Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck on Jupiter, Steel Path

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening,

As the title says, I'm stuck on Jupiter in Steel Path.

I can survive, but just can't kill fast enough. I believe I need to get out of my "safe zone" with Oberon, Ember, Frost, Hildryn, and Ivara. Ignis Wrath, Felarx, laetum, and Xoris, are my main weapons.

I enjoy grouping, but recently the recruitment channel seems to be a heaven for trolls waiting to pounce on frustrated players.

I'm seeing wisp prime a lot, so I may just go with her. Revenant is making the 60 eyes boss trivial, and I wish I didn't sell him off ( I have a bad time in accepting items I don't enjoy ).

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. 

:meridian:

10 answers to this question

vor 6 Minuten schrieb BodyAndWall:

Good evening,

I can survive, but just can't kill fast enough. I believe I need to get out of my "safe zone" with Oberon, Ember, Frost, Hildryn, and Ivara. Ignis Wrath, Felarx, laetum, and Xoris, are my main weapons.

I enjoy grouping, but recently the recruitment channel seems to be a heaven for trolls waiting to pounce on frustrated players.

I'm seeing wisp prime a lot, so I may just go with her. Revenant is making the 60 eyes boss trivial, and I wish I didn't sell him off ( I have a bad time in accepting items I don't enjoy ).

one thing you can always try is to use enemy-specific status effects that they are vulnerable to. usually stripping armor trivializes most enemies but Jupiter is mostly Corpus and with them it's their shields that can become annoying on SP. against strong Corpus, shield strip is very helpful since most of them barely have any armor - so Hildryin definitely helps or her subsume in general but also Styanax since his shield/armor strip is a lot cheaper and stronger to begin with. and even on SP: if the enemies have no shields and no armor they all drop like paper almost regardless of what weapon you are using. 

you also have the option to armor and shield strip via the unairu tree as well - one of their abilities is to create a zone that 100% strips all shields from enemies that are inside this aura. so you could use that and group the enemies into your shield-strip zone to deal with enemies for example -  I hope that might help in some way, tenno :D

oh and edit: in terms of making yourself be able to survive more in terms of frames for example, sure Wisp and Revenant are definitely amazing choices via their invulnerability and heal, but also baruuk has lots of abilites to make the enemies basically 'unable to damage you', Limbo can just rift into a completely different plane making him invulnerable, zephyr and mesa have abilites that deflect almost all damage, Frames with lots of armor and a way to regain health can create you an basically infinite loop to stay alive and cast abilities (for example Grendel, grendel has so much base armor already so it makes sense to mod even more into that. this + rolling guard + adaptation + arcana guardian + hunter adrenaline + literally your ability to heal yourself gives you an infinite loop to comfortably stay alive while having basically infinite energy. just something to consider as well :D it's amazing that we actually have so much 'customizability' for every given situation, it's basically like a checklist.

do I have something that helps me stay alive? = mods on operator that heal + damage adaptation etc

do I have something to kill enemies? = weapons with viral and corrosive, armor/shield strip, cc etc

Edited by (PSN)ApoX95
forgot something :D
  • Like 1

do you have the Galvanized Mods from Arbitration? IMO taking on Steel Path is a bad idea without them, guns get a lot of their scaling damage from those. your weapon and frame choices seem fine, so it sounds more like a modding issue. 

Getting Wisp and/or Revenant could certainly help as well. don't give up on recruit chat btw, while offering to help players myself, I wasn't the only one, there were plenty of others who were willing to help others with missions; there are still some good Tenno out there. 

• Like 1

Try Cerata (BP in Infested Lab in your Dojo). The Toxin will make all those SP Corpus units trivial. It's a Glaive like your Xoris so you'll have no problem figuring out how to use it. Mod it purely for Toxin damage.

And no, Cerata is not mastery fodder. It is worth investing a Catalyst and Forma into the weapon (also needs Forma as a crafting ingredient to build 🙁).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

do you have the Galvanized Mods from Arbitration? IMO taking on Steel Path is a bad idea without them, guns get a lot of their scaling damage from those. your weapon and frame choices seem fine, so it sounds more like a modding issue. 

Getting Wisp and/or Revenant could certainly help as well. don't give up on recruit chat btw, while offering to help players myself, I wasn't the only one, there were plenty of others who were willing to help others with missions; there are still some good Tenno out there. 

This is what I'm thinking as well. Share screenshots of your mod loadouts, then we can see if maybe there's a culprit there that can be improved.

2 hours ago, BodyAndWall said:

Good evening,

You have Frost. Get yourself this build if you can:
Icy Avalanche (Overguard with avalanche. Must have)
Biting Frost (Bonus CC and CD on frozen enemies. Must have)
Flow (Archon preferably)
Continuity (primed if you can)
Umbral Intensify (Rank 9+. You can use normal Intensify if Overextended is at rank 4 or below)
Overextended
Corrosive Projection
Molt Augmented (must be maxed)

This build here gives you a normal mod slot and your exilus slot entirely free for whatever you want to personalize your build with.
Using Corrosive Projection, and getting your strength on Avalanche to a minimum of 137%, allows Avalanche to strip 100% of enemy armour, as well as freeze them allowing Biting Frost to function.

