The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Haste removal

RyllusPurple

I'm begging the developers to standardize back flipping to remove Wisp's Haste mote. Please do something to make this ability less annoying to anyone with poor ammo economy on automatic weapons, or bows. The number one annoyance in game is having my primary rate of fire altered constantly by wisp players if i don't get out of my frame into operator form to void sling past every single anchor, every single time. I cannot continue throwing myself into pits just to get rid of this annoying buff.

• Like 5

Should add an option in options for abilities that have mixed feeling from everyone about them

For example:

-Wisp Haste mote 

-Apply movement speed bonus to character when picked up?    Y/N

-Apply fire rate bonus to character when picked up?   Y/N

-Volts speed

-Apply Movement speed bonus to character?   Y/N

-Apply reload speed bonus to character?   Y/N

So now if you ever go into ANY mission and have a volt or a wisp with these abilities all over the place if they cast it on you or you happen to pick it up itll only give the bonus you want from it. AND if mid mission for WHATEVER reason you want it after all? you can always toggle it back on

Edited by rawr1254
  • Like 4

We need a list of ability filters so that we can decide what buffs from allies will apply to us. We already have a similar thing for tap/hold, so it's not even a new concept. Pablo thinks this is something that only a minority would appreciate and thus not worth the devwork, so ya'll need to start letting him know that it's desired due to how disruptive many buffs can be.

• Like 1

Many games simply allow the player to click the buff and select remove.  

PC could remove with mouse click.  Playstation could use the big middle touch sensitive pad to flick the cursor to the buff for removal.  Xbox and Switch could figure something out.  

Or, add a Helminth ability that converts the buff type into something else.  Or a mod.  All speed increase buffs get turned into Shield Recharge and reduce Recharge Delay.  Or speed buff gets turned into health per second.  Or triggers a companion effect that consumes the buff from the player.

• Like 2

Press Esc, select Friends only, done.

You play in a public squad, you play by your squad's general rules or communicate with your team what you feel the need to. Then it's up to them if they want to put up with your requirements, if they like.

Le 25/12/2023 à 07:41, Hexerin a dit :

Pablo thinks this is something that only a minority would appreciate and thus not worth the devwork, so ya'll need to start letting him know that it's desired due to how disruptive many buffs can be.

That's not what he said in what you quoted though?

Il y a 10 heures, Hexerin a dit :

That is exactly what he said. Re-read what he said, and take note of the last part.

Gotta be your wording then.

Le 25/12/2023 à 07:41, Hexerin a dit :

only a minority would appreciate and thus not worth the devwork

It sounds like you talk about a number of people ("a minority that would appreciate", that's a people thing) while Pablo talks about a number of use cases "extremely niche benefits".

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I don't see how that's the same.

Still does feel like denaturing the game out of spite for a couple abilities. (Yet no one will give a crap when the billionth rev main applies mesmer stack to a chroma ;) )