Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With making A sun themed loadout

Tromlui-Tine

Question

I was brainstorming on making a sun themed Loadout, and while it might seem gimmicky, Because it certainly is, I wanted to have my weapons all do both Heat and Radiation damage, as both Wisp's Sol gate and the solar flares during the new war mission do those two damage types simultaneously, but no matter what way I fanagle my mods I can't get both at the same time. I was told the new radiation mods from the wispers in the walls questline might work but i have been unable to find them and the wiki doesn't seem to have where to get them. Could I get some help?

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Tromlui-Tine said:

I was told the new radiation mods from the wispers in the walls questline might work but i have been unable to find them and the wiki doesn't seem to have where to get them. Could I get some help?

Keep playing the new mission nodes on Deimos that were added by WITW and you'll eventually get them (the ones that shoot off from the Sanctum Anatomica). Frames like Nekros that can roll their loot tables more times speed the process up.

Do you need the mod names so you can trade for them? That's another option.

Heat and Radiation can be a tricky combination to mod for, as Radiation, is the combination of Heat and Electric. There are various ways around this though, for example, as you have heard, mods like those that were recently added will give you Radiation in just one mod, which allows you to have it as an element, plus adding Heat or Electric (though you can only add one in this instance, as again, pairing them together just creates more Radiation IIRC). 

There are also many weapons that have inherent or default elements and elemental combinations. As in you don't mod for them, they just come with the weapon itself. On these such weapons, such combinations can be easier to make. Additionally, Kuva and Sister weapons often let you choose the default element as well (and some of those even come with an element/elemental combo, as well as an element you can pick for them... 

As for the new update and those new Radiation mods. They mostly just drop from enemies. If you can do Steel Path, thats an advantage, since you get a Mod Drop Chance boost. I was lucky enough to get a Mod Drop Chance booster from SP Circuit, which stacks with the SP version, so was pretty much about to get all the new mods, plus many many extras during that time. Depending on when cross trade is allowed, I could definitely give you some. That being said, just playing that content should see you get them eventually, sooner rather than later. 

Its an interesting idea you are in pursuit of, I wish you the best of luck with your grossly incandescent themed load out!