If you don't have a maxed molt agumented, you can ommit it and use a max Precision intensify and a R4 Overextended to also allow Avalache to fully strip as well. This then gives you an Arcane slot spare, though keep in mind, only Avalanche will get this full 140% strength. All other abilities will be at 50% strength.

Frost is basically a far better Hildryn when using his augment honestly.

- Styanax is one to look to get. Just do your Kahl mission each week, though it'll take you 5 weeks to get him if you haven't done Kahl before at all.

- Gauss is amazing if you can control him properly, which isn't easy. Trust me, I'm a Gauss main, he takes practice.

- Yareli can also be exceptional with practice and the right pistol. Ocucor is insane on her if you have it's augment.

- Caliban is a great Jack of All Trades frame. Defense Strip on his 4, shield regen with his 3, damage vulnerability on his 2 and a subsume slot on his 1.

- Zephyr is another semi-jack of all trades. She lacks an armour strip, but makes up for it in Turbulance giving you near immunity to ranged attacks, a lot of mobility, and some powerful CC/Damage redirection with tornadoes

- If you like utilizing weapons and abilities, Protea is great, especially if you use a Heat primer to then have her turrets smack enemies for bonkers heat proc damage. That and using alongside a Proboscis Cernos or Nautilus for grouping and her Artillery cleans up anything, while her grenades and dispensary keep her alive and fueled.

- Xaku is another weird, but powerful frame that's easy to use. Steal enemies weapons, which results in scaling damage, innate armour strip (subsume over with Pillage though for armour strip+Better survival), and innate damage boosting

I will say, personally I avoid frames that try to health tank in Steel path. Regardless of armour.

Health tanking is a surefire way to get yourself downed constantly. There are a LOT of enemies in SP, and they hit very hard. If you don't have enough armour, you go down. There's a reason Inaros and Nidus aren't used in SP. That is why. Without some form of invisibility, shield gating or Iframes, you're gonna hit the floor when you health tank.

Edited by Stormandreas

Bypassing shields with toxin damage is by far the easiest way to deal with Steel Path Corpus. Best thing about it is it doesn't rely on status ticks, the toxin damage itself just bypasses shields entirely.

Cerata is a great suggestion, it's a formidable weapon especially against Corpus. It's a thrown glaive much like your Xoris but with heavy toxin damage on the explosion (and no infinite combo timer).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nira said:

Bypassing shields with toxin damage is by far the easiest way to deal with Steel Path Corpus. Best thing about it is it doesn't rely on status ticks, the toxin damage itself just bypasses shields entirely.

Cerata is a great suggestion, it's a formidable weapon especially against Corpus. It's a thrown glaive much like your Xoris but with heavy toxin damage on the explosion (and no infinite combo timer).

If you carry something like a Corrosive/Viral/Heat weapon like Phage, the Cerata can also very efficiently dispatch armored SP units too. It might not scale to level cap, but should work just fine for 1-2 hour runs.

If you build the Cerata with Heavy Attack in mind, the loss of the Xoris combo gimmick doesn't really matter anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nslay said:

If you carry something like a Corrosive/Viral/Heat weapon like Phage, the Cerata can also very efficiently dispatch armored SP units too. It might not scale to level cap, but should work just fine for 1-2 hour runs.

If you build the Cerata with Heavy Attack in mind, the loss of the Xoris combo gimmick doesn't really matter anyway.

Ahh the Phage, a forgotten gem, so glad it still slaps in 2023. Good candidate for SP corpus actually as ya could have viral and toxin separately 😳

1 hour ago, Nira said:

Ahh the Phage, a forgotten gem, so glad it still slaps in 2023. Good candidate for SP corpus actually as ya could have viral and toxin separately 😳

And Phage can be modded to additionally dish out Corrosive/Heat for up to 90% armor strip... can be important for the armored Corpus units as well as for non-Corpus units should you use the setup against other factions.

I especially love how it wipes out Eximus Overguard fast. In this regard, one advantage Toxin has are the Toxin elemental mods that increase both the overall damage and DoT damage... nothing like that for Slash. And Slash DoT has a nasty 0.35 multiplier while Toxin DoT has a larger 0.5 multiplier.

10% armor remaining won't scale forever though ☹️

• Like 1

Just use the Torid incarnon like everyone else. I personally prefer the Boar Prime incarnon. But your Laetum should clear out enemies quick and easy. Have you put like 7 or 8 forma into it? Also the Felarx is one of the most powerful guns in the game and you never need to use the inferior incarnon form. It’s just not as efficient with lots of enemies like the ones that become a beam weapon that hit multiple enemies at once.