FAQ after it was already posted. Ive already had several posts taken down or locked for calling them out for this instead of being given a proper answer. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:45 PM, MinimumWageMage said:

While this is a good sentiment, they know exactly what the issue is. The oldest and most viewed thread about it was locked by a moderator weeks ago.

Unfortunately that’s a common occurrence, when something needs attention or criticism the post gets disabled.

• Like 1

While I appreciate the response, it still only addresses why we can't merge an account and it's duplicate. It hasn't yet addressed why we're unable to merge the original account with a non-duplicated one, given that it would have zero impact on the existence of duplicates, or why we can't delete untouched accounts to clear the way for a merge, especially given the amount of money involved in some of these.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hi Tenno,

We want to clarify two things here:

1. Our stance and why we decided not to allow Merging if a Migration took place

2. Confusion on where/how to best share your feedback on the topic

The FAQ, for those who may not have seen, holds our stance and reasoning:

This was not a decision that was taken lightly during Cross Save development. We recognize that it’s frustrating for players who decided years ago to Migrate to be now limited in their Cross Platform Save options.

To address the second point, Support can assist with Cross Platform Save issues you encounter (missing items, error when linking etc), and the Forums are a place where we welcome your feedback and constructive suggestions. Apologies for the confusion on where the best place was to go to get clarification or provide your thoughts.

Thank you.

Thank you for responding. It is an incredibly frustrating situation that has frankly killed all enjoyment of the game for me personally. I have not played since learning of how restrictive this policy is.

while I understand that allowing accounts that are derivative of each other a merge would clone items that were only acquired once technically, this is not the the issue.

the issue is that the merge restriction is extended to the original account therefore barring ANY merge. I would like to merge my Xbox account with PC. (Migrated to switch, which is the duplicate account)

these are both unrelated accounts that were started from scratch.

I would also like to add that my credentials and user name on Xbox are literally the exact same as PC but they are completely separate accounts that are not involved with each other in any way. You can verify this by looking at them.

I was led to believe that this was a situation in which a merge would be permitted until the policy on this was made public.

Many of us would like an explanation for this, since it makes no logical sense.

I can understand if it is a technical limitation, but that does not seem to be the case. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Clarification
  • Like 11

17 hours ago, MinimumWageMage said:

Thank you for responding. It is an incredibly frustrating situation that has frankly killed all enjoyment of the game for me personally. I have not played since learning of how restrictive this policy is.

while I understand that allowing accounts that are derivative of each other a merge would clone items that were only acquired once technically, this is not the the issue.

the issue is that the merge restriction is extended to the original account therefore barring ANY merge. I would like to merge my Xbox account with PC. (Migrated to switch, which is the duplicate account)

these are both unrelated accounts that were started from scratch.

Many of us would like an explanation for this, since it makes no logical sense.

I can understand if it is a technical limitation, but that does not seem to be the case. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Undersigned. Same thoughts.

PlayStation Account created: July 16, 2017 (MR22)

PC Account created: Dec. 12, 2017 (LR1)

Stupid Switch copy from PC Account created: Nov. 20, 2018 (Copy of PC when it was at MR21)

If only we were able to accurately know the future in which you would create a "merge account" system, but not allow those of us who took up the ONETIMEOFFERACTNOW!!!11 (for a Switch copy) to merge the unrelated two accounts created before.

I agree, a technical limitation (or even limitation because of an agreement with Nintendo) wouldn't be nearly so maddening. From what was written above, this was a decision DE made. Allowing me (and others in this situation) to merge my PS and PC account would not merge any duplicated/unearned rewards.

Edit: 
I also want to mention how saying "linking" is an option is a slap in the face to us. These INDEPENDENTLY created accounts both have thousands of hours, and have had real money spent on them in the course of their 7 year lifespans. To say, "sure, but you can overwrite the one account with another" is an option is honestly ridiculous. Why would anyone throw away the time and money spent on EITHER account by willingly overwriting one. Clueless and/or heartless, DE.

Edited by geekykitty
  • Like 11